Where is Everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Everyone?

Ok, I know the holidays makes everyone busy and scarce ig. But the past few weeks CM has looked like a ghost town. Not even ten people online at the same time. So, where is everyone? Is it time to stop playing CM or what? I don't even see the point of loggin on since there is no one and nothing to do.
    I hope that things pick up soon.

Karen

If I had to guess I would say Ironclaw is at least partially to blame.
    Duke Sol glances over you inconsequentially, "Ah. One of those."

Comment

I think, unfortunately, there's been a mass migration to Ironclaw Online for now to try it out. Give it a week or so, when the novelty wears off a little, and I'm sure everyone will be back.

Or at least, I hope so. o_0

Royal Prosecutor, Office of the Prosecution, Chancery
      Student of the Royal Collegium, School of Law, College of Science
      Patron of the Outer Bailey Library & Inner Bailey Hairstylist
      Knight of Her Majesty's Winter Court

"Hey, Chas is a pentagon of virtue. That's like five times more virtue than a paragon."
      "Wait, wait, wait.. they gave Chas a SWORD? Oh God no..."

Comment

I've seen and heard a few mentions of Ironclaw from some of the players usually most prolific in CM.

What's amusing is...
        ----
        CARE BEAR STARE

Comment

See? Bloody animals.

Comment

I love animals, but...

I wanna play CM.

Comment

Ironclaw? That is all well and good, but everyone is going to abandon CM now for it? Might as well just close the gates for good...so to speak. I love animals to, but I don't want to play one.

wow's expansion is coming out, so I guess I will just go back to that

karen

Comment

Indeed. I, along with what I assume to be many others, enjoy playing more than one of the games that I pay Skotos for. If you do not like that, I feel no pressure to apologize. I intend to play what and where I like.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by rgendron02 View Post
                  Indeed. I, along with what I assume to be many others, enjoy playing more than one of the games that I pay Skotos for. If you do not like that, I feel no pressure to apologize. I intend to play what and where I like.

Best regards.

What ever......

Comment

*cheers Iron Claw and scampers off*

Actually, not that anyone is really missing Key, if its important drop me a PM and I'll log her in when Im available.
                    Lady Avaria asks you in Northern, "Why is that, most conversations seem to diverge into discussions of large slabs of meat when you are around, Key?"
                    > OOC -- Leodegrance says, "I love Keyana. She should be her own adverb.
                    She likes sports, beer, cars, swearing, fighting and sex. She is crude, rude, often hygienically challenged and cheerfully ignorant and aggressive. In short, she is a young woman with the personality of a frat boy. She is the Ladette. (tvtroupes website)

Comment

The only downside to this, is that I introduced a RL friend to CM so she could get used to the parser and try out roleplay outside of WoW, which, until now, was the scope of her experience.

Unfortunately, when she came through (after we spent two hours going over a few parser basics in her room with a newbie alt I made to help her) she came down, loitered in the Outer Bailey where three people curtsied or bowed and then proceeded to ignore her. Entirely. Unfortunately, we were on a vent server chatting, and so others who had expressed an interest in checking Skotos out, decided her experience was indicative of a clique mentality where they'd be lucky to break into a plot or get any interaction outside of themselves.

I told her to examine things, to be obvious about the fact that they didn't know her. They still don't. I then had to talk her into the refectory to at least be around Eloire and get some kind of chatter going. She has not been back since and those others, aren't even inclined to give CM or Skotos a look now. I find that sad.

I, too, play other games at Skotos but I can feel Destini's point. I've tried to be engaging and interactive but most of my rp, especially the last few days, have been limited to scrolls. *sniffles* Is CM going the way of the Dinosaur?
                      Eloire Kysarrian

Comment

Also keep in mind all the people who are away for illness, new jobs, moveing, school, and general quitting.

Comment

Thats true enough, Ironclaw obviously isn't souly to blame. Personally I've seen a fairly steady decline in just about everything for the last couple months.

Brendon

Comment

Originally posted by Eloire View Post
                            Unfortunately, when she came through (after we spent two hours going over a few parser basics in her room with a newbie alt I made to help her) she came down, loitered in the Outer Bailey where three people curtsied or bowed and then proceeded to ignore her. Entirely. Unfortunately, we were on a vent server chatting, and so others who had expressed an interest in checking Skotos out, decided her experience was indicative of a clique mentality where they'd be lucky to break into a plot or get any interaction outside of themselves.
                            Actually, as far as I'm concerned, that's what CM has become. If anyone needs Tsirona, let me know, but I doubt she's been missed, and I won't be on for a few weeks at least anyway, because I'm moving.

Edited to add: And John's right; it's not just Ironclaw. Every year, we see a very strong player base all summer, and a slow decline all the way down to the holidays, then a very slow incline back to the summer peak. It's the ways of real life. Some people have more time to play games of any kind in the summer, and hardly anyone has time during the holidays, and then there's the going back to work or school after the holidays, which takes a lot more time than you'd think...and add on top of that Ironclaw opening for Beta...yep, it happens.

Comment

The decline pattern into the tail end of '06 and into the New Year is basically the same pattern that it follows from year to year. Its exacerbated this time by the opening of IronClaw, which has resulted in an also predictable decline in log-ins.

It has happened every time a new Skotos game has opened its doors at one level or another - Lovecraft Country, Mortalis Victus, Lazarus, and so on. And each and every time Marrach has steadily pulled back up. I've no doubt the same will occur now.

The welcoming newlies issue is continuous, and, frankly, it is something that when push comes to shove is completely and utterly up to the players. If you want the game to grown, you have to be more welcoming and helpful to new players. That's really the bottom line, and yes that means going out of your way and interrupting or putting off what you had planned in order to do it.

As we always do, we have some plans to cushion the barrier of entry into the game, but all that takes time and effort when in fact the easiest, bestest, more effective methodology involves the welcoming smile of an existing character.

StoryPlotter Geist
                              geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Working...
                              X