Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Nazis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Man, talking about forum nazis, saying "Edited by Forum Moderator. TOS Violation" twice in a post is worth 2 points - the same as I've gotten for plain insulting other players. "Inappropriate Language."

    Now that makes me want to not have anything to do with these forums.
    Last edited by SG Dathan; 11-14-2007, 08:18 AM.
    Priam: You know what's a bad idea?
    Kyramor: Not usually

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Priam View Post
      Man, talking about forum nazis, saying "Edited by Forum Moderator. TOS Violation" twice in a post is worth 2 points - the same as I've gotten for plain insulting other players. "Inappropriate Language."

      Now that makes me want to not have anything to do with these forums.

      Keep mind it is becouse everyone can see/understand a swear. A lot of insults just slide by entierly since staff may not see them as insults. But they made it clear swearing is seen as more of a no no by them. (No matter how silly the weight may seem)
      Last edited by SG Dathan; 11-14-2007, 08:18 AM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Man, that gets downright psychedelic. Is it okay to say "One of my 5 forum accounts is disabled from posting until Dec 23rd because I posted the f-word again" ?

        I still want to know where we have the Big List of Words You Can Not Use. And nobody tell me it's common sense, because that's Edited by Forum Moderator. TOS Violation.

        Is that word on the list? Is Edited by Forum Moderator. TOS Violation? Is crap? Is damn? Is dang? Is hell? Is heck?

        I. Want. A. List.
        > You sneer briefly, "Personality. Oh, yes, you are all as unique as snowflakes, and exactly as interesting. You fall and you melt. No one cares or notices when you are gone."

        Queen Vivienne smiles supportively at you, "It appears you stun Our household into silence."

        Nallia sees your face horrifiedly.

        Vestio's Player: "You go, Skeletor! :P"

        Comment


        • #34
          Well, now I know two words that aren't allowed, but I can't tell any of you! Isn't that COOL? We can all see five that are, though, so make the most of them.
          > You sneer briefly, "Personality. Oh, yes, you are all as unique as snowflakes, and exactly as interesting. You fall and you melt. No one cares or notices when you are gone."

          Queen Vivienne smiles supportively at you, "It appears you stun Our household into silence."

          Nallia sees your face horrifiedly.

          Vestio's Player: "You go, Skeletor! :P"

          Comment


          • #35
            Do people really have nothing better to do than blab their mouths on this dumb thread? In case you didn't realize, this is not a democracy, it's a dictatorship(no reference to Nazis intended). By signing up for the forums/game, you give staff the right to do whatever the hell they want. You as players DO NOT own this game or these forums, you participate in them. It's just like if you go into a water park and wave your ding dong around, they can kick you out or the cops can drag you out. Same goes for yelling the f-word in a crowded restaurant. Get over it, or leave.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Uwaine View Post
              Man, that gets downright psychedelic. Is it okay to say "One of my 5 forum accounts is disabled from posting until Dec 23rd because I posted the f-word again" ?

              I still want to know where we have the Big List of Words You Can Not Use. And nobody tell me it's common sense, because that's Edited by Forum Moderator. TOS Violation.

              Is that word on the list? Is Edited by Forum Moderator. TOS Violation? Is crap? Is damn? Is dang? Is hell? Is heck?

              I. Want. A. List.

              This is probably the most hilarious post I've ever seen on the Skotos forums. Really.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Uwaine View Post
                Man, that gets downright psychedelic. Is it okay to say "One of my 5 forum accounts is disabled from posting until Dec 23rd because I posted the f-word again" ?

                I still want to know where we have the Big List of Words You Can Not Use. And nobody tell me it's common sense, because that's Edited by Forum Moderator. TOS Violation.

                Is that word on the list? Is Edited by Forum Moderator. TOS Violation? Is crap? Is damn? Is dang? Is hell? Is heck?

                I. Want. A. List.
                So how many points was that to get you disabled?

                Comment


                • #38
                  I went from 3 to 5, so the limit is either 4 or 5.
                  > You sneer briefly, "Personality. Oh, yes, you are all as unique as snowflakes, and exactly as interesting. You fall and you melt. No one cares or notices when you are gone."

                  Queen Vivienne smiles supportively at you, "It appears you stun Our household into silence."

                  Nallia sees your face horrifiedly.

                  Vestio's Player: "You go, Skeletor! :P"

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Banning forum names seems pointless, when you can always just make five more.
                    Vote GR
                    Vote GR
                    Originally posted by A Dwarf Engineer
                    Crossbows were good and fine, but nowadays, a gun is better - and if a gun is good, then an automated self-aiming gyro-mounted gun turret with a cyclic grenade feeder and napalm cannister is even better yet!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      How about we censor five feet tall signatures?


                      [OOC Page] from StoryPlotter Pohewa: "I'm kinda trying to think here - it's difficult."

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by neitz View Post
                        Though consideration and an open ear to someone who does find something offensive , even if you dont agree or cant percieve things in the same light as them , may well be educational for both parties.

                        I just want to reiterate this point.
                        Natasha Danaher
                        Courtier in Her Majesty's Court
                        Squire to Dame Galatea
                        Cosmetic Consultant
                        Apprentice in the Healers
                        Apprentice in the Clothiers

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I do not generally reply to post like this as it is just senseless to. Meaning I know after I post this I will be torn apart for my opinion. But never the less this needs to be said.

                          So far all I have seen is STAFF doing this and STAFF doing that to players. HELLO, in case anyone has forgotten STAFF are players too and paying customers as much as any of you on here!!! What they do they do not get PAID to do! The up hold the rules some which are THE LAW and some which are designed to protect everyone...not just to make your life miserable. Part of being part of a community is having regard to others feelings. You just because you think it is alright to come on and insult someone does not make it right. Even if you are right about what you post does not mean that how you said it or how you made it know was right. So stop and think before you post. There are rules here. Rules you agreed too upon joining Skotos. If you feel those rules are wrong...hay no one is stopping you go post somewhere else then and let it out. But spare the rest of us.

                          Insulting staff is not going to make it any better either. I am sorry but STAFF works DAMN hard to make the game more enjoyable. Sometimes it is hard to make everyone happy. Not everyone is going to be overjoyed by ever aspect of the game. But then that is their opinion. An opinion that can be stated here in a grown-up manner without cuss words and insults. Or if you are that mad then step back..calm down ...think and then write. Or file an assist. Plain and simple. But there has to be few out there that have to turn a game into a political affair!!! GET OVER IT!! And then move on.
                          Finna Moon, Courtier to Her Majesty's Court




                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Shadust View Post
                            How about we censor five feet tall signatures?
                            I just want to reiterate this point.
                            > You sneer briefly, "Personality. Oh, yes, you are all as unique as snowflakes, and exactly as interesting. You fall and you melt. No one cares or notices when you are gone."

                            Queen Vivienne smiles supportively at you, "It appears you stun Our household into silence."

                            Nallia sees your face horrifiedly.

                            Vestio's Player: "You go, Skeletor! :P"

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Finna View Post
                              I do not generally reply to post like this as it is just senseless to. Meaning I know after I post this I will be torn apart for my opinion. But never the less this needs to be said.

                              So far all I have seen is STAFF doing this and STAFF doing that to players. HELLO, in case anyone has forgotten STAFF are players too and paying customers as much as any of you on here!!! What they do they do not get PAID to do! The up hold the rules some which are THE LAW and some which are designed to protect everyone...not just to make your life miserable. Part of being part of a community is having regard to others feelings. You just because you think it is alright to come on and insult someone does not make it right. Even if you are right about what you post does not mean that how you said it or how you made it know was right. So stop and think before you post. There are rules here. Rules you agreed too upon joining Skotos. If you feel those rules are wrong...hay no one is stopping you go post somewhere else then and let it out. But spare the rest of us.

                              Insulting staff is not going to make it any better either. I am sorry but STAFF works DAMN hard to make the game more enjoyable. Sometimes it is hard to make everyone happy. Not everyone is going to be overjoyed by ever aspect of the game. But then that is their opinion. An opinion that can be stated here in a grown-up manner without cuss words and insults. Or if you are that mad then step back..calm down ...think and then write. Or file an assist. Plain and simple. But there has to be few out there that have to turn a game into a political affair!!! GET OVER IT!! And then move on.
                              You know who else did a lot of good things for the place he administered, despite doing some terrible things?

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                The fact that staff are also paying players puts them in a far more attractive position to abuse that power. A few have done so, and there is little motivation for them not too. The fact that they are still playing, and at the same time have staff powers to spy on other characters and "know" things that the rest of us don't is dangerous. Dangerous for them, because accusations and gossip can be very damaging to their credibilty for the other players, and dangerous for us, because we all know at least one who has abused those powers for the gain of their own character(s) and their friends.

                                I stand by the fact that Staff should be held to a higher standard then the rest of the players. That is what they signed up for. There wasn't a draft. This is a voluntary position.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X