Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally, a goodbye post from me that won't be followed by me returning in 6 months.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, a goodbye post from me that won't be followed by me returning in 6 months.

So this game has pretty much become one player's game - a player that gives a hell of a lot to the game, a lot of time, a lot of effort. I can't really fault that. However, that player and I do not get on, and if you are not friends with that player, then essentially you are screwed. This is not even that player's fault, this is just what happens when one person is in charge of too many facets of gameplay.

I don't want to play one player's game. And due to a not-so-fun game of Chinese whispers today, where a ridiculous amount of assumptions were made and consequently inaccurate accusations thrown out the further down the chain it got, I've realised I don't even want to try to find fun in the game elsewhere. I have unintentionally hurt another very good player that I was trying to help in that process. For that I am truly sorry.

I am also sorry for all the people I let down by leaving. I was really really looking forward to the Herald plot, but I just cannot justify putting myself in this bitchy, backstabby, completely twisted OOC environment anymore. Being left out is a vicious cycle - Elsie as Patron of the Duelists had her last couple of scrolls ignored, so I felt less inclined to bother trying, so I logged in less, so she was ignored more. See how it goes? I would prefer to put my energy and money into a real life endeavour that will be more rewarding and fun for me.

I'd like to believe that the Guides or the Host could fix this, but unfortunately I know otherwise. I know Dathan's response to this will be - how can we help if you don't ask for help? - but the answer in this case is - I asked for help about this in the past, several times, and nothing happened, why would it be any different now? If, however, to resolve the most recent Chinese whispers issue Dathan or Geist need/want to contact me for my side of the events, you are certainly welcome to.

So, whether they believe it or not, I hope that the player I mentioned finds all the fulfilment they seek in the game (as for the most recent issue, I was looking for clarification, not making an accusation, by the time it got to you in the Chinese whisper you were lead to believe otherwise). I also hope they try to give themselves and the people around them a break sometimes. Not everyone is out to ruin your game.

To everyone - if the game gets you down, try to assist, and if that doesn't work, remember you can leave. I've been playing since May 2002, gone through emotional turmoil and drama IC and OOC, but months of feeling apathetic combined with today's ridiculousness has given me the shove I needed. The real world is a good world if you are open minded enough to believe that. You control your happiness. Turns out, this time, my happiness comes from letting go, and hitting 'delete'.

PS. Oh, both Elsie and Hazelline have some neat stuff in their rooms but I don't have the energy to sort through and mail it out to people. An approved plotter can feel free to have a shuffle through (if it's not all purged with the deletes) and give stuff to Master Ali or whoever. I can only delete one character every 24 hours apparently, so technically they'll still be accessible for the next 48.
    I apologise, I don't speak pineapple.
    -- little red dinosaur

Edited by Forum Moderator. Please show common courtesy when posting. Snide and or rude remarks should be left from any posts. Thank you.

To the player that posts as Priam:
    You've been given more than your fair share of chances in this community. Totally uncalled for. Feel free to email me if you would like to discuss this further.

Story Guide Dathan - Castle Marrach Staff
    Priam: You know what's a bad idea?
    Kyramor: Not usually

Comment

Thanks Thomas, for proving my point.

Originally posted by Lyds View Post
      I just cannot justify putting myself in this bitchy, backstabby, completely twisted OOC environment anymore.
      I apologise, I don't speak pineapple.
      -- little red dinosaur

Comment

Well, Lyds, I will say that I have enjoyed chatting with you both ICly and OOCly very much and I am sorry to see the game becoming poorer. The atmosphere in here is very tense these days, I am afraid.
        BRAAAAIIINS!

Comment

I know Dathan's response to this will be - how can we help if you don't ask for help? - but the answer in this case is - I asked for help about this in the past, several times, and nothing happened, why would it be any different now?
          I don't recall what those instances are or what they would've been at present and so I cannot begin to remember what the outcomes were, though apparently they were not favorable for yourself. Sorry to hear that and to see you go.

If, however, to resolve the most recent Chinese whispers issue Dathan or Geist need/want to contact me for my side of the events, you are certainly welcome to.
          Thank you for being willing to help, we'll do that.
          While I may not always agree with you, I will always listen to you. I will always give my best effort to be fair with the individuals involved, no matter what my prior associations with them may have been. I enjoy this duty, and while everyone is not always pleased with the outcome, we must remember that there are two sides to every issue and in as much, fair may not always seem fair to everyone involved. Nevertheless, I will do my best.

Thank you,
          SG Dathan

Comment

Goodbye, Lyddie. Sad to know Elsie will no longer be around, but I wish you all the best.

And I wouldn't mind Thomas. I missed his post, but it was expected that he'd get defensive. Edited by Forum Moderator. TOS Violation

I also like the term, "player in question." I'd bet my next 6 paychecks that 90% of the playerbase knows just who this mysterious "player in question" is. But there is no problem. Just a perception issue.

Eh, whatever. It never really affected me, personally. I played the game for different reasons and took alternative paths.
            Last edited by SG Dathan; 10-20-2008, 02:57 PM. Reason: Obviously not everyone knows who is being spoken about.

[OOC Page] from StoryPlotter Pohewa: "I'm kinda trying to think here - it's difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by Temor View Post
              Well, Lyds, I will say that I have enjoyed chatting with you both ICly and OOCly very much and I am sorry to see the game becoming poorer. The atmosphere in here is very tense these days, I am afraid.
              From my point of view, it's been rather dull. But then as a means of defense against all that's driving Lyds away, I have cut my play time back to do other things--which can be read at FanFiction.Com

RL has a nasty habbit of working the same magic on me as well. Wish that job had stayed on a while longer.

As for Thomas' tart tounge, if I am able to prove, by way of Wikipedia's listing of the characters from the novel Catch-22, that he used a German explanitive against me after I appologized to him for being wrong, Thomas may end up 'loosing it'.

Sad to see you go Lyds, especially like this.

Tamm

Comment

Originally posted by Tamm View Post
                From my point of view, it's been rather dull. But then as a means of defense against all that's driving Lyds away, I have cut my play time back to do other things--which can be read at FanFiction.Com
                Pretty sure Temor means tense on an OOC level.

Originally posted by Tamm View Post
                As for Thomas' tart tounge, if I am able to prove, by way of Wikipedia's listing of the characters from the novel Catch-22, that he used a German explanitive against me after I appologized to him for being wrong, Thomas may end up 'loosing it'.
                ...what? Just... what?

- Lin
                "It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other."
                - Petrarch

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
                - Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - but for severe ones they cannot."
                - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Lucus View Post

...what? Just... what?

- Lin
                  In the novel, Catch-22there is a General that is utterly obsessed with parade marching.

His name, translated from German, is something I don't dare type here without the Wraith of Dathan befalling me. But Wikipedia gives and excellant explanation.

Tamm

Comment

LYDS!!!!

I am certainly glad that I had the opportunity to play with you, I loved your characters.

Take care hun I will poke you on facebook everyday!

::huge hugs::

Courtier to Her Majesty's Royal Court
                    Healers Doctor-Medical Physician
                    Housekeeper to Lord Vestio's Household

Comment

Peace out with your piece out.

Comment

Hey Lyds!

Never hesitate to e-mail me or poke me on MSN, I want to hear your songs and watch your latest productions! Now that you've made your decision, I hope that you will try not to let the negativity from the game continue into your personal life, sometimes its hard to let go! Its amazingly difficult to quit this game, so I'm not surprised at your choice of deletion. I started playing in 2001 (not Rosalind, that point was a random assortment of characters including Shirl - ah the good old days) and although the fun of it wore off years ago, for whatever reason we stayed. Addiction? Oh, and please, for the love of all that's vegan, don't give one single remorseful thought to Heraldry. No one cares. Really. Not even me. Especially not me. But I do appreciate that you tried, because I know how tough it is.

Peace, love, and understanding,

Jessica

P.S. Promote Merrynn to Master of Heraldry. I think she's the only one left. Unless she's in the gaol with the other 227 people.

Comment

Oh my! No one cares about heraldry? I think you might want to ask around before you jump to conclusions about that sort of thing. Key was/is extreamly into it. Yes she showed you a lot of resistance on Bertram's arms but that was to prevent him from being a 'stain'. I was willing to work with you as well were other members of the house but you wernt willing to listen.
                          Lady Avaria asks you in Northern, "Why is that, most conversations seem to diverge into discussions of large slabs of meat when you are around, Key?"
                          > OOC -- Leodegrance says, "I love Keyana. She should be her own adverb.
                          She likes sports, beer, cars, swearing, fighting and sex. She is crude, rude, often hygienically challenged and cheerfully ignorant and aggressive. In short, she is a young woman with the personality of a frat boy. She is the Ladette. (tvtroupes website)

Comment

>_< Not in gaol I'm afraid..Though that seems to be where all the cool people go...Dead just screams different at the moment. But no, people really do care about Heraldry, it's just getting things together as a whole that's a problem. Lack of communication and a few other things. And I definitely don't scream innocent in that department...ANNNNND Lyds, I'm sorry to see you go! Will miss you
                            Merrynn Aduin
                            Junior Equerry to Lady Amoret
                            Courtier
                            Doctor
                            Lead Apprentice Carpenter

Comment

Originally posted by Keyana View Post
                              Oh my! No one cares about heraldry? I think you might want to ask around before you jump to conclusions about that sort of thing. Key was/is extreamly into it. Yes she showed you a lot of resistance on Bertram's arms but that was to prevent him from being a 'stain'. I was willing to work with you as well were other members of the house but you wernt willing to listen.
                              Um, I meant no one cares that Lyds is leaving as the current acting head of Heraldry... but, your own jumping to conclusions is one of the reasons I have left! I truly wasn't attempting to be nasty, I honestly have no ill feelings about Heraldry. It is my hope that it thrives in the game under someone else's leadership, since its a really cool aspect of the game that I always felt was under-utilized!

Originally posted by Rosalind View Post
                              Oh, and please, for the love of all that's vegan, don't give one single remorseful thought to Heraldry. No one cares. Really. Not even me. Especially not me. But I do appreciate that you tried, because I know how tough it is.
                              "Give a single remorseful thought to Heraldry," "I appreciate you tried" This comment, in context, was directed at the implicit guilt usually felt when the leader of the group decides to leave suddenly.

I really have no idea what you are talking about regarding the Prince's arms being a stain. The problem in question was that, although the Prince had historical arms, characters/players in his household had been trying to change them to tinctures outside the laws of Heraldry, ones that even the Queen obeys. If you could just make up whatever you wanted, then we wouldn't really need Heraldry, would we? Anywho, my character took the proper IG steps, talked to Launfal, who in turn scolded the Prince, who in turn backed down and proceeded to block my character and have all sorts of really interesting power struggles and scenes! I feel that conflict is a great source of RP in this game.

I would also like to point out to the player of Keyana, that "I" was willing to listen and work with the players in the Prince's Household. But there is a difference between me, Jessica, and my character, Rosalind. In the game, my character had conflict (RE: seeds for great roleplay!) with the Prince and his Household. Please separate that! I have nothing but love for the players and the conflict was in game only.

As some people may know, I played the latest few Lady Berthe incarnations (when she woke in slippers to the trumpeting social Amoret had through her death by poison in the IB Courtyard). Lady Berthe specifically took to Keyana, despite her wearing pants, and we had plenty of good roleplay. I, as a player, simply do not have a "clique" or hold OOC grudges. Think about Rosalind and Berthe and who they interacted with, had conflict with, and liked. They are very different people! Lady Berthe helped promote many people who held Rosalind back. I don't play the game to help my own characters, or even play my characters to participate with each other! (Ever see Rosalind as Lady Berthe's teas, trying to curry favor with Amoret? Nope!)

Sorry for my long-winded ramble on Lyd's post. But I wanted to clear up any misconceptions that I purposefully meant to make it difficult for other players or hold a grudge about how Heraldry as a whole went in the game.

Originally posted by Merrynn View Post
                              >_< Not in gaol I'm afraid..Though that seems to be where all the cool people go...Dead just screams different at the moment. But no, people really do care about Heraldry, it's just getting things together as a whole that's a problem. Lack of communication and a few other things. And I definitely don't scream innocent in that department...ANNNNND Lyds, I'm sorry to see you go! Will miss you
                              Do whatever it is that is fun in the game. No one expects you to be able to pick up the entire burden yourself and get things going. You can always e-mail me if you have technical questions about Heraldry (although the TWiki site has every possible source of IG information imaginable). See above, I didn't mean to imply that I was upset about how Heraldry went or that no one cared about Heraldry. Just that Hazelline was leaving it.

Happy gaming!

Comment

Working...
                              X