Forum Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Updates

For those of you (like me) who link their forum accounts to their login names at Skotos, this update is going to cause a lot of problems. Accounts made after linking them to our account names never had a password assigned to them.

I figured out how to get a password (hurrah?)

Ensure you are logged into the right name and then click the user CP button. Click Edit Profile to ensure the e-mail address assigned to that account is still active and correct. Once that's done, click on Edit Password. All three boxes will be empty. If you click on 'Forgotten your password?' it will ask you to put in your email address (the one on your account) and it will walk you through making a password.

Voila. You now have a password for tomorrow when they rip out their pretty account-linked forum names hack.

-Stacey/Briseis

For reference: http://forum.skotos.net/announcement.php?s=&forumid=14

I think you need the e-mail address to match up with the one in your profile. That made things work for me.

Courtier of the Winter Court
    Assistant to the Royal Venefice Her Ladyship Hieronyma
    Fellow of Lexiography at the Royal Collegium

My pages - My deviant art
    Per Aspera ad Astra

Comment

Right, finally got it to work for my accounts.

A %&#!ing pain.
      Priam: You know what's a bad idea?
      Kyramor: Not usually

Comment

*grin*

See? See? Another reason alts are bad

Comment

I read the announcement, but I'm still lost. Apparently I'm slow.
          "It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other."
          - Petrarch

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
          - Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - but for severe ones they cannot."
          - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Wow... with all respect to advancing in technology and stuff... this is so so so not CMish. I feel like I'm in this forum of little girls who loves the backstreet boys...
            Mistress Tristana

Member of Her Majesty's Court
            Embinder/Hairstylist
            Aide for the Healers
            Patron of the Embinders
            Scribe of the Chambers

Comment

*sulks because she lost her custom title and there's no way to add it back*
              Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

User CP->Edit Profile?

Comment

I checked, Shannon. It's not there.

I see a link to edit your email and password, and text boxes for Date of Birth, Home Page URL, Instant Messaging, Characters, Biography, Location, Interests, and Occupation, but no Custom Title.
                  Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

I can't find the option either, have just looked through it all.

Courtier of the Winter Court
                    Assistant to the Royal Venefice Her Ladyship Hieronyma
                    Fellow of Lexiography at the Royal Collegium

My pages - My deviant art
                    Per Aspera ad Astra

Comment

Nope. Not there. Strange that some are there and others not. Wonder if it's only on your main account?

Is there a way to customize the look? I realize we aren't going to get the old CM forum look back, but these colors... Wait! You said you weren't done. Nevermind. I'll leave all questions til you're done maybe. Depends on which personality visits the forums first.

Comment

Try again? I think I found the permission that was off and turned it on.

Comment

It's there now.

USER CP
                          EDIT PROFILE

This is the title that appears beneath your name on your posts. Check the 'Reset' box if you wish to use the default title for your usergroup and post count.
                          Your current user title is
                          Worlds without end... Reset
                          Custom User Title

Comment

Also: Can't find functionality to browse forums anonymously.

Furthermore, I'm wondering if account association was lost in the shuffle. At the very least we've lost the neat dropdown menu on the frontpage.

And one more thing while I'm here: The expanding/contracting feature is great, but should also be applied to the subforums (eg. 'Prose Games') and subsubforums (eg. 'Castle Marrach').

That's about it. Thanks.
                            'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
                            -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.
                            The most acceptable hypocrisy.
                            -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

'Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler.'

Comment

PS. I DO like the new boxes for each post, though I'm kind of used to having all the info on the left hand side. I DO like the new appearance of Quotes.

And I can't seem to use the Quick Reply feature. When I submit, it just doesn't go through. The regular reply is definitely faster from what I see than the Quick Reply.
                              'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
                              -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.
                              The most acceptable hypocrisy.
                              -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

'Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler.'

Comment

Working...
                              X