Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a Heartfelt Thanks

Heya folks....

First and foremost I want to thank everyone who attended the reception last night, wether or not you were invited. Remember.. rules are made to be broken/bent.

Secondly... I want to say that I personally was totally floored by the number of folks that were present. I realize that alot of invitations were sent out, but I personally thought that folks would find a reception boring, especially a duelist reception at that.

Boy was I wrong!

Next.. because I was soo surprised at the turn out.... I want to say sorry for not being ready for all of you that were there. Not only was Faer stunned, but I the player was as well, thus I was attempting to gather my wits as quickly as I could and respond appropriately.

If I missed any interaction with folks, please understand that I just do not handle screen scroll very well. Thus why I tend to avoid the courtyard at all costs. Granted I miss things that way, but ... I can not keep up with reading and typing responses that seem to fly off the screen.

After months of plotting things, everything worked out smoothly, and I am thankful that Zell fixed the problem as quickly as he did. Else I do not know what I would have done.... *smiles sheepishly*

I also want to extend a thanks to all those who helped get last night to the pinnacle of Roleplaying. It was to say the least one of my most enjoyable moments in Marrach to see the looks on folks faces as events unfolded. I sincerely hope that this Aspiring Conflict Maker was able to make last night enjoyable for those who attended.

Once again I heart felt thanks to those who made last night work and a grateful thanks to those who attended the reception and made it what it was. It truely was an awesome night for me at least.
    This Section is entirely OOC:
    If you obey all of the rules, you miss all of the fun. ~ Katherine Hepburn
    "Wise sayings often fall on barren ground; but a kind word is never thrown away." ~ Sir Arthur Helps.
    "Boredom is the fear of self." ~ Comtesse Diane
    Angron - Well, if pouches were a little bigger, Faer would have a mobile home "

Man, I'm truly sad I missed this event. but seeing that I didn't even know about it till the day after and the fact that my computer was broke anyhow, oh well...

Maybe I'll catch the next one, hell, maybe I'll /be/ the next one, who knows.
    To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

I would like to second Faer's sentiments. We have been planning this event and the ensuing drama for a long time, and it was quite exciting to have so many people there to enjoy the scene (at least, I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did).

Personally, I was not at all surprised at the turn out. I think everyone knows that were Faer goes, excitement is sure to happen.

Of course, it did make it difficult to pay attention to everyone there as much as I would have liked. I know I missed comments and approaches and and offers and I hope no one considers it a slight. It's just an unfortunate side effect of actually trying to RP in the midst of a large crowd.

Special thanks to those who were in on the hijinks from the start, especially our co-conspirator Ximena; to Margaret, who planned the whole wedding ad party for us and was unable to attend at the last minute; and most especially to Faer, with whom it is an enternal delight to RP.

Oh yeah: and thanks to Andrew for not being there and further contributing to Edouard's worst night ever.

Comment

*blushes at Edouard* Thanks

*giggle* and he is being silver tongued even in the OOC forums!

Edouard said what I was trying to say in the first post. I really hope that no one felt short changed by lack of quick and decisive responses from us. *hugs to everyone out there that made it a wonderful gaming night*

*winks at Ximena's player* Could not have done it without'cha Hun! Thanks a bunch! You are simply Marvalous Darling!
        "Wise sayings often fall on barren ground; but a kind word is never thrown away." ~ Sir Arthur Helps.

Comment

any chance of a log for those of us who would of like to been there but couldnt due to geographical reasons or whatever

Ser Kaine Crymanwr
          Honoured Guest
          Apprentice to Mistress Zia

OOC Sig.

Today is a good day for Pie

Comment

I personally thought that folks would find a reception boring, especially a duelist reception at that.
            Heheheh... I must be under the biggest misleading in the castle because my first thought about this kind of reception was that if it was a DUELIST reception... Wasn't there some sort of guaranteed confrontation? And honestly, the whole thing was pretty boring (i.e. People standing around desperately trying to make chit-chat) until the couple showed up.

Which... is sad... Because my connection rapidly deteriorated to sh!t shortly after Faer and Edouard showed up and I missed EVERYTHING. ...I came back later on only to be told by Duren's player: "XIMENA AND FAER STARTED A SCENE!" over AIM. *grumble* If anyone has a log of the night, like Kaine said, I'd LOVE to get it. Oh, is the actual wedding log going to be posted anywhere? If so... Heh... I'm interested!

A committment like this has GOT to take just as much ooc effort as it does ic, so C-O-N-G-R-A-T-S ooc'ly!!

Looking forward to witnessing all the fun and mischief to come,
            ^Jessifur^
            "Four A.M. knows all my secrets."

Comment

Originally posted by Faer
              I really hope that no one felt short changed by lack of quick and decisive responses from us.
              The key part here is the feeling of being SHORT changed, right Faer??

Yeah, it was dull as all get out to sit there and wait for you two to actually show up, and another thing are Duelists ever on time?? I mean, c'mon...I think people were going to fall asleep there and Angron couldn't keep his grubby hands off the food long enough (nothing personal Angron...I just saw you in the food more than anyone else )

And then the the fuse was lit on the little powder keg that was Faer...and the fireworks commenced. I, as a player, and character enjoyed watching that.

Have fun storming the Castle!!

~Twulf~
              Harbormaster: Hold up there, you! It's a shilling to tie up your boat at the dock... and I shall need to know your name.

Jack Sparrow: What do you say to three shillings and we forget the name.

Harbormaster: Welcome to Port Royal, Mr. Smith!

Comment

Faer,
                Glad you loved my little bomb. I've been sitting on it for a long time. Months, even. Just waiting for the right time to reveal it to your character. It was lots of fun dropping the hornet's nest into the middle of the party.

Edouard,
                Oh, my poor brother. I only thought I was doing the right thing. *snicker* Thanks for the idea! This is going to have many, many, MANY consequences. Probably many unforeseen ones, too. Still, I'm all for such villainous plots.

Though, I'd admit, I thought there was going to be a bit more of a blow up over Cyril and Miriela showing up. I wanted to get Faer while that was going on. You know, divide and conquer and all that.

It was lots for fun. I had to refrain from commenting the old saying, "Chaos, panic and mayhem. My job here is done." Then, sweeping out. *heh* Maybe next time.

Thanks
                Ximena
                (Morte is my role model!)
                Ximena Rose
                Scribe and Accountant of the Exchequer
                ximena_rose@yahoo.com

Comment

I am currently editing that log... so yeah... it will be available.

however, some of the err... whispers will be removed so that you are left guessing.

*winks mischieviously*

Can't have all of the story given just away for free, can we?

Comment

too bad I missed the end.. .oh well... glad to hear it went well. Well I can't wait for that work shop on friday....... *glances at post jsut to check time and date again* *sighs bitterly* oh well... I won't be able to make it after all... hope you're able to create some future villians.

Comment

Ready to Recieve

For all the attendants and screen scroll, it came off rather well. I would congratulate you OOCly... But my condolences ICly!

Poor Faer! Poor Edouard!

The only good thing to be said was that there was not immediate bloodshed and death all over the bowling alley.

This may cause a deep fracture within the Duelist's society. Are you speaking to Edouard or Faer? Trying to keep peaceful with both? (Yipes.)

Maybe there will be a reconcilation. Pete sure hopes so... And has some hopefully happy surprises in store for the couple in case it ever happens.

Poor Pete!

His attempts to give his wedding gifts kept getting interrupted. He was almost there at the head of the line when Ximena dropped the bomb. (btw: Kudos! Whatever the argument was over is completely obscure to most of the rest of us. All we know was that it was a virtual stiletto between the ribs. Plot on, oh villainess!)

Pete saw how Sir Cyril's attendance was most unwelcome... Oops! Better take that name off the list of people he hoped to make him a 'squoire'... Unless he was willing to incur the wrath of the other elder duelists? Who knows. Intriguing. What's the story there? Hmm...

OOCly thoughts...

Like other major crowd scenes, I must admit that I felt "frozen" into mostly non-interaction. This was not a plot I had been involved in, and I didn't know what to do. Pete is not the sort to leap into things he doesn't know about anyway, and was torn because he respected both Faer and Edouard. Yeesh!

What to do? What to do?

Just sit back, witness, and let the scene play through to it's ugly conclusion.
                      And boy, was it ugly.

Yeesh!

pEtE thE dWARf

Comment

I'd like to commend the players for managing to make a dull and overused theme in the middle of a high concentration of mentioned theme into some effective or at least interesting role-play.

Not only did it provide an attention spotlight for Ximena again, and on different levels Edouard and Faer, it engaged (no lame pun intended) a lot of characters, even those who didn't know what was going on, or those who only partially assumed.

All those months of planning and work done by characters and their players in the castle for the wedding completely derailed by Ximena's cruel and devious and all-together enjoyable to watch antics, not to mention the ruin of Edouard's reputation as 'honorable'.

So many IC questions arise! Will Ximena lose favor and be moved back to the OB? Will she even leave her room, fearing death by Faer's hand, or contempt from her peers and betters? Will Edouard be repudiated by the Honorable Duelists? How soon will the annullment occur? Are Civil Weddings put together too quickly? Are faithful couples nearly extinct?

And concerning the other characters' involvement, many gained new insights into the other characters, not to mention had to deal with it on an emotional level.

From a personal player standpoint, that not-nearly final straw almost brought Ravelyn to a break-down. (Although thus far it's just made her player change her title to Misanthrope). She knew about Ximena's harlotry before, but to find out that Edouard was vulnerable to her, whew. A shocker!

Thank you to the players who considered creating a chaous that didn't exclude anyone from the fun, and allowed all characters to be able to respond to the situation at hand.

- Carmen

Comment

If it's not too much to ask, can we perhaps have a chronicle, at least before too much OOC info is disseminated?

What my char knows IC: Something unusual happened at the wedding, and Ravelyn did not want to talk about it.

What I know OOC: See above posts, plus a barrage of educated guessing.

While I'm interested in meta-discussion of such happenings, I also enjoy the opportunity for my char to experience surprising news without the player already having extensive knowledge.

Comment

Chronicle or No Chronicle

Interesting you should ask...

Mebbe there's an ICly reason there might not be a chronicle written about this.

plot plot plot...

pEtE thE dOOLiSt

Comment

Thank you to the players who considered creating a chaous that didn't exclude anyone from the fun, and allowed all characters to be able to respond to the situation at hand.
                              This is amazing. If that is the effect we had on some of the players, I must admit that I am truely delighted that we were able to provide possible character enhancements/disenchantments. Your post made my day Rave!

Comment

Working...
                              X