• Show
Clear All

Please review this for future RP.
    StoryGuide Samael

Comment

You know who you are.

Comment

I feel this needs a bump.
        Who finds a faithful friend, finds a treasure.

Comment

I found this helpful recently and thought I'd bump it in case anyone wants a refresher

~ Acting Headmaster of the College of Arts
          ~ Stylist, Royal Artist & Unity of the Arts Patron
          ~ Junior Handmaiden to Her Majesty Queen Vivienne

Comment

I know this is stickied, but given all the recent attacks and wounds, I'd like to bring this to everyone's attention again.

Please roleplay wounds seriously. I know no one wants to be "stuck in their room" for weeks. No one is asking that. But try to find a realistic middle ground Odjit's description of the wounds above should help, and clearly give examples on how to handle them, when you should and shouldn't @wound, and even bruise mechanics.

Please be respectful to the healers out there. We know you don't want to be laid up - but if you're running around the entire keep a day after death's door, we WILL ICly reprimand you for it. At least, I know Dolph will
            Royal Chief of Medicine
            Courtier of Her Majesty's Royal Court
            Patron of the Embinders
            Head of the House of the Lord Chamberlain

Comment

I admit I get a little confused with the wounds. Last night I got a 'serious wound' to the chest via some electrical Uwaine loving and my initial thought was it probably jolted her heart (bear in mind I know NOTHING about how current works to damage a body). I eventually assisted to try and figure out how I should be RPing, and in the meantime just flagged her unconscious. The healers worked with me IC and I was told IC I would not die. After being bandaged, I was told it would take 10 days and I would be good as new. The next day (which is today) I would be sore and likely very itchy. To me this does not constitute a 'serious' wound as it similarly can take 10 days to get over a cold. There was no surgery or anything major, just some ointment applied and a bandage. I feel like after reading Odjit's post on serious wounds I probably should have my character laid up in her room nursing on milk of the poppy or something, but at the same time I feel like I am playing appropriately to the feedback I got from the healers, and I prefer to work in coordination with the healers because it provides them RP support too.

Anyway, I prefer realism, but it's not always easy to know how to play it, especially when magic or non-combat related wounds are involved. I personally may leave my room, write scrolls, or hold a poetry class, but I try to only move between my room and another major area (like the commons) so it doesn't look as if she's acting 'normal'. Is that too normal? If it were suggested she hole up for a week, she would have followed that advice IG instead. I guess I'm trying to figure out how much normalcy is too much normalcy, because I always prefer to be believable.
              Apprentice Embinder
              Apprentice Stylist
              Duelist

Mistress of Entertainments
              Royal Artist
              Secretary to Lady Sinvy
              Seeker of the Faith

Squire to Dame Galatea
              Virtuoso of the Unity

Comment

This wasn't directed at your character in particular, just a generalization, but we'll use Josie as an example.

Due to Dolph's healing skill, and Josie's wound level (3), 10 days is the time the game gives it to heal. You handled yours fine, based on how we roleplayed the situation and level of the wound vs the time it takes to recover game-wise. The level of healer (In Dolph's case, Artisan) is like an IC way of saying "This is his skill level, he knows how to patch people up, he's dealt with these things, whatever whatever". There's a lot you can do to bend that to how you want to work it IC. If you want to nurse the seriousness of it, go ahead! Request a friend help you walk. Get some other players involved. Tell Dolph you want a check up. Request a wheeled chair. There's paths to take

I apologize, the bump of the post made it seem like I was targeting you, perhaps. Totally not the case. It's just been 3 straight days of wounds/deaths and I felt like this could use a bumpage for future and current occurrences.
                Royal Chief of Medicine
                Patron of the Embinders

Comment

Nah. I was targeting myself to show where there might be confusion for other people too, as sometimes it's just easier to talk about one's own character than take a chance of offending anyone on accident. At any rate, I was grateful for the bumpage and clarifications
                  Apprentice Embinder
                  Apprentice Stylist
                  Duelist

Mistress of Entertainments
                  Royal Artist
                  Secretary to Lady Sinvy
                  Seeker of the Faith

Squire to Dame Galatea
                  Virtuoso of the Unity

Comment

My death the other day left me feeling rather disappointed. I went with realism of it, and the subsequent death penalties left me feeling severely shortsticked on the whole scene. If i had to do it again though, I would have done it the same way, It's supposed to suck to die. And it does.

Walk into the room, Even had a sword IN MY HAND ready to hit someone.
                    *blinded* "Fu#K!" cant find target.
                    zapped - Serious chest injury.
                    Slammed myself backwardly with the force of the lightning bolt, into the wall. It was serious after all. (see above)
                    someone else got zapped,
                    *still waiting for the blind timer, fumbling for a duck call somewhere*

*timer runs out*
                    *dodges a zap*
                    *blows duckcall*
                    Zapped, failed dodge, Gravely wounded, fell into a smoking barely breathing heap.
                    Zapped again, didnt try to dodge, was unconscious.
                    Dead. -1 thrust -1 teanga combat and language, I dont feel lucky as OP said to feel. -.- Rather have lost that random tattooist i had, and an "Advance" dead skill. Then i'd have felt lucky.

I think I did it realistically and by the rules presented to me at the time. It just seems to be a bit odd, that in the time someone can cast a blind and 4 lightning bolts, I can exhale once into a duck call.

The point is, I can understand why some people would temporarily ignore injury now, just so everything doesn't feel all one sided. Doesn't mean do it though, especially in the Healing phase of the aftermath.

In josie's case, after 5 days of her ten, i'd probably start acting like i feel much better. Not 100%, but half the damage is gone. 9 days in, barely bothered, 90% healed. It does bother me that people that are healing, act as if the damage is 100% up until the day the bandage magically peels the injury off leaving perfect repair behind, injury still stuck to the bandage. Healing is a process. Feel the heal over time.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptaliesin View Post
                      Walk into the room, Even had a sword IN MY HAND ready to hit someone.
                      *blinded* "Fu#K!" cant find target.
                      zapped - Serious chest injury.
                      Slammed myself backwardly with the force of the lightning bolt, into the wall. It was serious after all. (see above)
                      someone else got zapped,
                      *still waiting for the blind timer, fumbling for a duck call somewhere*

*timer runs out*
                      *dodges a zap*
                      *blows duckcall*
                      Zapped, failed dodge, Gravely wounded, fell into a smoking barely breathing heap.
                      Zapped again, didnt try to dodge, was unconscious.
                      Dead. -1 thrust -1 teanga combat and language, I dont feel lucky as OP said to feel. -.- Rather have lost that random tattooist i had, and an "Advance" dead skill. Then i'd have felt lucky.

I think I did it realistically and by the rules presented to me at the time. It just seems to be a bit odd, that in the time someone can cast a blind and 4 lightning bolts, I can exhale once into a duck call.
                      Without revealing too much "secret IC information" about how various magics work; I didn't realize you could still use magic attacks while maintaining a blindness curse. Certain magic abilities have to be continually "channeled" to keep them in effect, and they prevent use of other spells while doing so. That ability was likely a coding oversight and has been amended.
                      StoryHost Kurzon
                      Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon@marrach.skotos.net

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Aptaliesin View Post
                        The point is, I can understand why some people would temporarily ignore injury now, just so everything doesn't feel all one sided. Doesn't mean do it though, especially in the Healing phase of the aftermath.

In josie's case, after 5 days of her ten, i'd probably start acting like i feel much better. Not 100%, but half the damage is gone. 9 days in, barely bothered, 90% healed. It does bother me that people that are healing, act as if the damage is 100% up until the day the bandage magically peels the injury off leaving perfect repair behind, injury still stuck to the bandage. Healing is a process. Feel the heal over time.
                        I agree with your second point - feel free to "improve" over the healing process. That's the point. You're supposed to act as though you're "Healing". As a healer we give you a recovery time for a reason - spread out how you recover over that period. We don't expect you to be:

Day 0: I'm feeling horrible and near dead
                        Day 1: I'm feeling horrible and near dead
                        Day 2: I'm feeling horrible and near dead
                        Day 3: I'm feeling horrible and near dead
                        Day 4: I'm feeling horrible and near dead
                        Day 5: I'm feeling horrible and near dead
                        Day 6: I'm feeling horrible and near dead
                        Day 7: I'm feeling horrible and near dead
                        Day 8: I'm feeling horrible and near dead
                        Day 9: I'm feeling horrible and near dead
                        Day 10 I'm suddenly better!

Feel free to roleplay! Have visitors, call the healers, get a checkup, drag yourself out after 2 days and poke a friend, etc etc etc. There's benefits to being wounded, nurse it for a while! You have a timeframe, use it!
                        Royal Chief of Medicine
                        Patron of the Embinders

Comment

Working...
                        X