Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those that had been e-mailing me about in game plots, my e-mail eddress has changed... (I would have just sent you everyone effected an e-mail telling you the new one, but I have lost everyone's e-mail eddress)

My new E-mail is now delzbin@mindspring.com

For those that have not e-mailed me, I wish to inform you that I am NOT a storyplotter (or anything else like that), only someone that tries to help people on there plots. So if you want help feel free to e-mail me, just understand that I can't provided as much help as the storyplotters, though I might be easier to get a hold of.

Matt M P (Emris the Scientist)
    Emris Eineroror the Scientist
    ME of SAND

------------------------------------
    Is it the only way?
    visit a Random Site!

Hey Emris, if this is in your characters mind, you could think about the rememberers as a guild of choice.
    To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying Garrik... but my mind is moving slow today...

I appoligize to anyone that has been sending me e-mail. But my e-mail is now down... I will be finding a new service soon, but I am unsure as to when.

(I miss my sega net e-mail... and Earthlink sucks.)

Matt M P (Emris the Scientist)
      ME of SAND

Is it the only way?
      visit a Random Site!

Comment

Ok, my e-mail is now, up and running (sort of... see below) If you wish to e-mail me please e-mail Lordpox@aol.com

I dislike using AOL, so if anyone knows of any good inexpesive IPs please let me know about them via e-mail.

Matt M P
        ME of SAND

Is it the only way?
        visit a Random Site!

Comment

I believe the suggestion of the Rememberers can be easily explained. The guild gives sessions to people to help them remember their past lives. Well that is part of what the guild does. These are basically free-form role-playing (To use Sara's phrase ). I like to see them as StoryGuide in training sessions. During these you can help people to create a backstory which stays to the theme of the Castle. No elf vampires, cyber-wizards, werewolves, etc. I,myself, also tend to try and sit down with people and see if we can work out some mini-plots around their past.

In defense of the Time Before ... Ra'

Comment

Just a friendly warning, Ra, from a former Rememberer (former leader too)...

The sessions can really help people develop their characters, and I considered them pretty much essential (which is why I sat through session after session after 2 to 4 hour long session...). But remember that the stuff you make up is almost never true... Something to keep in mind OOC.

Let me quote, a blast from the past, from Staci:

You can make up whatever you want about your character, but that doesn't mean people will believe you!

To make an extreme example, you could claim your character was a powerful wizard, capable of destroying cities with a wave of your wand, and even go so far as to acquire a pointy hat and robe decorated with moons and stars to make yourself convincing. But without actual magical power to back yourself up, people are going to think you are either deluded or lying. To be even more extreme, you could say you were Superman and run around in tights and a cape--just so long as you realize you're never going to be able to leap over buildings with a single bound.

Memory can be a tricky thing, as you pointed out about the subconcious creating memories out of elements in the castle. Sometimes the thing we seem to remember the most clearly never happened, or happened far differently than we think they did. We fully expect people to indulge in some creation of "recalled" memories--some subtle (like your fondness for cats), some not so subtle (like the above mentioned wizard)--just so long as you realize that we, as the game masters, reserve the right to inform you at some later point that you are completely wrong.

My personal hope is that characters will spend more time developing the person they are now, instead of worrying excessively about the person they were before. At the very least, recalled memories should remain in the scope of the general medieval-rennaissance setting of the game.

As far as artistic license in the setting, again the basic rule is you can push things as far as people will believe. If you tell everyone that the Wizard's Tower collapsed, and it's still standing when they go to look, your character is going to suffer in terms of reliability. But telling someone that their hair is sticking up can result in some fun RP, so long as the other person plays along. It's all a gentle game of give and take.

If you have a plot need for a change in the environment (i.e. I'd like my character to see a picture of a horse that sets him off on a killing rampage), talk to one of the story hosts (or send email to ce@skotos.net to see about setting it up.

Staci D.
            Castle Marrach Design Team

Lovecraft Country: Albert Zero
            Castle Marrach: Cody the Blade

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

The fact is though that if someone can work stuff without bothering SP's for every little detail, or can work up everything and give a better presentation then it is worth while. Especially for new players that can be helpful, but I have even worked with more established players to come up with a few great ideas.

I will not here get into an argument about the validity of the memories created. If you, or other people, did not think the Rememberers should exist as a guild then you should bring that concern to someone like a StoryPlotter.

From my understanding the sessions were added by players to give the guild additional ways they could help other players. There are also some ways this works towards furthering plots.

What it looks like to me from the quote is the fact that a SP or such can come to a character and say, "Would you help us with a plot? We are going to give you the following past." Which frankly doesn't mean jack to what a character remembered. They just remembered a different life time ... unless you can honestly claim that multiple lives in the game are an impossibility.

Ra'

Comment

I'm just saying that there may (and probably will from what has been said in the past) come a time when our pasts are explained to us in more detail, IC.

When the Queen will come forth and let us know a little more about ourselves... And many of us find out that the stories we made up in Remembering sessions or otherwise are impossible.

When you hobnob with higher-up folks, you come to see that Rememberers are given comtempt by those of higher station because the memories brought forth are seen IC-ly as being false. (Of course, so are the recalled memories given to us at character creation, but we have been assured OOC that yes, those are actually true IC but your interpretations of them might not be. Therefore their opinion can't be 100% correct, hehe.)

I have a very detailed past I made up for Cody, which was also coordinated with another well-known character. Yet I realize that at some point I will probably find out that it's untrue. I'm prepared for that possibility, and I hope others are as well.

Remembering sessions are good though Ra, in fact I said so in my post. They are a great way to get a player to define his character. Just don't think of your character's past as gospel.

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ra'Dorcha
                  No elf vampires, cyber-wizards, werewolves, etc.
                  Actually, you could play a vampire or a werewolf, as long as you are willing to deal with the IC respose, which most likely would be disbelief. You also should be prepared should a vampire of the Castle Marrch world come calling and denounce your claims.

If you can play someone claiming to be an elf...why not a vampire?

Comment

You can claim whatever you want to. There are plenty of insane people in Castle Marrach.

Comment

My character had a dream about his past life and is unsure of it's truth. He may write a book about it inthe future, it would make for a good story, but would make people suspicious of my character.

Comment

Working...
                      X