StoryPlotter Guide: Wounds and Role Playing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rikka View Post
    When Rikka got her memory wipe and death, I played for the long term effects. I've played her that she has short term memory loss and now she has to write down a lot of what she does else she'll just plum forget it. Though, not all want to be as extreme as her.
    I went a rather extreme way when Flatty made her first (and only, to this date) post-awakening visit to Dr. G's worktable during the Nightmare plot. She forgot EVERYTHING that has happened in the nearly 9 years she had been in Marrach.

That lead to a lot of confusion for her, and to this day, she is still struggling to remember some people and events. She knows how she died, but does not remember it. And with old characters frequently returning, she often has to be reintroduced to old friends.

She's learned to keep better notes after that incident too. the first page of her new journal, for example, even states something along the lines of "Unless it is stated otherwise later in this book, which is highly improbable, if the Prince comes to you claiming you two were lovers, assume he's lying. He's been failing to get into your pants for years." :P
    Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

Priam died a handful times (like 5-7?) and he got progressively worse till he was basically comatose.

<_<
      "Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior."
      -Socrates

Comment

*bumped up!*
        StoryPlotter Odjit
        Odjit's observations are - as they pretty much always are - spot on. - Geist
        [4:36:43 PM] Kurzon: You're horrid
        odjit@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Myr's funky stutter only arrived after he died. I'll tweak his character or characteristics if he dies again.
          Ximen: "Burn the heretic, purge the unclean, kill the abomination."
          Sang: "What happensssss happenssssss."
          Myrddin: "You, ah, you shouldn't really be, ah, doing that."

Comment

*bumpity bump* No reason, I was just reading it.
            StoryPlotter Odjit
            odjit@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

***bumped***

Comment

Can we sticky this? :O

Comment

I agree sticky this is a nice thread
                  OOC -- Euphelia says, "Stupid fat cat got tangled in cords and dragged my craptop across the room "

Comment

At least the first part of the thread, where is suggests that...well...SURGERY AND PAIN HURT. Yeah, that part should be stickied.

I'm also up for the ability for a doctor to @bruise or @wound a patient who they're working on, or in as the case may be, when they are behaving badly.

Just a thought.

Comment

I feel this needs a bump.
                      StoryPlotter Odjit
                      odjit@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Please remember we only have 4 wound levels. Bruises are underused friends of the brawlers.
                        StoryPlotter Odjit
                        odjit@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Thanks for stickying this. Badly needed! Yes, people need to remember that 1 wound or a slight wound means you are 1/4th dead. A serious wound or two slights = half dead, a grave wound is three hit points so either one grave, two slights and one serious or three slight wounds = 3/4ths dead aka mostly dead and in critical condition, and at last are fatal wounds which are either four slights, two slights and one serious or one grave and one serious = 4/4 or all dead. Remember you can also go down in one hit sometimes in a live duel. It doesn't happen often but it does happen. (Bruises can add up too--see the earlier post Odjit made on how bruises effect your hitpoints.)

I am pretty sure I put in an @idea for an @scratch command. People tend to think of slight wounds as "a scratch" when they are definitely much deeper than that. However, people also tend to not think of bruises as bloody wounds or actual wounds as non-bloodied wounds. I think it would be great to have @scratch (which would be the hitpoint equivalent of a bruise) so that we can differentiate the type of wound at a glance.

The wounding system is there for RP purposes--and if you need guidance on how you should RP your wound, you can always @assist or ask the Healers for help OOC.

Comment

*casual bumping this, even though its stickied*
                            Samekh, SG
                            Samekh@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

I'm nudging this is a reminder of wounds and what it actually means to be wounded.
                              Samekh, SG
                              Samekh@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

nudge this up for those being wounded lately

Comment

Working...
                                X