Idea just sent in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea just sent in.

Just sent this in, and was curious what people thought of the idea.

15:41 [TAS] "<#9627/Ideas> filed by Makepeace[***]: New system based off of the Chess system. "The Meal System" The cooks would offer plates of food to people that you could tap like the chess board and your character would then start eating food from it, with basic emotes showing up every now and then like what happens with the Chess system. After about a half hour of this the character would finish his plate, or at any time they could just stop eating, or gobble up the remaining food. They could add emotes to eatting the food like you can in chess, but the main idea of this would be so that a group of people could sit around a table and appear to be eating while being able to consitrate on actual scene around them without having to worry about food being left over once they are done RPing. (How often do you go to a dinner with someone and actualy think about the food that you are eating? I know I don't as I'm eating it and talking when I'm not eating. Yet even though we don't think about eating much when actualy eating we all seem to finish about at the same time)"
    ~ Matthew Makepeace ~

How about this instead:

If you bring a certain table into the dining hall, it would have a servant that went with it, just for dinner parties and such. Then, when you sit down, you tap the table (IC'ly "calling the servant" and OOC'ly telling the table that you are now eating). So say you want to TAP DINNER TABLE 'leg of lamb'. Then you would have a leg of lamb in front of you, and once in a while, an emote would say that you are eating that lamb, for about 15 minutes or so, and you could tap it for as much food as you want at a time (probably limit it to like 5, or not, and see how many people are called pigs), then when everything's gone, you can tap the table to ask for more, or when you tap it without saying what food you want, the servant takes all your food away.

This would be a great prop for dinner parties in the Inner Bailey, mostly, because this would be a very formal thing, especially with the servant there to bring food and take it away.

Just an idea!

Poetess of the Brotherhood
    Seeker of the Faith
    Deputy of the Winter Watch

[OOC NOTE: If a post is signed twice, it is for those who have signatures turned off. If you do not have sigs turned off, ignore the first signature please]

Comment

Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of Geoffry and his assistants?
      Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

I didn't realize RPing eating was so difficult.
        "If you don't like something, change it.
        If you can't change it, change your attitude.
        Don't complain."
        -Maya Angelou

"Listen to Age. Age smart." - LSP Geist

Comment

That's because people don't have my magical plate! (Well, not just me, but only a very select few people do. Nyah.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gabs
            Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of Geoffry and his assistants?
            Nope because for special parties they would still have to make the food and such.

As for roleplaying eating. It's not that difficult. I just don't like to have to think eating while I'm talking with someone and we are supposibly eating togeather.
            Xewe Golianor

((ooc: The cake is a lie))

Comment

I would qualify this idea as "Doable, but not worth the coders' effort".

There are new systems and bugs being implemented and fixed. Some of which I know about, and others I ignore since I not aware of every single perk of the code as much as the staff people.

I would rather the staff worked on those, which have more practical meaning to the RP than this one.

Besides, I feel this feature would be scarcely exploited, and the automatic emotes would soon grow old and everyone would ignore them.

Heck, some players (and not new ones, or laggy ones) even ignore the dueling emotes and keep jabbing and cutting after the duel is done :P

The idea is interesting, I just do not think it would add to the RP value.

- Leo

Comment

Originally posted by Age
                I didn't realize RPing eating was so difficult.
                Edited by Forum Moderator. TOS Violation

By yourself.

In a cell.

Oh, sod off.

-Greg?
                Originally penned by Dionar
                Ryot was a mistake, and it was corrected. Threads have been locked because the conversation degraded into personal attacks and name calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuma
                  blah blah blah
                  All that and I have only one question... Do you code yourself?
                  Xewe Golianor

Comment

I realise that my question about you knowing how to code might not make alot of sence. But here let me explain:
                    [list=1][*] They are currently tring to hire new coders.[*] Not everyone knows how to create a weather system.[*] Not everyone knows how to create what ever other system they might need.[*] A system based of anouther system is always a good place for new people to get there feet wet[*] This idea for system is based of the chess system[*] It seems to me that this would be a great system for someone to try to create before tring to create one of those other systems that they need built.[/list=1]
                    Xewe Golianor

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer a weather system, smarter CNPCs, the new crafting system using MGeneric to be completed, and wizardry and alchemy to be launched before wanting the coders to work on emoting plates.
                      Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

No, I do not code myself.

Yes, the question makes sense.

I repeat, the idea is interesting. But trying to tackle it in an objective approach, I would rather other kind of more vital projects are considered. Such as the coding of the tools for the crafting system. Or the correction of some bugs in the bodies. Or the expansion of the game world.

However, if all you will do after asking for someone's opinion is dismiss it with a "Do you code?" question, then I guess I am done justifying my point.

Comment

I wasn't tring to dismiss your thoughts on it. But mearly tring to point out that all these other systems that people want are not easy to create. If they had been we would see them already. My suggestion you have already said was interesting, and I say that it would be good practice for a new coder to tackle while learning about the coding system.

I realy wish I could say more than that, to explain why I asked do you code... but I realy can't. I likely shouldn't have even asked that because of some of the reasons I had had for asking it.

But here is an idea, try to code in. Go right the Lead StoryCoder, and say hay, while I have no coding experance, I would like to try to work on those systems. If they let you, you'll see what I'm talking about. (And no I don't mean that insultingly saying if you want the systems you need to do it yourself, but what I am saying is that you might want to just try and code for them even if you don't think you can code)
                          Xewe Golianor

Comment

Thank you as always for submitting ideas for future projects. Unfortunately, at this time, the coding staff of CM have their plates full with various projects, and coding a new 'system' (like the existing chess system) isn't as low-level as it may seem.

I will not say never, but at this point in time, it is not on our list of top-priorities and goals to see accomplished.

Keep brainstorming, however. Ideas are always welcome.
                            StoryCoder Skylar
                            skylar@marrach.skotos.net

----------ERROR:----------
                            Cannot find REALITY.SYS.
                            ---> Universe Halted.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabs
                              Maybe it's just me, but I'd prefer a weather system, smarter CNPCs, the new crafting system using MGeneric to be completed, and wizardry and alchemy to be launched before wanting the coders to work on emoting plates.
                              *... just smiles ...*
                              Reveur - The Day Dreaming
                              "Everything starts as somebody's daydream." - Larry Niven
                              "The best way to travel is by means of imagination." - Unknown

Kalle quotes Story Reveur casually, "Oh, right, I slayed them, no wonder they're not hungry. - Guests smile nervously at Rev."

Comment

Working...
                              X