No announcement yet.

Forum Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Reply depends on AJAX. It's possible it might not work if you're using an older browser or behind certain types of firewall.

Comment

Originally posted by Tristana View Post

Wow... with all respect to advancing in technology and stuff... this is so so so not CMish. I feel like I'm in this forum of little girls who loves the backstreet boys...
      Hey nothing wrong with the backstreetboys!
      x Deputy Keeley x

- Don't follow me I'm lost too!

Comment

I don't like change. I think this is really, um. For lack of better words? Ugly. I hate that Vbulletin thin on the upper right hand corner, the additional options being a seperate window, and I rather liked how the old posts ran into eachother, it seemed easier for reading to me. I miss having a side bar where I could put everything, I do not like the name header. I dislike the green dot.... I wish updates also had a way to make it look the same. I am sure this has a lot more 'spiffy' things you can do with your posts but visually it's an eyesore.

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonA View Post
          Quick Reply depends on AJAX. It's possible it might not work if you're using an older browser or behind certain types of firewall.
          No idea about AJAX. Using IE6, going to test Firefox in a bit. All I can say is that the Quick Reply feature on another board (based on UBB.threads 6.5.5) has been working fine for me. Ah well, it's not a main concern of mine, mostly fishing to see if anybody else had problems with it.
          'If you're going through hell, keep going.'
          -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.
          The most acceptable hypocrisy.
          -- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

'Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler.'

Comment

Originally posted by Howe View Post

I don't like change. I think this is really, um. For lack of better words? Ugly. I hate that Vbulletin thin on the upper right hand corner, the additional options being a seperate window, and I rather liked how the old posts ran into eachother, it seemed easier for reading to me. I miss having a side bar where I could put everything, I do not like the name header. I dislike the green dot.... I wish updates also had a way to make it look the same. I am sure this has a lot more 'spiffy' things you can do with your posts but visually it's an eyesore.
            Replacing the VBulletin graphic with a Skotos one is probably the easiest thing to do. Adjusting colours shouldn't be an issue either from what I know about these kinds of setups... but I'm missing the CP option to permanently disable smilies. THAT is important.
            -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.

'Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush, so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler.'

Comment

I assume they'll end up dropping in a forum template. These modern BBoards are heavily customizable in UI.

Comment

I hope that as the formatting changes, I will be able to tolerate the forum more. Right now it's ugly as sin. I understand why the changes needed to happen -- but right now...yuck.

Comment

My only complaints are that you have to scroll to the bottom of the page if you want to jump to the previous or the next thread (which can take a while if you're on a slow connection like me and you have to wait for the page to load) and the fact I apparently can't make the Quick Reply box go away (I never use Quick Reply in other forums with that function).

Besides that, I like it. Or I will once all the formatting is done and the green goes away. I'll have to get used to all the info being on top, but it's tolerable. Plus, it makes posts by people on my ignore list look almost invisible.

I would have been a happy gal if the avatars function was added with this upgrade, but since I know they were originally disallowed because of bandwidth, I'll be able to survive without their presence.

Oh, and Karen, darling, I think there's an option in User CP > Edit Option that lets you put the
                  additional options in the same window. Assuming you meant text formatting, the ability to add URLs, etc by "additional options".

Edit: Okay, so the green is gone, but now my eyes bleed! Peach and pink, the horror! THE PAIN...
                  Last edited by Gabs; 08-09-2006, 02:35 PM. Reason: Adding more text instead of just making another post...
                  Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

Originally posted by Gabs View Post
                    My only complaints are that you have to scroll to the bottom of the page if you want to jump to the previous or the next thread (which can take a while if you're on a slow connection like me and you have to wait for the page to load) and the fact I apparently can't make the Quick Reply box go away (I never use Quick Reply in other forums with that function).
                    You can minimize the Quick Reply box. On its top right corner is a little blue button with two up arrows on it. That'll minimize the Quick Reply box into a nasty green bar.
                    -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.

Comment

I don't like change. I think this is really, um. For lack of better words? Ugly.
                      I am sure this has a lot more 'spiffy' things you can do with your posts but visually it's an eyesore.
                      I'm reasonably certain that aesthetic changes are going to be made. Right now what we're looking at would be a default theme. The previous forum theme wasn't an out of the box theme. That said, I'm in full agreement, the colors and the lay out blows.

From what I've seen of the features, on the other hand, they’re not too bad. I like the multi-quote options, but it should be set to “forget” your previous multi-quote selections if you leave the thread. Currently, it saves your multi-quote selections, which could have its benefits, but for the most part, I see it as a negative.

I wish we had our linked accounts back though. I can't tell you what a pain in the ass it's going to be to have to log into a different account anytime I need to post as a different character.

Anyway, that’s my two for now, I’m sure I’ll have other irritations.

Oh! And like Uli, I’d like my anonymity back when browsing please.

P.S. I really like the jump to original message link for quoting, that's hot.
                      ~StoryThing Calman

Comment

I think you can turn anonymous browsing on again.

Comment

Invisible mode is back in. Woohoo.
                          -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.

Comment

Originally posted by ShannonA View Post
                            I think you can turn anonymous browsing on again.
                            Weee! *goes back into hiding*
                            ~StoryThing Calman

Comment

Ah well. A tick too late there. Thanks a ton, Shannon. I feel so much safer and private now.
                              -- Winston Churchill

POLITENESS, n.

Comment

Aweomeness!!! *SQUASH*

Comment

Working...
                                X