~Farewell For Now~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~Farewell For Now~

I have thought long and hard over this question or returning to Marrach. It saddens me to see what was once a wonderful Role play game turned into a place to abuse authority and ignore players who are just trying to enjoy the game.

We all joined the game to have fun and be able to do things we cannot in real life. In the begining it was great fun and my character began to rise quickly. apparently that was just too much for some to handle. I was back stabbed and lied about and even when I tried to seek help from those over the game to explain things that happened OOC(Out of character)- All I got was play it out IC (In character). Well since that is not possible- I was made to look like a thief and Arian has treated me like 'crap' ever since. For what ever reason- I was not seeing the items of jewelry in my inventory--so when I finally did--it was too late. I looked like I was hording the jewelry(I was not).

Janwin---I don't know what your problem with Ambra is-I just know that you were hell bent on destroying a character that I worked hard to get where she is--but guess your real happy now that I am leaving. Enjoy it while it lasts--Someday you'll find out how it feels. Yes it is a game--but the fact remains that I was paying for that game and the right to -Enjoy- it. You know--I could have gone to Lord Sicard at anytime and complained about you--but Ambra is not the type to use her betters to further her on agenda...so I hope your real proud of yourself.

Taralyn: Why you would not give Ambra a chance --I do not know. She respectfully followed -Your- orders and did all she was asked. What she did was a mistake--but not nearly as wrong has how this whole affair was handled. You were too busy listening to others put her down and never gave her a chance to redeem herself. Yet Lady Amoret-in her greater position of authority- gave her a place in her home. What does that suggest to you? All I ask- is that in the future--give others a chance. What was done there in the Carpenters was very wrong. The only reason they made issue of it--was because they didn't like that Ambra was catching up to there skill level and they wanted to hold her back, Greed is an ugly thing. She earned her place with hard work.(It was not my fault that they were away from the game for a time).

Key, You use to look out for Ambra and acted as a Knight would have toward her--but I guess you were too busy listening to others put Ambra down ~Behind her back~ In a cowardly fashion.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    But enough of my bitterness--now to praise and gratitude to those who did make role-play fun:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dame Eeva was perhaps one of the greatest of the Knights. She would stand up for those who did not have the authority to protect themselves and for that she deserves a place in the Marrach hall of fame. I much admired how she treated others..even when scolding a person--she did so in kindness and to help correct things that were not proper behavior. With this she earned Ambra's respect. With a warm heart I want to thank you Dame Eeva for all the great roleplay.

Lord Launfal: Always gentle--but firm when he needed to be. I will miss you(Geist). It was a pleasure to role-play with you. Ambra and her player always felt bad when she had to bring you bad news. She wanted so much to bring Him good news and cheer him up. I can imagine that you are glad not to have the pressures of a real Lord. Feel free to contact me via e-mail: NancyleBriar@Hotmail.com.(same for all who are listed under these -POSITIVE MENTIONS-feel free to contact me via e-mail).

Gareth/Pete: You were always kind to Ambra and tried to look out for the well being of others as well. You made one mistake and they hold it over your head forever.(I think they forget it's just a game.) You treated Ambra like a father and tried to teach her--You were a very gentle and also firm when you had to be. You made a great Preceptor of the Battler's Guild. Unfortunately we cannot control the actions of others. Pete- I miss the Fencing Academy and Pete's good heartedness. Maybe one day he and the academy will be revived.

Lord Sicard and Lady Amoret," Though I didn't get to see you much--You were always fun to role play with. You were both excellent examples of what a Lord and Lady should be. I hope you will always remain so. Thank you for letting Ambra be a part of your household. Who knows--I may one day return as a new character.

Ezraella: Thank you for helping Ambra with learning the the ropes--so to speak --about hairstyling. It was fun to role play helping people feel better about themselves. Just making them feel better by making them look great.

Jayland: Thank you for the times you stood up for Ambra--despite how you were treated- because of it. You showed -Real- character in that you did not back down just because it wasn't convenient. Thank you for all the carpentry lessons and the friendship. May you know even better success in the future.(Real life and role-play)

Dame Hannah: I sorely miss you. You made people laugh and despite the position of authority which you held--you were never too busy to help someone else. Thank you so very much for the wonderful role-play and friendship.

Alella: You had your own problems and yet you were more concerned for others than for your own self. Thank you for being so kind and generous to us all. You deserve far more recognition than you have been given. But the work you did and do--has not gone unnoticed. Keep safe and don't let things get you down.

There are so many of you I want to thank and have too little room to post here. The list would go on forever. So in brief let me say: Marrach, I will always have fond memories of you as well as some pain. You see--like an actor we each put a little of ourselves into our character..with that comes both joy and sorrow- When you see your character hurt it bugs you--admit it. Yes yes--I know it's not real--but the feeling we have are. The mind is an amazing thing--for with it you can choose to hurt or help someone. Just as a timely smile can brighten a persons day--so can a word of encouragement--even if it's just to a character we have created. To those I may have missed in this letter--You are still thought of with fondness of heart.

To all the Royal guard and Sentry: A warm smile and I bid you: SAFE PATHS!
    To sera Brighde: May you ever find happiness and the fruit of your labor have great reward.

To Virendra and Kobe: Don't lose heart. You can do well--just keep working at it. I wish for you both a better and joyous future.

To Senna: You can go far in the Castle--but beware of those who are selfish and do not want you to surpass them in position.

Sir Howe: We didn't always see eye to eye--but you tried to be fair and I suppose we all say and do things in the heat of anger and Ambra did make her share of mistakes. Still You did try to help her when and where you could. Your human and so is she(so to speak). Thank you for being a friend to her and correcting her when she needed it. *hugs* May you rise to even better things in the future. God bless you for caring* SAFE PATHS!

OOC- To those who have the authority to do so--take my character and distribute all her goods to others. Thank you and Good Night!

~Signed Simply~ Ambra Rose Blackthorne~
    Last edited by WindWings; 05-19-2010, 02:32 PM.
    ~WindWings~

With all sincerity I write.

I will actually miss you.

As much as my characters were down on Ambra, and as curt as I could be Ambra was always positive, always had a good outlook, and was always trying. I have never ever, ever, seen such persistence and dedication in a character. Ever.

I hope that you will come back someday. I truly do.

Comment

I am very sorry to see you go in this way and I wish the best for you.

But I will say some good of Ambra and what she did for the game. Ambra was persistent, but she was more. She made a genuine, honest effort to make players feel welcomed and get characters inside the game. She certainly helped Temor with languages and jewelry to a degree which no-one else Temor wasn't affiliated with was.

She has also helped my new character, Cedrick, studying Northern, sharing information and helping him get into the thick of things.

There are many others whom Ambra has made an effort to welcome and I hope that others will be willing to do the same in the future.

PS: Don't delete Ambra unless you are ABSOLUTELY certain. Take a break, months, years or whatever is best and then maybe one day you will want to bring out Ambra again.
      BRAAAAIIINS!

Comment

I return after a brief respite, not from the game i might add to this, I hope you are still spying on the boards, so that we may speak soon!

Kaspar's handler

Send me a pm, when your about please!

Comment

Originally posted by WindWings View Post
          We all joined the game to have fun and be able to do things we cannot in real life. In the begining it was great fun and my character began to rise quickly. apparently that was just too much for some to handle. I was back stabbed and lied about and even when I tried to seek help from those over the game to explain things that happened OOC(Out of character)- All I got was play it out IC (In character). Well since that is not possible- I was made to look like a thief and Arian has treated me like 'crap' ever since. For what ever reason- I was not seeing the items of jewelry in my inventory--so when I finally did--it was too late. I looked like I was hording the jewelry(I was not).
          One of the funny things about rising up the ranks? The level of intrigue, backstabbing and general potential for destruction also increases. Sorry that you were unable to handle the coldness of a Winter Court.

As to the statement of "play it out IC", that is a perfectly valid statement to give someone when they try to explain something or sway your character's actions through an OOC explanation. That's why it's called "IC/OOC Crossover", and is a bad thing.

Originally posted by WindWings View Post
          Janwin---I don't know what your problem with Ambra is-I just know that you were hell bent on destroying a character that I worked hard to get where she is--but guess your real happy now that I am leaving. Enjoy it while it lasts--Someday you'll find out how it feels. Yes it is a game--but the fact remains that I was paying for that game and the right to -Enjoy- it. You know--I could have gone to Lord Sicard at anytime and complained about you--but Ambra is not the type to use her betters to further her on agenda...so I hope your real proud of yourself.
          Contrary to your belief, I was not hellbent on destroying Ambra. Yes, my character disfavored her greatly, -however- there were moments where she was actually reversing his feelings towards her. I, also, am not happy that you're leaving. You contributed a lot to the game, and it does not please me in any way to see someone leave. Note that -I-, the player, do not always share the opinions, beliefs, mindset nor personal feelings of Janwin, the character.

And believe me, I am -well- aware of how it feels to have my character disfavored by those above you. And just as it has been my choice to have my character do things which earned him disfavor, it has been your choice to have your character do things which earned her disfavor. Sorry.

The statement that you were paying for the game and thus the right to enjoy it...well, I hope you were enjoying it. The game is a game about intrigue, favor, disfavor, rumors, backstabbing, and just about anything else that can be found in a castle and a social environment. Everyone who plays pays for the game. Is the near on $1500 I've paid in subscriptions since July of 2001 less valuable than the subscription of yourself? I also pay to enjoy the game, you see. IC is IC.

Regarding her ability to go to Lord Sicard, now we're getting somewhere. That's how the game works! You pull strings. If someone bigger than you is treating you like crap, you pull the strings of those who favor you -above- them, who put said person in their place. Not using such is, again, your choice.

Anyway, as has been said before, perhaps someday you'll return. Take the advice of someone who has taken breaks from the game more than once over the years: don't give everything away, and don't delete the character. You may be back yet. It's a shame to see you go, since even while my character may have disliked her, Ambra always amused me in some way.

~Jon

Comment

The castle won't be the same without you! Like was suggested before, don't delete Ambra! You may wish to return and when you do, you'll find us waiting for you.

Comment

~Reply~

Janwin, I am not one to hold grudges and so in time maybe I will likely be back. But this is my point. In character is fine. Ambra has been through many bad situations and come out of them unscathed. The thing is--I can see no reason why Janwin would go after Ambra. She certainly was not a threat to a him as a courtier. Ambra wanted to -be- a true Knight and really help people--even if that was only in character.

I was inspired by some of the Knightly characters in the game and thought this was a good chance to show this kind of upright character. We need people to show that there is goodness in this world. I see so much pain in people and this was a small way that I could make a difference. You know--to remind people there is always hope. Yes Ambra made a lot of bad choices and she paid for them. Show me any human being and I can show you faults--but it is when a person rises above these things --that good comes out of it for us all.

You see my fear was that with so much bad mouthing behind her back--that she would always be held back and never amount to anything. Much like a hamster in a wheel--running endlessly and never getting anywhere. Ambra -will not- use her position to harm others--very unknightly behavior to do so. Even if she is furious with them--she will not allow herself to harm others.so Janwin is safe. Only to protect someone would she even consider killing and that she would do with sorrow.
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Ennah: You make a wonderful sister and after a break--then maybe I can come back. My leaving is for the good of all. I was staying depressed and that makes for lousy role-play. Once rested and rejuvinated---then Ambra may be better than ever. *Squishes* You don't realize how many friend you really have til something like this happens.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Thank you all for your understanding and for the great role-play we have shared. I will peek in here every once in a while and say hello. Happy Role Playing Marrach!!!
              ~WindWings~

Comment

You will be missed but I am with those that tell you do not delete your character. Just do not say goodbye say I will see you later after a break. Really you did add a lot to this game. Amber is positive and always anxious to help. Finna and player just loved Amber to death and tried to help her when she could.

Things do happen in this game and it can get frustrating. Sometimes it is hard to keep it in game. We put so much into our characters while playing them. Those that have been in here for awhile can tell you that. It is hard sometimes but that is part of Rping...point being is you can walk away from the game and your real life is not effected by it accept by emotions involved in what you did put into it. So take a break when it seems to get to much. I think you can tell from the answers here there are those that will be effected by your absents. No one is out to get Amber it is just how things are in a Castle situation. It is really all political. But that is what brings the mystery and fun to the Rping. I do hope you will stop and consider this and maybe come back again. I do miss Amber. HUGS
                Finna Moon, Courtier to Her Majesty's Court

Comment

A flaw that many of us players share is that when we fail to see why something is happening to our character, and we cannot figure out what the IC reason may be, we then begin to believe it must be nothing other than some OOC reason that drives the other players to do what they do.

We need to realize that we are not always going to know the IC reasons behind the actions of other characters, there is simply no way to know that. That does not mean however that the negative motives of other characters towards our character is driven by some OOC design - it simply isn't true. Can it be? Of course it can, though once we start down the road of blaming everything that happens to our character on some OOC vendetta, we become disenchanted with things and stop enjoying the game.

For myself, in the years that have gone by, when I began to stop enjoying the game I did one of two things to regenerate myself:

1) Stop all OOC with other players. It was hard, but extremely rewarding. I would log in and block all pages from everyone and just play. Wow - what a difference that made. It was unreal when all the OOC was filtered out and I could just play my character and enjoy the scenes he was in.

2) Exit the game and stop playing for a time.

Either works, but number 1 sure gives you a different perspective on the game. Log in, turn off pages. Turn off instant messengers. Delve into your character and play who they are. Give no IC information via any OOC means. If someone elses character wasn't there, then tell them to find out IC. I cannot begin to tell you how many times I have answered a page with "That's an IC question ;-)" or "Ask IC". Anyone that won't do that, really wasn't interested in role playing anyway. Their loss - not yours.

I dislike seeing people blame their characters hardships on other players. I'm a firm believer that that happens because there is too much OOC involved.

That's my .10 cents worth.

Darby

Comment

I gotta say, I'm with Viceran on this.

Just because a character does not like yours and you don't know the IC reasons, does not mean there are OOC reasons. To me, this is the exact meaning of IC/OOC separation.

Once we all begin to suspect OOC foulplay based on a void of IC reasons, we are in fact creating that exact crossover we should strive to keep minimal.

Despite that sorry to see Ambra go, an interesting character for sure. Best to the player as well and I hope all goes well in the future.

Osric's Player
                    -Head of Houseold/Valet to Lord Vestio
                    -Courtier of Her Majesty's Royal Court

Comment

I can speak for every character I have ever made on this game that they’ll miss you. I’ll also miss Ambra, always a chipper spirit in the game. I really do hope that one day you’ll be able to bring her back after a break. Just keep away from the delete button until you finally decide her fate. *hugs*
                      Sarnon Blackthorne

Comment

Now that I am back, I have this to say to all of you;

[Please leave personal information to the discretion of its owner. Story Guide Dathan]

She may return, as she told me by E-Mail, but certain things will have to be changed with in this Game before she'll concider returning. I would suggest applogizes for a start,
                        [Please leave personal information to the discretion of its owner. Story Guide Dathan]

Darren Brimhall
                        Last edited by SG Dathan; 06-14-2010, 12:45 PM. Reason: Edited for content

Comment

Working...
                        X