Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

A little step for the tomboy and a big leap for the Poptart.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

Umi,

Is there a way of getting a second phone line into the room?

Darren

p.s.

Never bet on anything in College. You will be doing essays in Art Class, you may also be doing a PowerPoint Presentation in Art Class (as I had to in Graphic Communications, and several of my classmates in that class did their presentations on Artists).
    And then there's the essay's for English Class, Geography Class, and any other class you haft to take besides your major.
    I'm sorry, but that's how it is.

Comment

Darren, I dunno if you've ever rented a room at someone else's house before, but wanting to get them to make alterations to their home in order to accomodate you is kinda hard.

Plus, installing a new line and paying for it each month is really expensive. Plus, I dunno how hard it is to install a phone line into an igloo.
      Lovecraft Country: Albert Zero
      Castle Marrach: Cody the Blade

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

Then, add the fact that if I go to classes, get a part time job, and do my homeworks, I probably won't even have enough time to sleep, not to mention not being able to go online at all.

And what do you mean an igloo? It's Myrth who lives in Alaska, not I.

Comment

Well..

Well, if Umi asks nicely, there maybe allowances made for the phone line.
          As for geting a new one, it depens. Usually a phone box has two leads, and one of those leads is in use as the main line while the other is inert--that is depending on the type of box and how old the system is.
          I scored a winner, a rarity for me, when my Mom had a phone line put in for her computer--it had a second, unused, lead which cost me only $65 to activate (a one time fee) and $20 a month to use.
          And when I tried to move out back in April, Atama, I roomed at a friends (staying in his sisters room until she came back) for $80 a week. And yes, the matter of the phone line did come up. But luckily he had a cable set up for his computer, so I played with it.

Darren Brimhall

p.s.
          Actually, you can be VERY suprised what you can get into a Igloo.

Comment

Actually, you can be VERY suprised what you can get into a Igloo.

I really really really don't wanna know.
            Lovecraft Country: Albert Zero
            Castle Marrach: Cody the Blade

StoryCoder Azrael tells StoryHermit Death, "I *did* get told "you're amazing" by a girl when I was saucing my hotdog..."

Comment

Same here...

Comment

Working...
              X