Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

A little step for the tomboy and a big leap for the Poptart.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little step for the tomboy and a big leap for the Poptart.

(*glances at the subject and grumbles* See Atama, your insanity is starting to mentally trouble me... )

Greetings fellow Marrachians, adopted family, mortal enemies, et cetera.

You've probably all seen Carmen's post a few days ago... Well, I'm posting something similar now... I too will be absent from the game for a week or two; I'm moving out of town because of college (yay!) and I'm guessing I'll need a couple of days to get adjusted to my new surroundings, to college life in general and stuff.

I know many of you told me I'll probably have more free time than I used to in high school. It might be true. Well, no matter what, I am still unsure how much my gaming time will be affected. It all depends on the opening hours of the computer labs, especially since that might be the only place for me to get free internet access. In other words, I am not leaving the game (well, hopefully, I won't have to), but I might not be there as often as I used to.

One thing is for sure, I'm going to miss a big bunch of you. Don't hesitate to send me PMs or emails or scrolls in game if you have questions, or only if you want to say hi. I'll try answering as soon as possible. For those who had to speak to Umi (including meetings, plots Umi is taking part in, practices, etc.), I am sorry I will not be as much available as I wished I was... I don't really have an IC reason either... But you know the rule in CM; real life comes first.

So until my return, have fun in your roleplaying and don't spread too many rumors about my little sword-wielding maniac's disappearance (*looks pointedly at Atama* No saying she's got abducted by little green men from Uranus or something like that, ok?)... she'll most likely get pissed at you if you do.

See you soon!
    Big hugs,
    Gaby

No saying she's got abducted by little green men from Uranus or something like that, ok?

I'd like you to know that I wipe regularly, and no longer have this problem.
    Lovecraft Country: Albert Zero
    Castle Marrach: Cody the Blade

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

I knew you were going to say something like that... I'm not even surprised...

Comment

Didn't need to know that, Atama.

Comment

AHHHHHH!

Umi??? You're older than me? *runs, leaps, dives behind the nearest guard*

Now I have to start acting weirder! Maybe Atama's rubbing off on you, you're rubbing off on me... when we get a big enough group, we can all pin every strange tendancy on him.

Ack, cough hack... Tooooooo late. Even I get wierd...

-Kiarynn

Comment

Gaby,
            I sure am going to miss you. I'll make sure we spread lots of rumors about you while you are gone, and I will email you about them to keep you updated Good luck in school and take care. See you when you have time.

*hugs* and lots of support

~Kim~

*~Ranowan Ophidias~*
            -------------------------------------
            Poets Brotherhood Patron
            Alumni of the LPA
            Poets Brotherhood Guildleader
            Courtier

Comment

Hey, watch the rumors you're going to spread there, hun... I don't want to hear rumors that could destroy Umi's reputation. lol

Comment

*smile innocently* would I ever do that?
                *~Ranowan Ophidias~*
                -------------------------------------
                Poets Brotherhood Patron
                Alumni of the LPA
                Poets Brotherhood Guildleader
                Courtier

Comment

Good luck, and here's hoping you have a great college life. Be careful about those vicious sorority girls, through.

---Arian.

Comment

Best of luck!!

Hey Umi, good luck hun!!!! And your right, real life comes first...though after hearing, and reading some of the arguements from over Atama's shoulder, I think that carries over into RL, so you better be back

Take your time, get adjusted and hurry back to us!

~Holly~

P.S. Just cause your a tomboy doesn't mean the guys will accept you like one of the guys like in the corps hee hee hee, your gonna get attacked by men !!!!
                    Equerry to Lady Hieronyma
                    Adjunct-Prosecutor (Acting)
                    Master Jeweler

Comment

college....?

Hey Umi, just remember this saying....I don't know where I heard it, but I love it dearly.

There's a time and place for everything, and it's called college.

I hope that you don't have to leave the game, my characters haven't had much chance to interract with Umichan, and I would love the chance to rp more with her. Have fun, but not too much, lest you forget about the imaginary castle, atop the imaginary Mount Ardan, filled with imaginary people. Ya know, this would be a great case study for my Ph.D in psychology.

Keith Amerson - (KJ)
                      Kalibus/Krynn
                      *signed with a precise and neat signature*

Krynn

Comment

Umi,

Just started college myself. You adjust pretty fast so don't worry. Have fun, I am...

John

Comment

There's a time and place for everything, and it's called college.
                          That was from a recent movie or tv show......damned if I can remember more though
                          To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

I seem to recall that quote being from the Simpsons. Though I can't be sure... so please completely disregard this post. Thank you.

Comment

could be.... still cant remember, I've got Cody's riddle on my mind
                              To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

Working...
                              X