• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faer
    started a topic a Heartfelt Thanks

a Heartfelt Thanks

Heya folks....

First and foremost I want to thank everyone who attended the reception last night, wether or not you were invited. Remember.. rules are made to be broken/bent.

Secondly... I want to say that I personally was totally floored by the number of folks that were present. I realize that alot of invitations were sent out, but I personally thought that folks would find a reception boring, especially a duelist reception at that.

Boy was I wrong!

Next.. because I was soo surprised at the turn out.... I want to say sorry for not being ready for all of you that were there. Not only was Faer stunned, but I the player was as well, thus I was attempting to gather my wits as quickly as I could and respond appropriately.

If I missed any interaction with folks, please understand that I just do not handle screen scroll very well. Thus why I tend to avoid the courtyard at all costs. Granted I miss things that way, but ... I can not keep up with reading and typing responses that seem to fly off the screen.

After months of plotting things, everything worked out smoothly, and I am thankful that Zell fixed the problem as quickly as he did. Else I do not know what I would have done.... *smiles sheepishly*

I also want to extend a thanks to all those who helped get last night to the pinnacle of Roleplaying. It was to say the least one of my most enjoyable moments in Marrach to see the looks on folks faces as events unfolded. I sincerely hope that this Aspiring Conflict Maker was able to make last night enjoyable for those who attended.

Once again I heart felt thanks to those who made last night work and a grateful thanks to those who attended the reception and made it what it was. It truely was an awesome night for me at least.

• Gretchan
    replied
    Re: Re: re : Sansamor

Originally posted by Charmiam

Gretchan nibbles her antique mink-fur cape.

Followed by some odd looks Thanks, Gretchan - I love this kind of lovely accident.
    People makes these kinds of mistakes all the time.. just not in a room with 30+ people during an event that will obviously be logged and read over and over again for months..

I have to admit.. I got a good laugh out of it though, even if it was at my expense..

Jen

Leave a comment:

• Charmiam
    replied
    Re: re : Sansamor

Originally posted by Eidheann
    Sansamor really had the best lines in the evening. Period.
    Yes, but Gretchan had the best emote :

Gretchan takes a bite of a chicken pie.
    Gretchan finishes eating a chicken pie.
    Gretchan brushes her worn hands lightly.
    Gretchan unobtrusively walks to a long, simple wooden table.
    Gretchan takes a cake slice.
    Gretchan turns.
    Gretchan walks to the west wall.
    Gretchan nibbles her antique mink-fur cape.

Followed by some odd looks Thanks, Gretchan - I love this kind of lovely accident.

Leave a comment:

• Adalyn
    replied
    Awesome, Faer!

Now I really wish Ady had been there!

Thanks for sharing!

Krysti

Leave a comment:

• Ildara
    replied
    One word..

WOW.

Leave a comment:

• Faer
    replied
    SNOTS!!!!!

Give me... 20 mins and it will be fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Ildara
    replied
    Links between pages don't work.

Leave a comment:

• Faer
    replied
    Yeah just fixed it.

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    Originally posted by Faer
    I realize some folks have been begging for it.. but mind you it is LONG reading.

so... here it is finally.

The Wedding Log
    um geocitys is telling me it isnt there? is the link broken?

Leave a comment:

• Faer
    replied
    I realize some folks have been begging for it.. but mind you it is LONG reading.

so... here it is finally.

The Wedding Log

Leave a comment:

• Eidheann
    replied
    re : Sansamor

Sansamor really had the best lines in the evening. Period. The most overtly obvious was the one chindora used in her last post.

Sansamor blandly smiles, "This has been exceedingly ... er, nice. But I really ought to be going. Many congratulations to the bride and groom."
    But I remember much earlier in the evening, before Faer and Edouard showed up... Massive scroll with lots of idle chitchat and movement, someone (sorry, massive scroll.. didn't notice who) said the word 'dance'

Sansamor smiles eagerly, "Did someone say Dance?"
    (or something like that. didn't log)

The screen goes completely still. Then EVERYONE looks at Sansamor and says "NO!"

So, thank you to Sansamor's player. You and Faer really made it worth the speed-reading headache.

Leave a comment:

• chindora
    replied
    ....And there was a stunned emtpiness when Faer and Edourard finally departed. The guests were shocked into an unusual silence. They quietly placed wine glasses on tables, subduedly glanced at each other, sadly shook their heads....and then the uncomfortable silence was broken by the urbanely absurd:

Sansamor blandly smiles, "This has been exceedingly ... er, nice. But I really ought to be going. Many congratulations to the bride and groom."

Amidst the withering glares of the guests, Ravelyn disgustedly ignoring Sansamor, and the total disbelief over what had just been said, I was laughing so hard I could not see the monitor!

Huzzah to Sansamor for for the best line of the evening!

Kimberley

Leave a comment:

• Faer
    replied
    Thank you to the players who considered creating a chaous that didn't exclude anyone from the fun, and allowed all characters to be able to respond to the situation at hand.
    This is amazing. If that is the effect we had on some of the players, I must admit that I am truely delighted that we were able to provide possible character enhancements/disenchantments. Your post made my day Rave!

Leave a comment:

• Dwarf
    replied
    Chronicle or No Chronicle

Interesting you should ask...

Mebbe there's an ICly reason there might not be a chronicle written about this.

plot plot plot...

pEtE thE dOOLiSt

Leave a comment:

• Nom
    replied
    If it's not too much to ask, can we perhaps have a chronicle, at least before too much OOC info is disseminated?

What my char knows IC: Something unusual happened at the wedding, and Ravelyn did not want to talk about it.

What I know OOC: See above posts, plus a barrage of educated guessing.

While I'm interested in meta-discussion of such happenings, I also enjoy the opportunity for my char to experience surprising news without the player already having extensive knowledge.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X