Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

[STAFF] A time of rest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [STAFF] A time of rest

Greetings my fellow castle friends -

I hope you all have enjoyed the week and the events that took place during. I know all the staff has had a wonderful time taking part and observing the activities that were both planned and unplanned.

I would like to take a moment and thank all the players who partook in the events, who helped organized events for their guilds and for everyone who showed up and joined. You deserve an applause, so pat yourselves on the back and take a moment to reflect upon what you have achieved and what you helped build.

Now... onward.

For many, many weeks all of the staff of Marrach has planned, tossed, argued, debated, wrote, rewrote, triplicated, moved, spawned, screamed, lived, loved and enjoyed with this festival and all it encompasses. But, we are tired and so I ask you, as players and people, and urge you to be patient. We will get to you, we will get you involved and going and moved and setup and it may not be today or tomorrow, it may not even be this week but believe that we have not forgotten.

So go about and enjoy the game and enjoy what has been accomplished and let us reform from the piles of jello that the majority of our minds have become.

I thank you all again, on behalf of myself and all the staff. I am proud to see what can be done when people work together and I am proud to be part of it and you all should take the time to know that each of you are just as important in making Marrach a thriving society. Your dedication and hard work is recognized.

Enjoy the game!
    -- StoryCoder Aziel
    -- spaziel@yahoo.com

As much as I love all of you, I'm sorry to inform you that there is no rest for the wicked.

Have a nice day.
    'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
    -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.
    The most acceptable hypocrisy.
    -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

'Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler.'

Comment

[Tucks all the happy staff into their cozy little beds and feeds them soup]

Sleep tight, you've got work to do on tuesday.. so get your rest and get strong.. work out htose fingers and start typin... or write out macros to do the work for you .... Just Kidding, you all deserve this rest and relaxation period, in the mean-time how abou those free-emotes so we can do yer job while you're away.. j/k

Lubberz,
      kai kai
      [Signed with a simple yet all too elegant and over-the-top Y]
      .::Y::.

Comment

How could you forget us, we pay your salary.

Darren Brimhall

Comment

Since they work for free, they deserve not only a rest but our heartfelt thanks.

Kathy N
          "I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings"
          ~ Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers

Comment

Thank You from the bottom of my heart.
            Your selfless efforts for other people's enjoyment is appreciated.

Jessica

britta's player

Comment

An idea

You know, if there are those of us that have some kind of knowledge in coding...perhaps we could return the favor, say in one of the Marrach ooc theatre room?

Anyway, I'll fan you all, but I'm not getting that extra bottle of club soda!

Just kidding.

---Andrew. Ginger Ale, on the other hand...

Comment

THANKS!!!

To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

Hey, where's my money?

Originally posted by Darren Brimhall
                  Actually, Darren, the positions of:

. StoryPlotter
                  . StoryCoder
                  . StoryGuide

are all voluntary as KathyN has pointed out. We pay to play, just like everyone else, and work behind the scenes for nothing, because we love the game. The joy of making CM more fun and enjoyable is our reward.

Comment

I knew I should have believed the voices in my head when I was looking for the check in my mailbox. The devil told me that I was to get a check, but nooo....
                    Insanity is your friend. Friends are good. Insanity is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dariel
                      As much as I love all of you, I'm sorry to inform you that there is no rest for the wicked.
                      Okay, so it's really mature but: "I know you are but what am I?"

Or, in slightly more adult speak: "I fully realize there is no rest for the wicked, and whilst that might cause you some problems at night, I fail to see how that effects me in any way."

In terms of pay: Not only don't we get paid, we pay. I think that goes a bit beyond the term volunteer. "Welcome to PBS, thanks for helping us during this pledge drive by answering phones for us. By the way, it will cost you $5 an hour to man those phones. Have a good day."

In regards to voices in heads: "I'm not the only one who can hear them?" StoryPlotter Xios turns to voices in his head, "Are you cheating on me with Lichdar again?"

Thanks everyone for the words of encoragement. I've enjoyed working as an SP so far due to the good things I hear back from you all. I'm glad I agreed to do this, and hope to help make the castle better.

But it was an exausting week, culminating in having many people to move. Everyone has been good so far about it. Thanks to all who are patient.
                      -StoryHost Xios

Comment

Sigh..

As one not normally at a loss for words, I find what comes immediately to mind wholly inadequate to express my fondness, gratitude and utter admiration for all of you who helped make this week the most intense, fantastic, wonderful, phenomenal, exciting week I have experienced since I awakened. Wow.

Thank you all a thousand times over. You guys are the greatest.

The yoke or the throne?

Comment

Originally posted by SPXios
                          In regards to voices in heads: "I'm not the only one who can hear them?" StoryPlotter Xios turns to voices in his head, "Are you cheating on me with Lichdar again?"
                          Sorry no...... they are in my head this month telling me to all kinds of interesting tidbits about what they have been telling you and Lichdar! I also never realized how good they were at 'Rock, Paper, Siczors'. *sigh*.... Just lost again.
                          Written this day, by my hand,
                          Calla Dane

Comment

Thank yous for yous!

Thank you for making this game as addictive as it is. It truly is stupendous. I don't know how I'll ever repay you all fro the hours of study, and work time that I've lost. Without CM I might have actually become a productive college student. God forbid!

Thanks for saving me, and all the huddled masses from something so unthinkable.

Thanks peeps,
                            Dusty
                            "Enjoy Life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

Comment

Thanks Staff for all you do, enjoy your rest
                              With Respect,
                              - Ser Mainge the Wanderer
                              - Awakener & Rememberer

- The quiet ones change the world, the loud ones just take the credit.
                              - Forgotten Ambassador

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information