No announcement yet.

Forum Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good grief guys, give Shannon a break and a bit of time to customize the look. It was just massively upgraded, so it -obviously- couldn't be given a custom style until that happened.

Shannon, since I've been admin'ing a more recent version of the vBulletin, feel free to toss me an email if you need any help. But yeah, most of the options are there just gotta dig around for them.

~Nicole
    "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of."- Bacharach
    "Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."- Trevelyan
    "There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."- Herold
    "I don't necessarily agree with everything I say."- McLuhan
    "There was never a great genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
    Get Firefox -- My Blog

Comment

Quick reply is no workie for me as well. I can minimize it, but not even type in it.

And the login time-out or whatever it is, sucks. I typed the first sentence of this reply and then got distracted for 10-15 minutes, come back to hit submit and it tells me I have to log in again.

Comment

A note to people who liked the old colours:

Go to User CP > Edit Options, and scroll down to the bottom. You can change the forum's skin. Picking up Skotos Classic will give you the old tan look. Which means you can see sigs like Viceran's like the way you're supposed to see them too; without all the little tan pixels around the letters.
        Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

Originally posted by Gabs View Post
          A note to people who liked the old colours:

Go to User CP > Edit Options, and scroll down to the bottom. You can change the forum's skin. Picking up Skotos Classic will give you the old tan look. Which means you can see sigs like Viceran's like the way you're supposed to see them too; without all the little tan pixels around the letters.
          Actually, that exists on every page of the forums - bottom left corner.
          "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of."- Bacharach
          "Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."- Trevelyan
          "There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."- Herold
          Get Firefox -- My Blog

Comment

I wouldn't have noticed that. Thank you for pointing it out!
            Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

It's as if we've been riding horses this whole time and suddenly upgraded to spaceships.

I like it.

Comment

I like the changes. And the Quick Reply works fine for me (Firefox, latest version).

Comment

Originally posted by Viceran View Post
                  Quick reply is no workie for me as well. I can minimize it, but not even type in it.
                  You're clicking the quick reply button of the post you want to quick reply to first? If not, then yeah, you can't type in the box until you click on a post you are quick replying to.

It's because these forums have a threading option. For instance, if you go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Thread Display Options
                  Then look for the drop down box that says 'Thread Display Mode' (it defaults to linear). You can change it to, say, hybrid, scroll down and save your changes, then go back to a single thread (like this one) and you'll see a scrolling box that is showing who has replied to which -specific- posts within the thread. Note: That option to change display mode is also in the top right menu of every single thread page.
                  Last edited by Diedra; 08-09-2006, 05:27 PM. Reason: Forgot the alternative way.
                  Get Firefox -- My Blog

Comment

Nope - clicking "Post Reply". Then typing in the window provided. If I allow that to sit too long and then come back and hit "Submit Reply", it tells me I have to log in to the forums again.

P.I.T.A.

And man, if anyone thinks we are picky - TEC has people saying they are going to quit because of the forum changes LOL - that seems a bit mental.

Comment

Oh yeah, and the check mark for "Show your Signature" is in a different spot so I keep forgetting to uncheck it!!!

<goes to look for a default of "unchecked" for that>

Comment

See! I did it again!

Comment

*snickers @ Darby*

Shannon, awesome job with the header. I prefer that 1000% over the weird vBulletin logo. Yay!

-- Carrie!

Comment

And man, if anyone thinks we are picky - TEC has people saying they are going to quit because of the forum changes LOL - that seems a bit mental.
                            Dude, the bashing of TEC's playerbase is so not needed. I read the same threads you did and didn't see one serious "I'm quitting" remark, so to take it serious seems...a bit mental.

Comment

At least us TECers actually helped contribute to the new skins
                              “We don't devote enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks.” ~Bill Watterson

Comment

Nope - clicking "Post Reply". Then typing in the window provided. If I allow that to sit too long and then come back and hit "Submit Reply", it tells me I have to log in to the forums again.
                                Nah, I was talking about where you said that you couldn't click in the quick reply box. It's the far button at the bottom right of each post (the one to the right of the button with the quotes on it). So like, if you're halfway down the page, you can click that and jump to the quick reply box automatically instead of scrolling down and going to another page to reply like with the standard reply, that's all. Anyway, point being that you have to click that one first before the quick reply box becomes writeable.
                                Get Firefox -- My Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X