A Departure.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Departure.

For nearly a year, I have worked alongside all of you, to first, as a player, and then, as a StoryPlotter, create something great on the screen and in our hearts and minds.

In that year, I have made friends, upset people, and grown as a person. I have watched characters come in to the castle clad in linens, rise to wear velvets and silks. I have watched, and had a hand in fantastic role-play, and superb storytelling.

However, to quote the Vernacular, All good things, must end.

Today, I have departed Castle Marrach, as a Plotter, and as a player. I leave behind friends, and stories that will live on. I also leave behind a slew of open plot threads, that alas, I was not given time to sew them up. Those of you who are a part of them, I am sorry.

Be Good.

If you cant be good, Be good at being bad.

StoryPlotter Corvis.
    Sir Launfal 2.0
    Priestess Nadira 2.0
    Jester Dagonet 2.0
    Valrich
    Morte
    Richarde
    Anjou
    The Red Sashes
    Geoffry The Cook
    Guido The Well Equipped Courier.
    And many, many others.

Well, I didn't know you very long, but I found your RPing to be VERY good indeed and it was a pleasure RPing with you on occasion.

Whatever you do in life, make sure you enjoy it... We will miss you!

Comment

*rubs her eyes quickly*

It has been a fantatistic time with you around, even if I did not get a chance to RP with each character. My personal favorities were Morte, and Richarde. I had an opportunity once or twice to see the others, but from the side of the house I play in, these two had a profound impact upon my Character.

As a person, I must say that I have had some of the best RP in many Years. I am grateful that I had a chance to get to know you outside the game, and I know that we will keep in touch.

I might have to stalk ya from game to game.

Just kidding.

Your mystique and flare for plots will be missed Corvis. You gave allot to CM and your absence will be felt.

*huge hugs*

*carefully wipes her tearful eyes*

S. Bourdo
      This Section is entirely OOC:
      If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun. ~ Katherine Hepburn
      "Wise sayings often fall on barren ground; but a kind word is never thrown away." ~ Sir Arthur Helps.
      "Boredom is the fear of self." ~ Comtesse Diane
      Angron - Well, if pouches were a little bigger, Faer would have a mobile home "

Comment

Storyplotter Corvis,

Your ability to role-play and design complicated characters and personalities was an inspiration to me, and a driving force to play my own characters in a manner that would do justice to time and dedication that you placed in the game.

Your presence in the game will be missed by me and by the Marrachian community. Thanks for all the time that you spent in the game, and for being an example of exceptional roleplaying skill.

-Zack
        Never was, and never shall be.

Comment

Oh no! Not another one! Lots of really good people keep leaving..

*cough* But there's a life out there, somewhere.. that we all have but some of us don't know about...

We'll miss you! More to say but I couldn't do it justice, so, be well and all that sappy good stuff.

-Kiarynn

Comment

You will be missed

*blinks surprisedly*

Well, it must be said.....you shall be missed greatly by those of us that needed a villian to hate and despise. I will miss Morte greatly, not to mention your other characters.

I must also say that it was a genuine pleasure to meet the man behind the characters at GenCon. It is hard for all of us to remember that there are actual people with real emotions behind the characters. Meeting you was a treat since it allowed me to see that for myself.

I will miss all the intrigues and plots.

Jim AKA Robert
            Silliness: Grand Master
            Intrigue: Master Adept
            Creative Thinking: Artisan
            Subtlety: Apprentice (considerable training)

Comment

Nothing I can add that wasn't already said. I am glad that I got to meet you as well as everyone else who was at GenCon. Thanks for all the hard work you put into Marrach.
              May good fortune be with you always,
              Kathy N
              "I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings"
              ~ Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Comment

Be well

You make a difficult thing look easy...you are always several steps ahead of us (well, me at least) ...and you push those of us who play with you to play better. I admire your imagination and how you translate that, whether with a character or a plot.
                You gave much of yourself to us; I hope we gave you something good in return.

Live. Life is too short.

Patrice

Comment

AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Wonderful, I was going to have Jayland get into a Duel to the Death with Launfal...
                  Corvis, would you like to reconcider leaving until then...
                  Please???

Oh why does this **** happen to me for?

Darren Brimhall

Comment

Gone but not forgotten

*Resists the urge to maul Darren*

What can I say, you truely will be missed.....who else will help us to cause so much trouble late night?

Honestly, you brought a lot to this game with all of your alts, as easy as they were to spot at times. So don't think that just becuase you left the game that I won't hunt you down to annoy you to death at 3am fo no other reason than to be a pest.

Take care and much luck,
                    Holly/Hannah
                    Equerry to Lady Hieronyma
                    Adjunct-Prosecutor (Acting)
                    Master Jeweler

Comment

Life's Adventures

Thanks for making my life alternately a living hell, and a pleasant heaven, and so many other experiences in between.

With you as storyplotter, it was never boring!

Onwards, to adventure!

-Pete.

p.s. Call me for dinner.
                      ~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
                      ~ For Honour! For Glory!
                      ~ Onwards to Adventure!

Comment

~Corrects Pete~ ICE CREAM. And no alcohol!
                        - Carmen

Comment

I can't really say anything that wasn't said before but what the heck, i'll say it again.. You brought so many great things to this game and even though sometimes it wasn't always appreciated it will be missed. I'm sorry to see you go but I understand there is life beyond the game. We'll miss you!

Jennifer
                          Mistress Gretchan D'Avalon

Comment

Now what...

Ah, James...

Well, if you asked me a month after I first connected with you if I'd feel bad if you left... I would have said no. But what can I say now? My life in Marrach would have been completely different without you.

Thank you for the following, in no particular order:
                            • Putting together Gareth and Avaria's wedding (thanks to Charmiam there too)
                            • Shoving me into the Chroniclers
                            • Having a devious mind and a fantastic sense of humor
                            • Listening to all my inane pages
                            • And having the most extreme patience with a player who can't seem to keep her character out of trouble for more than three days running ;p

And you just think you're leaving, you can't leave... the drawbridge is rusted shut!

Have fun out there.
                            Lady Avaria, Royal Archivist & Dean of the Royal Collegium
                            Collegium Dean since 30.10.8
                            Royal Archivist since 10.11.2
                            Previously Senior Chronicler and Counselor

StoryPlotter Skelly says, "I always knew Avi was evil ... Now I have logged evidence!"

Comment

A goodbye or Farewell?

Well I guess you would be my friend and enemy eh? Anyways, you were a great friend and a lot of help to me, especially when Arikon and Morte went at it. It has been a lot of fun and you have contributed a great amount of time and devotion unto this game. I believe this deserves an award and I'll create it and put it up on my Marrach Awards page that will be coming out soon. Have a great life and keep in touch on ICQ.

Richard~
                              ~For the Glory and Honor of our Queen~

Comment

Working...
                              X