ATTENTION: Upcoming TWiki Migration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTENTION: Upcoming TWiki Migration

On Wednesday, December 13th, the Castle Marrach TWiki files currently hosted on www.wraith.com will migrate to a new site at wiki.marrach.skotos.net. As such, you should assume that the Marrach Wraith TWiki will be unavailable from around 6 AM Castle Time that Wednesday until 6 PM Castle Time later that day, unless otherwise posted to this forum. (Note that any data changes you make to TWiki/Wrait after 6 AM *may not* be copied to the new server.)

Following the migration all the TWiki files will be available at wiki.marrach.skotos.net. Please watch this thread for further information.

Relatedly, we should take a moment to thank Matt Seidl who has for many many years generously supplied the Marrach community with his time, expertice and server space hosting and administrating the Wraith/TWiki site. I think we can sincerely state that without that site, and Matt's contribution to it, Marrach would be a less rich and deep environment.

Thanks, Matt!

StoryPlotter Geist
    geist@marrach.skotos.net

I want to say thanks to him also, but I'm curious...

Is the migration happening because he won't be Moding it anymore, or is it just moving to a location that says "Twiki is now official and not unofficially official"
    Xewe Golianor

((ooc: The cake is a lie))

Comment

Thank you Matt!!!! HUGS
      Finna Moon, Courtier to Her Majesty's Court

Comment

Originally posted by Xewe View Post
        I want to say thanks to him also, but I'm curious...

Is the migration happening because he won't be Moding it anymore, or is it just moving to a location that says "Twiki is now official and not unofficially official"
        I don't know what you mean by that...

TWiki administration will now fall to Marrach staff, with assistance from Nino, but primarily Marrach staff. This means we'll have a learning curve, and have more that we have had to worry about than before, so be patient with us.

StoryPlotter Geist
        geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

A very appreciative thank-you to Matt Seidl and his patience with all of our (or at least all of my) e-mails, lost passwords, oops, etc. I am sincerely grateful for all of the time, energy, server space, and everything you have helped us with!

Comment

Thank you, Matt. It would not have been the same game without your help.

Nick

Comment

Absolutely huge thanks to Matt for hosting twiki for so long. It's been a big help to the game.

Geist: Will you ask Matt to rewrite/redirect the previous directory so that all the full url links we have scattered automatically point to the new url start or do you want us to go through and manually update the various direct links?

~Nicole
              "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of."- Bacharach
              "Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."- Trevelyan
              "There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."- Herold
              "I don't necessarily agree with everything I say."- McLuhan
              "There was never a great genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
              Get Firefox -- My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Diedra View Post
                Geist: Will you ask Matt to rewrite/redirect the previous directory so that all the full url links we have scattered automatically point to the new url start or do you want us to go through and manually update the various direct links?
                We should be re-directing, so lets just see how it goes.

StoryPlotter Geist
                geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Firstly, I want to thank Matt it was a beautiful site. Thank you for letting us use it.

Second, I have a question. Will our names and passwords still work or are they going to be changed.

*hugs* and again THANK YOU!

Comment

Once the staff have their heads around it, does this mean we'll also be able to use actual templates and skins? (Actually you might want to create a simple one for CM itself that they all share by default)

Comment

Originally posted by Fez View Post
                      Once the staff have their heads around it, does this mean we'll also be able to use actual templates and skins? (Actually you might want to create a simple one for CM itself that they all share by default)
                      Answering those questions would require us getting our head around it. I have no idea what version of TWiki we're going to be running or what its capabilities will be. More soon.

StoryPlotter Geist
                      geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

A reminder that this is *tomorrow*.

We will also be migrating the *@wraith.com mailing lists to a new host and new addresses, so expect some unpredictability there for a day or two as well. (Yes, we will be maintaining the archives.)

Watch this space for more information as it develops.

StoryPlotter Geist
                        geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

IN PROGRESS

DO NOT EDIT TWIKI.

StoryPlotter Geist
                          geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Please note that we are also moving the *@wraith.com mailing lists to new Skotos addresses at marrach-*@marrach.skotos.net, so you may seem some unexpected behavior from the mailing lists. Do not be concerned and give things a little while to settle down.

I'll have more complete news when its available.

StoryPlotter Geist
                            geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Should be done

AFAIK, the migration is now done.

As for why its happening, Skotos came to me and asked about moving things in house to be more official, and ebcause they felt bad that I was still running things a couple of years after I stopped being a Skotos customer. As I'm moving out of state (again) soonish, I figured this was a good time to offload the server to make upgrading it easier. I'm happy to keep helping out with technical things if I'm needed, but I have plenty of faith that the staff will do a fine job once they get up to speed.

Comment

Working...
                              X