Bumping Posts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*joins in the bumping*

I'm sure something can be done... Don't most message boards come with a thing, so certain threads stay perminently at the top? My other forum has it, and no matter what, they stay up there... *to early to think of what its called*

Anyway, I should get to bed, *murmurs secretly to herself, "I only wanted to bump but needed an excuse to* >_>

hehe but yeah, am pretty sure theres something like that...

Comment

They're called stickies. But they're already being used.
      --Steve (Stix)

Comment

I like the idea of personal stickies. Anything we can do to get those?
        Xewe Golianor

((ooc: The cake is a lie))

Comment

I'm affraid that too many people would start to sticky not so important stuff. Of course it could be "Unstickied" by the moderators.. but .. I have some retiscences, yet it is a good idea.
          ~Isa~

Comment

Thats it!! Stickies!!

Ony moderators can change or do them, not everyone and am sure the people who are moderators aren't silly, and wouldn't change them all the time. Leave the most important ones up there.

I dunno, just an idea

Comment

What I ment about personal stickies, is that I could sticky something I wanted to be at top and for me when I am loged in it would be on top, but for everyone else it would get barried like everything else.
              Xewe Golianor

Comment

Couldn't bookmark it on your browsers, if you really wanted to know when the next exciting 'Marrach Survivor' is posted?

I suppose you would have to check it for new activity, so this perhaps is not the best suggestion, but it works as an alternative.

Comment

Brought to the top once more.

Comment

Re: Bumping Posts

Originally posted by SP Aziel
                    Also, please do not bump posts the day after you post them unless you have a good reason.
                    Applies to bumping them the day after you bumped them, too, I should think.
                    Priam: You know what's a bad idea?
                    Kyramor: Not usually

Comment

A good rule of thumb is that if it is still on the same page, don't bump it. I can understand if it has fallen off the main page, but eesh.

Comment

Bumping this so Johnathan can see it. Sorry John but we all have been asked not to bump threads for just a because we felt like kit.

Please provide a reason why you are bumping these threads. Not all of us know what you are talking about or why you are bumping it.
                        Xewe Golianor

Comment

Belziel + Sameer

Comment

Originally posted by Xewe
                            Bumping this so Johnathan can see it. Sorry John but we all have been asked not to bump threads for just a because we felt like kit.

Please provide a reason why you are bumping these threads. Not all of us know what you are talking about or why you are bumping it.
                            Good use of the search function, but bad example. Most of his request was directed to the posts that are bumped every day or few days. Note how he worded this :"Please do not bump posts unless you have something new to add to them or there is a specific reason why they need to be brought to the top. "

So if I have something to add to them, or a specific reason, its cool. I do have reasons, and in some of them I have noted the reason or added to it. If no one had posted any any of the "dead" threads after I moved them then it might be diffrent, but that isnt what happend. If you really dont like the old threads, you dont have to read them, but there are a number of people who dont know things like a) issues have come up before b) Some castle history (Like the spring fling post) c) That some things have changed a lot, and some a little.

I am sorry that you seem to be offended by my bumping of old posts, but I do this every few months to a year, I use the search and I bump things that I think have been lost/forgotten, or something becouse I want it have fresh faces look at it. I am not breaking any ToS or rules doing this.

Comment

Then John what is the big deal to just say in your bump "I think this is still an issue" or mentioning your reason.

When all you do is bump with the word "Bumping this to the top" you are not offering anything new.

Look all I'm asking is that you say that you give people an idea why you are bumping it and not just leave us to sort through the whole thing to find out what's going on.

I'm not saying you are breaking the ToS, I'm asking you to be a courtous player and let people know why you are bringing dead threads alive again as you are doing it.
                              Xewe Golianor

Comment

Or here is an idea, find all the threads you want to bump and instead of bumping them create links to them and say "hey guys I think all of these things are still issues:

The reason I ask this John is that I don't get a chance to read the forums every day. I also read 5 sets of forums for things so it's hard to keep track of what are the threads that I'm actively keeping track of and what ones I don't care about.

One of the ways I do this is that I keep track of the names of the threads that I'm actively taking part in. If I see a thread that has a little hot spot on it and is showing that it's got unread messages I assume it's an active issue and look at it.

However when all I see is "Bumping this up to the top" I then have to either decide to look through the whole thread and decide why you are bumping it, or decide not to read it. As I do respect your opinion I assume you do have a reason, but it would be nice if you shared that with us and not leaving us to guess what that reason is.
                                Xewe Golianor

Comment

Working...
                                X