Game Downtime 22Aug06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Downtime 22Aug06

Sometime this afternoon, between 2 and 4 PM Castle Time Castle Marrach will go offline for about an hour while Skotos staff tweaks the server RAID array configuration in an attempt to address lag issues.

We apologize for the inconvenience - an announcement will be made shortly before the downtime begins.

StoryPlotter Geist
    geist@marrach.skotos.net

*sniffs* Just in the middle of my prime time!!!
    What am I to do with my evening now?!?
    *cries misserably*

Hopefully it'll solve the problems.

Courtier of the Winter Court
    Assistant to the Royal Venefice Her Ladyship Hieronyma
    Fellow of Lexiography at the Royal Collegium

My pages - My deviant art
    Per Aspera ad Astra

Comment

Namida says something interesting, that reminds me of a conversation I had with my brother.

Online games in general (not just Skotos games) are addictive like crack. They convince you that they are so fun that if you are unable to play your chosen game for an hour or two that you start to get all confused at what it is you could be doing. It seems most people when found with the inability to play their chosen game spend most of the time just trying to find something to do, and feel extraordinarily bored.

The idea of doing things like homework, or going out for a bike ride very rarely occur to us. We get so locked into the idea that "This is the time that I should be playing Game X" that the ability to actually do anything else other fiddle around doing nothing is near impossible.

Though for me I'm lucky. I'm addicted to more than one drug, so if one of my drugs disappears for a bit, I can always just use one of my other ones. (When I say drugs I mean online games.)

Of course, I still do suffer from the same thing at times when 1 game goes down that I wanted to play at that very moment. Suddenly none of the other games seem all that interesting, and if I do play them it's half hearted where I'm thinking "But I would rather be playing Game X"

I'm not saying it's bad to be addicted to a game. Though a person addicted to cigarettes would likely not tell you it's bad to be addicted to those either...

I'm reminded of Batman who in a recent comic said something along the lines of "People often think I'm obsessed with what I do. I'm not obsessed. I could stop anytime I want to. It's just that I'm not stopping today. And it won't be tomarrow either"
      Xewe Golianor

((ooc: The cake is a lie))

Comment

Originally posted by Geist View Post
        Sometime this afternoon, between 2 and 4 PM Castle Time Castle Marrach will go offline for about an hour while Skotos staff tweaks the server RAID array configuration in an attempt to address lag issues.

We apologize for the inconvenience - an announcement will be made shortly before the downtime begins.
        This will be in about a half-hour from now.

StoryPlotter Geist
        geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Xewe View Post
          Namida says something interesting, that reminds me of a conversation I had with my brother.

Online games in general (not just Skotos games) are addictive like crack. They convince you that they are so fun that if you are unable to play your chosen game for an hour or two that you start to get all confused at what it is you could be doing. It seems most people when found with the inability to play their chosen game spend most of the time just trying to find something to do, and feel extraordinarily bored.

The idea of doing things like homework, or going out for a bike ride very rarely occur to us. We get so locked into the idea that "This is the time that I should be playing Game X" that the ability to actually do anything else other fiddle around doing nothing is near impossible.

Though for me I'm lucky. I'm addicted to more than one drug, so if one of my drugs disappears for a bit, I can always just use one of my other ones. (When I say drugs I mean online games.)

Of course, I still do suffer from the same thing at times when 1 game goes down that I wanted to play at that very moment. Suddenly none of the other games seem all that interesting, and if I do play them it's half hearted where I'm thinking "But I would rather be playing Game X"

I'm not saying it's bad to be addicted to a game. Though a person addicted to cigarettes would likely not tell you it's bad to be addicted to those either...

I'm reminded of Batman who in a recent comic said something along the lines of "People often think I'm obsessed with what I do. I'm not obsessed. I could stop anytime I want to. It's just that I'm not stopping today. And it won't be tomarrow either"

Yes. Housework is a quick way to realize rehab won't work. *trudges off to do some*

Comment

We are down.

StoryPlotter Geist
            geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

CHEERS so far....NO LAG YEY STAFFFFFF!!!!!
              Finna Moon, Courtier to Her Majesty's Court

Comment

*cheers!* This's great! ^_^

Comment

We are up.

StoryPlotter Geist
                  geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Originally posted by Xewe View Post
                    cut...
                    I must admit my comment was mostly a joke. I was more than busy cooking dinner, eating it, watching "Six Feet Under" and seeing my babygirl explore the world of standing up. :P
                    Guess I'm no longer addicted Just in love with my daughter. Never have I felt a love so strong and intense and lasting.

Per Aspera ad Astra

Comment

*huggles the lag free CM*

Comment

Originally posted by Namida View Post
                        Guess I'm no longer addicted Just in love with my daughter. Never have I felt a love so strong and intense and lasting.
                        *sigh* My wifey wants kids. As in... Right now.

I'm terrified. Please help me. Please.
                        This world is made of Love and Peace! Love and Peace! Love and Peace!!!-- Vash the Stampede

CM is the abusive spouse of gaming. It really loves you and it -was- kind of your fault you fell down the stairs twice in a row.-- Wisdom Incarnate.

I want to ask who we should submit our FMM to so that they can be evaluated for hilarity before we post them.-- More Wisdom. Different Incarnate

Comment

Please help you? Like... you need someone to get her pregnant or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Tre View Post
                            *sigh* My wifey wants kids. As in... Right now.

I'm terrified. Please help me. Please.

Well... when a man and a woman love eachother very much... then the stork comes and plants a cabbage patch and you have a baby.

>_>

ASK YOUR MOTHER

Comment

LMAO !!! Oh yeah, it's amazing they fly out at x-mas too!

Per Aspera ad Astra

Comment

Working...
                              X