Announcement

Collapse
1 of 5 < >

Forums Reversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

So, the forums are back, but we had a six-day reversion.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
2 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

The cloud server that hosts the main Skotos web site and the forums experienced a hardware failure on Saturday morning that unfortunately led to severe database corruption. Several attempts to restore it failed.

This led us to our backups, but the timing was a bit unfortunate. Since the failure occurred on a weekend morning, we didn't see it until after a new backup occurred, which contained the corrupted data, and which removed our previous daily backup. This forced us to our weekly backup, which was unfortunately at the end of its time: six days old.

This should not have affects on the rest of the site, since the majority of our data is saved in our main-user-database or our games, all on remote machines.
3 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

4 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

5 of 5 < >

Forums REversion

See more
See less

Getting Game Going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Game Going

This is inspired by some considerations in the OOC thread. I happen to think that these major OOC discussions, though a problem, are more a symptom than a disease.

I think we have a passitivity problem. Passivity breeds inactivity. And inactivity breeds OOC, as people simply chose other avenues of entertainment if they even stay in the game.

My suggestions are, for the staff:

1) Start a major housecleaning of the Great Chain of Being. Off the top of my head, I would say that some 40 % of all higher posts on the Great Chain are filled by inactive players. This is disastrous for RP for many reasons:

a) Being entrusted with a high position on the Great Chain of Being means that you have been entrusted with a responsibility for the game. If the veterans entrusted with responsibility for the game don't live up to what people can reasonably expect of them, there certainly is no reason why newer players feel that any initiative and activity is expected from them.

b) High-rankers should be the movers and shakers. When they aren't there to move and shake, the game doesn't move and shake.

c) Their presence on the chain is blocking. Let's say that Temor wants to become the Royal Duckherder, a most exalted position, connected with both power and prestige. If the Royal Duckherder is active, he can hope to get the job either by serving the Royal Duckherder loyally, and thus creating/helping with plots, or by being the Royal Duckherder's rival, thus also participating in the game. But if the Royal Duckherder is inactive, and this is tolerated, it is hard to -do- anything to get his job. At most, you can petition his superior to have him removed....which isn't all that interesting, and besides the superior has already shown by his actions that he is not particularly interested in getting a Royal Duckherder with initiative. (Because if he was, he would have sacked the current one, and announced a desire for a new one).

The above housecleaning would create competition to fill these positions and hence RP and conflict. I suggest that the housecleaning is done one handful at a time, so as not to create a non-competitive situation by increasing the supply too much.

2) Create some conflict that is not just rebels vs. loyalists. Some conflicts which are about less than the control of the Castle and which will divide people. I will give an example of how this is done well: A recent attempt by an outside party to take over the Chroniclers. This makes everyone who is dependent on the Chroniclers scramble to fight. Those dependent on the outside party must also scramble, but do so with less eagerness, as they don't benefit to the same degree as those depending on the Chroniclers stand to lose. Third parties get a chance to take a stand on this issue and thus earning or losing favor with the factions involved.

While the above should really be the players' responsibility, it's an empirical fact that this is not happening. Hence, I would like to see the SGs be behind a bit more plots like that. Maybe to get things started a bit. It should be noted that the above plot did have an SG involved.

Especially, I suggest conflicts where those of low rank can participate and profit from being on the winning side. And where fence-sitting can be more risky than taking sides.

For the players, I suggest the following:

1) Ask yourself this: What has my characters done recently to create fun and RP for other players? If you can't give recent examples of you having done both, you are not playing this game as you are supposed to. You are playing this game with other people, and you - not your character, but you - have a responsibility to help other players enjoy themselves. This is interactive storytelling - give the others a chance.

2) Familiarize yourself with the concept of blocking. TonyD has written some very fine comments on the concept, and I think many would do well in taking them to heart. I certainly benefited from them. Check this post, which contains pretty much the gist of it: http://forum.skotos.net/showpost.php...&postcount=103

Tt is the responsibility of everyone not to block. When high-rankers do it, it may ruin plots, but when low-rankers do it, it may scare new players away from the game, as low-rankers are often the first people new players see. Of course, you may genuinely not be interested in RP'ing in a particular plot, and your character may be politely declining getting involved. But it IS a problem when you enter the Dining Hall and see that people are really just standing there, doing what amounts to nothing.

For me, it isn't an easy thing to do, so I don't blame you if you feel the same, but people should be willing to tell other players that they are blocking.

Also, it extremely important that you do not assume yourself to be innocent in this. I have certainly made my own share of blunders.

3) Cut the major OOC conversations, unless they pertain to the game. Consider this example from Mouret's player: http://forum.skotos.net/showpost.php...4&postcount=46

The example Mouret's player give is not an overstatement. Such behavior does take place and it is destructive to the game. In my view the best way to deal with this is to file an assist. If an SG pages you and politely asks you not to talk OOC like that, but doesn't give you an outright warning, it usually works and no one gets angry.

4) New players, show initiative. Old players, encourage and reward it when it happens. I've seen people wanting jobs not getting them until Tem entered the equation and got the right people into contact with each other. And people seriously should have done this on their own.

Old players should also encourage it when new players show initiative. I've had Tem take initiative and engaging others in conflict: The answer has more often than not been "buzz off and be gone." This is discouraging to the players. Even worse is when high-rankers do not react. Many is the time I've had Tem send scrolls where I wanted to start some activity or where I wanted him to participate in a plot which some higher-up had started - and never received replies, even after having pressed the issue ICly. Of course such things can be forgotten, but I believe I've seen a broad tendency here. And I consider it blocking.

5) Seek out things to get involved in, especially if your character is of low rank. There are many guilds who would love to hire someone who is dependable and has initiative. The Battlers can use such a person and there you can learn many fighting skills. LOADS of favor can be scored by engaging your character actively in the Courtesy Circle. If you join the Chroniclers and do well, everyone, from Queen and down will end up knowing aboout your character and you will get access to loads of skills and training. Joining the Seamstresses means joining a very strong social network who can get you in lots of places. If you join the Chancery and do well, you get insane amounts of job rank and much opportunity for RPing in conflicts. If you join the Jewelers, you will become popular in the Outer Bailey with all these nice new things around.

Consider all these options - you only have to show a moderate degree of initiative, and you're inside in practically any of those groups.

------

And yes, sorry again for rambling about the problems of the game and not what's going well. I've seen many great things recently and am having fun myself. Tem is getting recognition for his books and that encourages me to write more of them. He has been into political fights, which is one of the things that this game is about. He has had the opportunity to play an unlikely hero in more than one case. As a result, some of his character traits are much more well-defined than they once were.
    BRAAAAIIINS!

Well stated and well written!

I have found oodles to do here. It depends on your desire level to get involved. Initiative and reward go hand in hand in here I have found.
    Ser Kolaran

Museum Docent
    Outer Bailey Librarian
    Courtesy Circle Secretary
    Junior Chronicler

Comment

Originally posted by Temor View Post

4) New players, show initiative. Old players, encourage and reward it when it happens. I've seen people wanting jobs not getting them until Tem entered the equation and got the right people into contact with each other. And people seriously should have done this on their own.
      This might depend on who you interact with. Prett much immediately my character had solidified his path with 2 major older players, Lady Avaria and Sir Howe. They reacted both favorably and swifty to my characters desire for not only employment but role-play.

I would suggest alternatively that new players should ask around which so called "older" players venture to the Outer on a regular basis. Dame Eeva, Sir Howe, Lady Avaria, Sera Jerisa just to name a few. I have found from the start those players are more then willing to engage younger players.
      Ser Kolaran

Museum Docent
      Outer Bailey Librarian
      Courtesy Circle Secretary
      Junior Chronicler

Comment

Let's say that Temor wants to become the Royal Duckherder, a most exalted position, connected with both power and prestige.
        I think Royal Duckherder is not all that it's quacked up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Chorus View Post
          I think Royal Duckherder is not all that it's quacked up to be.
          Hahaha. >_>
          The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.

Mark Twain

SAEDA - Force Protection

Comment

My suggestions are, for the staff:

1) Start a major housecleaning of the Great Chain of Being. Off the top of my head, I would say that some 40 % of all higher posts on the Great Chain are filled by inactive players.
            The new Petition system was created in part to put the power to clear the Great Chain in the hands of the players. Use that power.

StoryPlotter Geist
            geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Keep in mind these two facts:

1) Old player does not mean old character.

2) New character does not mean new player.

Yes, they go hand in hand. What I mean is, a new character may very well be an experienced RolePlayer just trying out a different facet of the game, or 'starting over again'.

So, perhaps it's better to phrase it as "players of old characters", and not just the widely targetted "old players".

Because I've been playing for about five-ish years, and both of my characters that I play regularly are about a year old (or less!), and that comes with its own limitations to plot-creation, since I have to shake things up from the bottom, instaed of shaking the top and letting it fall down to those new players (and characters).
              Originally posted by Geist
              EDITED BY FORUM MODERATOR:
              Post deleted for limp, ineffectual, quasi-authoritarian "threat". Do better next time dork.

Comment

I touched on it in Lucus' thread, however the jist of my current thoughts are probably more suited to here.

Firstly, I completely disagree with the fact, that high ranking people are to be the shakers. There is past proof this is a lie (Hallo Pete!) and completely stereotypical, however I DO see where you are coming from, so let's touch on that a little.

As I said in the other thread we have a disease called "we are all equal." It is this disease that is apart of killing the game and entertainment. If someone is below contempt, a criminal serving time in plains and restraints and Sally decides to look down upon this person and sneer in discust, hey she can, the person is technically 'nothing.' Yet if someone does this? Behold! A band of merry men stand forth and to the condemned defense because 'they are a person too! They have as much right as you and me!' Sorry mate, they don't. And if you're going to stand up for a criminal, then expect to be frowned upon too. If Miss Condemned is finally released from her bounds and is trying to start anew and she is STILL not recieving respect? Doesn't mean you can continue to wave your rainbow flag, because this person recently/previously insulted (yah, it's pretty much insult regardless.) The Queen. Sure, perhaps this can be some interesting RP, but anyone who tries to create any contraversy recieves tears at them or people aren't interested because it's "ruining their happy bubble."

You talk of IB'ers... In reality? Seeing one of these folk is supposed to be a rarity, seeing one of these folk you are to show respect for, not wave at Mr Courtier as though you are their equal at 11th link, because you are NOT their equal. Nastily put? They are "better than you." According to the aristocratic society. I've seen in countless times and it's really quite sad. What do we live in? A 1960's community festival? Nu-uh.

If you want interesting things to happen, take your risks, search for it and climb that ladder if it is what you desire. If it's not and you'd rather stay a commoner? Then do stuff that will keep you there, though for it to be recognized you need to accept the otherside of it too. You WILL have people turn their noses up at you, you WILL have people refuse to have anything to do with you because you are of a lower station, play it out instead of oocly deciding to run away, ignore it or alike. Something as small as this can create alot of RP. Hell, if you're offended? Act offended. Don't cry about it because technically? "They are better than you."

Storytellers need to let go of their "clique" groups and step out of the square they live in, otherwise you're going to have no fun and you will drive people away. One of the biggest disappointments to reach my ears is the fact newer characters (not meaning players all the time) are having a difficult time "slipping" in because noone is interested due to the fact they have their little hangout group.

Now not everyone is a storyteller, and that's okay. You don't have to be a storyteller, you can actively involve yourself, push yourself in, poke your nose, ask questions and don't "wait" for something to happen. Though naturally you go hand in hand with the storyteller, for if they are too clique to include you, you're going to have to become a storyteller, or give it a shot. Even if it's not perfect. Atleast try. And as a small community people need to show some kind of 'acknowledgment' regardless if it's your style or not. Doesn't mean you have to get involved, just give of some kinda hint that you've heard about it (assuming you have).

"Crafty" is my word of the month. I love that word. Why? Because you don't have to be a hero to be crafty. If you're not a hero? You're worse than a carebear, I've seen very little inbetween or above in game. Stab stab, die, die, stab. Or 'omg *tears in my own mind and not openly* Mr Courtier told me I smell." It grows old, and it grows lame. Hell even if you make up something entirely untrue and whisper it to miss new characters ear, or anyones ear, it is opening gateways. Not everything needs to be truth.

You don't have to eye older characters or staff all 'am bored, entertain me...' You can atleast try start up a secret society, try get support for a petition, try... Anything. It's a fantasy game, it's RP. For a fantasy world to develop it takes imagination. and we all have it. If you disagree on the fact that x is better than you, then don't whisper to your buddy, or complain to your friends only, take it out in the open and enjoy the dance. You can't expect things to happen, you need to find it and make it happen, and you NEED to 'interact with the unknown.'

In all though, as harsh as it sounds... People seriously nead to let go of their blankie and grow some balls. Clique circles, general dorothy and yellow road dancing need to minimize. For everyone being a carebear kills a game, and everyone who takes "in game actions and contraversy" as something (:O OMG NO WAI) that is totally going to ruin my rainbow are also killers. Go talk to someone you've never spoken to. I DARE you to try it.

As for the Great Chain? Being a backup dancer wont get you anywhere near it. Who wants a mindless dimwit in charge of them? Until people start "living" I'm sorry, but you will never see yourself in one of those positions.

(For the record, "you" isn't directed at Temor. It's generalized.)

Comment

1) Start a major housecleaning of the Great Chain of Being. Off the top of my head, I would say that some 40 % of all higher posts on the Great Chain are filled by inactive players. This is disastrous for RP for many reasons:

a) Being entrusted with a high position on the Great Chain of Being means that you have been entrusted with a responsibility for the game. If the veterans entrusted with responsibility for the game don't live up to what people can reasonably expect of them, there certainly is no reason why newer players feel that any initiative and activity is expected from them.

b) High-rankers should be the movers and shakers. When they aren't there to move and shake, the game doesn't move and shake.

c) Their presence on the chain is blocking. Let's say that Temor wants to become the Royal Duckherder, a most exalted position, connected with both power and prestige. If the Royal Duckherder is active, he can hope to get the job either by serving the Royal Duckherder loyally, and thus creating/helping with plots, or by being the Royal Duckherder's rival, thus also participating in the game. But if the Royal Duckherder is inactive, and this is tolerated, it is hard to -do- anything to get his job. At most, you can petition his superior to have him removed....which isn't all that interesting, and besides the superior has already shown by his actions that he is not particularly interested in getting a Royal Duckherder with initiative. (Because if he was, he would have sacked the current one, and announced a desire for a new one).

The above housecleaning would create competition to fill these positions and hence RP and conflict. I suggest that the housecleaning is done one handful at a time, so as not to create a non-competitive situation by increasing the supply too much.

I agree that the chain needs some over-haul. It has for a long time. However, it seems that letting people who are inactive or are barely around maintain their positions due to some *Favor* be it IC or OOC has been a problem for a long time.

Trying to over throw someone on the Chain works, with hard work and knowing the right people to champion your cause. It is however discouraging when the person you over throw suddenly comes back, even for a short time, and is given that position back only to disappear again.

All that hard work and time spent to get to the position gone,. would not be so bad if they stayed IG and maintained their position but when they disappear again after they have assured their spot is once again secure is not at all fair IMHO.

That really needs to change.

Karen

Comment

About the Chain ~

I understand everybody wants those chars in high positions to actually be -around-. Otherwise things stagnate and kids don't know who to go to (i.e. whose butt to kiss, etc).

However, sometimes real life actually -does- happen. As much as this may be a bummer for those CMers that are hard core, it happens. I don't think it's always fair that due to complications IRL somebody should lose out on stuff they've worked to attain for possible -years-. I'm not saying the Chain should be left with slots of empty characters, but some consideration should be applied when just wiping the board clean. Not all of us can be around all day, everyday.

Just my two pennies.
                    In Service,
                    Caelynd MacKenzie
                    Courtesy Circle
                    Outer Bailey Library

Comment

Originally posted by Dalla View Post
                      I touched on it in Lucus' thread, however the jist of my current thoughts are probably more suited to here.

Firstly, I completely disagree with the fact, that high ranking people are to be the shakers. There is past proof this is a lie (Hallo Pete!) and completely stereotypical, however I DO see where you are coming from, so let's touch on that a little.

As I said in the other thread we have a disease called "we are all equal." It is this disease that is apart of killing the game and entertainment. If someone is below contempt, a criminal serving time in plains and restraints and Sally decides to look down upon this person and sneer in discust, hey she can, the person is technically 'nothing.' Yet if someone does this? Behold! A band of merry men stand forth and to the condemned defense because 'they are a person too! They have as much right as you and me!' Sorry mate, they don't. And if you're going to stand up for a criminal, then expect to be frowned upon too. If Miss Condemned is finally released from her bounds and is trying to start anew and she is STILL not recieving respect? Doesn't mean you can continue to wave your rainbow flag, because this person recently/previously insulted (yah, it's pretty much insult regardless.) The Queen. Sure, perhaps this can be some interesting RP, but anyone who tries to create any contraversy recieves tears at them or people aren't interested because it's "ruining their happy bubble."

You talk of IB'ers... In reality? Seeing one of these folk is supposed to be a rarity, seeing one of these folk you are to show respect for, not wave at Mr Courtier as though you are their equal at 11th link, because you are NOT their equal. Nastily put? They are "better than you." According to the aristocratic society. I've seen in countless times and it's really quite sad. What do we live in? A 1960's community festival? Nu-uh.

If you want interesting things to happen, take your risks, search for it and climb that ladder if it is what you desire. If it's not and you'd rather stay a commoner? Then do stuff that will keep you there, though for it to be recognized you need to accept the otherside of it too. You WILL have people turn their noses up at you, you WILL have people refuse to have anything to do with you because you are of a lower station, play it out instead of oocly deciding to run away, ignore it or alike. Something as small as this can create alot of RP. Hell, if you're offended? Act offended. Don't cry about it because technically? "They are better than you."

Storytellers need to let go of their "clique" groups and step out of the square they live in, otherwise you're going to have no fun and you will drive people away. One of the biggest disappointments to reach my ears is the fact newer characters (not meaning players all the time) are having a difficult time "slipping" in because noone is interested due to the fact they have their little hangout group.

Now not everyone is a storyteller, and that's okay. You don't have to be a storyteller, you can actively involve yourself, push yourself in, poke your nose, ask questions and don't "wait" for something to happen. Though naturally you go hand in hand with the storyteller, for if they are too clique to include you, you're going to have to become a storyteller, or give it a shot. Even if it's not perfect. Atleast try. And as a small community people need to show some kind of 'acknowledgment' regardless if it's your style or not. Doesn't mean you have to get involved, just give of some kinda hint that you've heard about it (assuming you have).

"Crafty" is my word of the month. I love that word. Why? Because you don't have to be a hero to be crafty. If you're not a hero? You're worse than a carebear, I've seen very little inbetween or above in game. Stab stab, die, die, stab. Or 'omg *tears in my own mind and not openly* Mr Courtier told me I smell." It grows old, and it grows lame. Hell even if you make up something entirely untrue and whisper it to miss new characters ear, or anyones ear, it is opening gateways. Not everything needs to be truth.

You don't have to eye older characters or staff all 'am bored, entertain me...' You can atleast try start up a secret society, try get support for a petition, try... Anything. It's a fantasy game, it's RP. For a fantasy world to develop it takes imagination. and we all have it. If you disagree on the fact that x is better than you, then don't whisper to your buddy, or complain to your friends only, take it out in the open and enjoy the dance. You can't expect things to happen, you need to find it and make it happen, and you NEED to 'interact with the unknown.'

In all though, as harsh as it sounds... People seriously nead to let go of their blankie and grow some balls. Clique circles, general dorothy and yellow road dancing need to minimize. For everyone being a carebear kills a game, and everyone who takes "in game actions and contraversy" as something (:O OMG NO WAI) that is totally going to ruin my rainbow are also killers. Go talk to someone you've never spoken to. I DARE you to try it.

As for the Great Chain? Being a backup dancer wont get you anywhere near it. Who wants a mindless dimwit in charge of them? Until people start "living" I'm sorry, but you will never see yourself in one of those positions.

(For the record, "you" isn't directed at Temor. It's generalized.)

I have debated the inequality point before, and I will not write the full argument. I will, however, say that the problem is much more deep than just newlies not knowing how to play at the bottom of a hierarchial society and getting angry when their characters are humiliated/hampered/etc.

We should also consider the fact that it is extremely difficult to live yourself into a role where your authority hinges on a title alone, and where you have no need to justify your actions to those below you. Thus, many high-ranking people act in a way which is contrary to the status they theoretically enjoy. It takes really, really good RP to act as someone who'se high rank truly puts him above others - so far above that those below him really can't injure his honor. If I am to point at someone who plays that role well, I will point at Sir Howe's player.

More importantly, I will insist on the point that the high-ranking characters are to be the movers and shakers. If this is not true in a hierarchial society, the society's hierarchy isn't working. Suppose that two people get into a conflict:

If it's two commoners, it is relevant at most to a few people, those who know them directly. If Allan hears that Bob and Cecil have been in a loudmouthed argument, why should he care?

If two Knights have a vicious public conflict, we are talking about at least a moderate scandal. People will discuss the improper behavior of the knights in private and gossip like they were chroniclers. Those who are dependent on the knights for favor may find themselves drawn into the conflict. ("WHAT?! Are you courting Sir Abylas' Squire - that false knight!" Or maybe the initiative comes from below: "perhaps you would like to hear, Sir Harold, of how I duelled Sir Abylas' Squire and won, while Sir Abylas stood there and watched, gnashing his teeth?")

If it is two nobles, suddenly we will see households lined up against each other. The jeweler of Lord Lars' household will try to outdo Lady Lina's jeweler. The Masters of Arms will may clash blades. The households may compete about holding socials where the queen will be present.

Look at the last example. How could a commoner create that much conflict on so many levels? Well, he -can- if he is bright, has initiative and ideas. But it will be the exception and not the rule, and if it is so, it is still the high-rankers who are the ones who make things happen, so to speak.

Now look at a person with a high job on the chain. I will point at, for example, the Mistress of Entertainments. This person is listened to, their favor is worth something and they can (as I understand it) award job ranks through the Unity. For such a person, it IS much easier to arrange a good entertainment event than an ordinary commoner who "just" has a good idea. (Let me stress: This is not a complaint, this is how things works everywhere). Thus, the Mistress of Entertainments can make things happen more easily than a commoner.
                      BRAAAAIIINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Cae MacKenzie View Post
                        About the Chain ~

I understand everybody wants those chars in high positions to actually be -around-. Otherwise things stagnate and kids don't know who to go to (i.e. whose butt to kiss, etc).

However, sometimes real life actually -does- happen. As much as this may be a bummer for those CMers that are hard core, it happens. I don't think it's always fair that due to complications IRL somebody should lose out on stuff they've worked to attain for possible -years-. I'm not saying the Chain should be left with slots of empty characters, but some consideration should be applied when just wiping the board clean. Not all of us can be around all day, everyday.

Just my two pennies.
                        Of course this is a valid consideration. If someone is sick IRL for a month or two, I don't want them removed from the chain. But if your character hasn't been seen for four months or half a year, then I'd say that it's fair to start considering removing them from their job rank.

One way of handling this in a considerate manner would be for the SGs to simply ask. Let's say Temor gets that position as Royal Duckherder, which, as I recall, is fourth link. Now Temor becomes a key person in the game. But if he disappears for half a year, maybe it is fair for staff to send an email to me, asking if I plan to return him to the position.

If it isn't fair to send the email, I'd say that it is fair to remove Tem from his job.
                        BRAAAAIIINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Destini477 View Post
                          I agree that the chain needs some over-haul. It has for a long time. However, it seems that letting people who are inactive or are barely around maintain their positions due to some *Favor* be it IC or OOC has been a problem for a long time.

Trying to over throw someone on the Chain works, with hard work and knowing the right people to champion your cause. It is however discouraging when the person you over throw suddenly comes back, even for a short time, and is given that position back only to disappear again.

All that hard work and time spent to get to the position gone,. would not be so bad if they stayed IG and maintained their position but when they disappear again after they have assured their spot is once again secure is not at all fair IMHO.

That really needs to change.

Karen
                          /signed, Karen!
                          BRAAAAIIINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Mouret View Post
                            Keep in mind these two facts:

1) Old player does not mean old character.

2) New character does not mean new player.

Yes, they go hand in hand. What I mean is, a new character may very well be an experienced RolePlayer just trying out a different facet of the game, or 'starting over again'.

So, perhaps it's better to phrase it as "players of old characters", and not just the widely targetted "old players".

Because I've been playing for about five-ish years, and both of my characters that I play regularly are about a year old (or less!), and that comes with its own limitations to plot-creation, since I have to shake things up from the bottom, instaed of shaking the top and letting it fall down to those new players (and characters).
                            True, I should have made the distinction more clear.
                            BRAAAAIIINS!

Comment

Originally posted by Geist View Post
                              The new Petition system was created in part to put the power to clear the Great Chain in the hands of the players. Use that power.
                              This advice is good, and will be taken. I do like the new promotion system, which I consider a great improvement over the old one. See, however, Destini/Karen's remark - there is merit to that too.

Or maybe players just need to really absorb the new promotion system....hmmm...
                              BRAAAAIIINS!

Comment

Working...
                              X