On the Subject of Villians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the Subject of Villians

ok... I have heard alot of stuff OOC concerning some players who play villians in the game.

My hats off to them for trying to pull it off. I wish them the best of luck and hope that others will remember that in any good story, you have to have villians. And they come in all different sizes and shapes and colors too.

Just to name a few:

Victor
    Retribution
    Morte
    Aquila
    Kemuel

Now.. the sad thing I have heard is that some players have gotten some flaming emails from other players, some of which have been anonymous. I would kindly ask that if you have thought about flaming someone for playing a villain, to stop a moment and think. Playing a villian is actually quite hard to do.

My hats off to these players who have taken the time to create their devious characters. I do think that when I come back, I just might have to create an alt and try my hand at being a bad little character.

Just a kind reminder folks... this is a game, and in every book I have read, there is always a villian of some sort, be it human created, human based or imaginiative. Please .... lets cut out the OOC flames and emails, and give these players a nice round of applause for playing on CHARACTER FEARS.

*loud and resounding applause from this computer terminal located on the east coast of USA.*

Until the next time I can RP with each of you... good luck to your dark ways, and let the intrigues fly!!!

Lady Silverwolf
    This Section is entirely OOC:
    If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun. ~ Katherine Hepburn
    "Wise sayings often fall on barren ground; but a kind word is never thrown away." ~ Sir Arthur Helps.
    "Boredom is the fear of self." ~ Comtesse Diane
    Angron - Well, if pouches were a little bigger, Faer would have a mobile home "

Aww...

I guess Sinistrelle doesn't get on enough to count anymore.

Oh well.
    StoryPlotter Sin

Comment

A resounding 'I could not agree more!' from here!!

It is the villians who give a hint of the darker side in all of us and make this place more interesting.

Patrice

Comment

I am sorry... I did only mention a few here... and I can not believe I would forget Sinistrelle so quickly...

*sheepish smile*...

I humbly ask your forgiveness...
        This Section is entirely OOC:
        If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun. ~ Katherine Hepburn
        "Wise sayings often fall on barren ground; but a kind word is never thrown away." ~ Sir Arthur Helps.
        "Boredom is the fear of self." ~ Comtesse Diane
        Angron - Well, if pouches were a little bigger, Faer would have a mobile home "

Comment

I couldn't agree more. Without villains, there's no fun.

big round of applause to all you 'baddies' out there

Comment

There are a lot of good bad guys in the game and I, for one, would hate to see them go. However, I know that some people become emotionally invested in working against the BadGuy(tm)... until they begin to blur the OOC/IC and begin to believe that the Player is a bad guy, too.

This is not true. I know several of the players behind the bad guys. Actually, in a GM sense, I often brainstorm with them, thinking on how else to make life as interesting as possible for as many players as possible. To tell you the truth, we are out to mess with everyone. Not just one or two players.

And you guys don't think I'm an evil person, do you? Hmmm? [Hrm. Don't answer that.]

So, a polite request here... if you find yourself becoming overly upset about a badguy character, take a few steps back as a player and regain your perspective. This is a game. Those players who are being the EvilNastyBadGuysThatWeLoveToHate(tm) characters often are having a very, very hard time maintaining their role in the face of the harsh onslaught. Being evil IC is hard work, folks. Remember that.

Also, a word of caution. As soon as you take your IC ire into OOC, and OOCly begin to harass the bad guy's player... it becomes a TOS violation. That means CE has to get involved and deal with the offender in a real world manner. So, not only is OOCly flaming a bad guy's player rude, inconsiderate and just plain wrong; it is also strickly against the rules.

Play nice guys. We are all here to have a good time and help make Marrach a success.

Thanks,
            Jennifer
            Elea Clearlight
            Apprentice to Lady Serista
            Sorcery Classes

Comment

Aquila's a villain? I'm in serious trouble....

Comment

And there are all sorts of people in between too! I use the D&D alignment scale
                your respect for law: chaotic, nutral, lawful
                for your fellow man: good, nutral, evil
                I decicided on chaotic good. that way I can be a healer of the kindest intent twards people but still harbor destructive intents. and the statement I made last night:
                'the watch causes more problems than is prevents' is a perfectly legidimant point of veiw. a lawful evil might never cross the watch but as chaotic I say 'right is right, I dont care what the watch says'
                so dont think that the list stops at the gray area.
                (teasigly) what were you thinking forgeting sinistrele? he should be the menace of the castle.

Keep in touch, PM me with yahoo messneger. My ID is Fizgot. (and tell me who you are in CM so that I can know who Im talking to)

Comment

Thank you Faer, Skitten, for your kind words.

Yes, we few, we diaboliocal few villains who work so hard to add spice, and subterfuge to this game are rarely recognized for what we bring.

We bring tension, and pressure.. we bring a source of plot that is not, for the most part, dependant upon the CE or SH. Just to state this : I have not received ANY help from the CE/SH. Everything Morte and his band have done, has been purely player driven.

I have received flack for my role. I have been told some pretty awful things. However, I have good friends who support me in my role, and help me to see than those things come from one or two isolated sources, and that what We, as Villians, bring to the game, is needed.

Well, enough rambling, I have minions to go beat.

Morte.
                  "Hey! Twulf? Wheres the dancing girls I ordered?"

Comment

Hehe, the only CE support I have ever received is the fact that they have left me alone to my own devices without telling me I can't do things...
                    StoryPlotter Sin

Comment

No, im not ic destructive, im ooc manical!
                      I am buisy writeing the story 'how to destroy the universe in 5 steps or less' for the school anime club. so with chaos I can be ic as manical as I want.
                      *kyle grins evilly*
                      I dont want to hurt anyone after all. as far as my char goes, he just thinks that morality comes before law, and with some of the things happening lately I have some good examples to use.
                      And Morte! *big hug* I knew you werent an ooc evil (even if you may have a danceing girl streak)
                      so thats enough out of me...
                      some other people post what there alignments are ok?
                      *Kyle says 'DEATH TO THE INFADEL!' frowns 'oh, wait. that would be me.' and flees the the room*

Keep in touch, PM me with yahoo messneger. My ID is Fizgot. (and tell me who you are in CM so that I can know who Im talking to)

Comment

Well umm, What can I say... I feel special

Playing a villian in a game can be disconcerning. For instance, have you ever tried to play a villian in Balder's Gate.... it doesn't work to well, or in AC, EQ or UO, again, you will get yourself killed all to quickly. Being a Villian, is difficult. I am sure many of us have seen the attempt at it, but after lots of shouting, cursing, and throwing wild punches (while not responding to getting hit themselves), it tends to get annoying.

Sure Villians can be fun, but let us not take the fun away from the normal people. We have several villians aready in this castle, and well, we need more nice people to support us villians

I think I'm going on a tanget at this point, so I best stop. Thanks again

Retribution

Comment

As a big fan fan of the ever popular 'me too' post, I'd like to say I love what you villians do for the game. Heck you give people like Rand a good name Keep up the good work and don't let ooc flack get you down

Rand
                          Rand an Dathuil

Comment

Oooh. Villains are that make the game interesting. Keep it up you guys!

*shudders in fear* "No--Twulf...go away...I don't want to be a dancing girl!"

~Kristine
                            kristine@iskl.edu.my
                            http://www.iskl.edu.my/~kristine/
                            MSN: kristinejct@hotmail.com

Comment

Kemuel is a villain? Have I been gone THAT long? I thought he was the resident religious fanatic. I guess he has been turned to the dark side.

Comment

Working...
                              X