X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diedra
    replied
    Originally posted by Priam View Post
    "lol-cow" is the closest thing to carebears trying to counter-"flame" ("kill them with kindness?")
    *chuckle* Wee, carebears on attack. Hanlon's razor?

*is finally done reading* This whole internet drama category on the encyclopedia site is entertaining, though I think it would be fun to see it become a formal study later... something wacky like 'The documentation and study of behaviors associated with pejorative expressions in acronymic form as used by the modern-day moron.'

~Nicole

Leave a comment:

• hollydragon
    replied
    Originally posted by Diedra View Post
    Thomas where -do- you find those sites... it's oddly addictive in that staring at a train wreck sort of way. Granted, if I ever ran into someone who actually communicated like that I would laugh myself into an early grave.
    Those are just the mild ones. My eyes are still bleeding from the rest...

Leave a comment:

• Diedra
    replied
    Thomas where -do- you find those sites... it's oddly addictive in that staring at a train wreck sort of way. Granted, if I ever ran into someone who actually communicated like that I would laugh myself into an early grave.

Leave a comment:

• Priam
    replied
    Originally posted by Dariel View Post
    zerg jerk hacking by compulsive carebears
    English, mother*er, do you speak it?!

I think "lol-cow" is the closest thing to carebears trying to counter-"flame" ("kill them with kindness?") jerks... since that's what they end up as.

Leave a comment:

• claudia
    replied
    Am I the only one who presses the little arrow buttons on the map?

Leave a comment:

• Dariel
    replied
    YHBT, married people. YHBT, CM.
    I checked your thing, but I couldn't find an entry for zerg jerk hacking by compulsive carebears. Is there a term for that too?

Leave a comment:

• Adalyn
    replied
    I appreciate Finna's post. I don't see it as crossover at all. I agree with Ennah's post too. And yes, I like strawberries.

Leave a comment:

• Theresa
    replied
    *cough* Did I mention I LOVE strawberries?

Leave a comment:

• Isobel
    replied
    Does anyone have any objections if I shove that encyclopedia dramatica site up Priam's derriere?

Leave a comment:

• Priam
    replied
    YHBT, married people. YHBT, CM.

Leave a comment:

• Dariel
    replied
    How people who can't handle an internets argument get along IRL, I'll never know...
    I was under the impression that the common solution is to get married and only ever deal with stuff no worse than bitchy store clerks anymore.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucus View Post
    I don't see why this is becoming such a big deal.

A player posted OOC information on an OOC board. I highly doubt Finna is going to go to the IC boards and write about what the bridge is coded to do. IC announcements were already made about the dangers of the bridge, Finna's player merely pointed out that, "yes, there is code in place to support what you've already heard IC." It's no different than when a StoryCoder posts about an update in the game code, for example the @toggle scroll ability. No one replied saying, "You should've let us find out ICly that we could tell the courier's not to give us scrolls!"

As for the bluebooking part, I can only repeat myself. People bluebook, it's part of the game. When people just hit 'e' to move through an empty room, they're doing it because there's no reason to emote, not because they're trying to demonstrate running. I don't emote unless there's an audience in the room to see it, otherwise I'd open note pad and type to myself all day long. I don't pay Skotos for that.

Actally, on that note.. shouldnt the bridge only react if we emote things like running,rushing,ect? I mean, hitting e or w is a netral stance. It shouldnt be fast or slow since its emote free. Typeing things like carefully, slowly, ect should indicate slowness.

Leave a comment:

• Lucus
    replied
    I don't see why this is becoming such a big deal.

A player posted OOC information on an OOC board. I highly doubt Finna is going to go to the IC boards and write about what the bridge is coded to do. IC announcements were already made about the dangers of the bridge, Finna's player merely pointed out that, "yes, there is code in place to support what you've already heard IC." It's no different than when a StoryCoder posts about an update in the game code, for example the @toggle scroll ability. No one replied saying, "You should've let us find out ICly that we could tell the courier's not to give us scrolls!"

As for the bluebooking part, I can only repeat myself. People bluebook, it's part of the game. When people just hit 'e' to move through an empty room, they're doing it because there's no reason to emote, not because they're trying to demonstrate running. I don't emote unless there's an audience in the room to see it, otherwise I'd open note pad and type to myself all day long. I don't pay Skotos for that.

Leave a comment:

• Priam
    replied
    Anyone who thinks the CM forums (or the Skotos forums in general - yes, including TEC) are anything but friendly and high-quality really need to take a look around teh internets.

As good a place as any to start your education.

How people who can't handle an internets argument get along IRL, I'll never know...

Leave a comment:

• Ennah
    replied
    Are you kidding? I love strawberries!

Strawberry yogurt, mmmmmm...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information