Changes in the Air...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in the Air...

It’s the friendly neighborhood plotter posting yet again, although this time it’s not exactly the kind of news that folks like to post about.

My tenure as lead has come to an end and not because I am leaving nor, is it because I can not handle the job. Granted its taken me a couple weeks to get back to some of you on various issues, but that’s neither here nor there.

The plain truth of the matter is… Real Life has thrown me a curve ball the size of Texas and when you get something of that magnitude tossed in your face, there is no way to go about ignoring it. One must simply accept and do what must be done, and that is of course to prioritize the important aspects of living.

I am not going to go into detail of what is going on. My private life is exactly that, and although I have made a lot of friends here, there are just some things that are not necessary to divulge to the community. I will however say that although my online presence in the castle is non-existent as of right now, my love of the game is not going anywhere, nor will it be diverted to other games. Over the next couple weeks, I am working with the staff to give a few things closure or at least put things on temporary hold until I can once again pick them back up when real life time is much less demanding that it currently is. But for the next 4 to 6 months, as a plotter presence to the player community, I will be unreachable and anything that is sent in my direction will be redirected to the plotting staff and the new lead plotter who is taking my place.

Those things that have been sitting in my email box will be seen to, either by redirection or to be wrapped up via email then passed on to the appropriate staff members who will see to the completion of said projects.

In my short tenure as lead, I have seen a lot happen. I have seen the team become much more stable, better lines of communication open up, and even new staff members join to help promote a better gaming environment for the community. I have a lot of faith in the people I have worked with, and I hope that the rest of you will give them the same faith I have. These people who volunteer their time to improve the game are an exceptional group of people with varied personalities and abilities to contribute to the over all gaming experience each of you are a part of. There are new ‘things’ to be introduce just over the horizon, and I was privileged to work with some of these projects and people.

This is not a farewell, nor is it a final good bye. It is more like a leave of absence for an extended period of time. And as time permits, and the need to burn off steam comes along, I will continue to play my main character, once things have settled down in real life.

But now I ask you all to have faith in the people who will be replacing me as lead plotter for Castle Marrach.

Many of you may not know Storyplotter Geist, but I am sure some of you remember seeing him as a Coder. He was originally brought on staff as part of the development team for the castle as a ‘Builder’. But even before he joined the staff, I had the pleasure to actually do a lot of interactive RP with the player’s main character. He has the creative qualities of a mastermind plotter, the desire to achieve an entertaining and interactive story for the community, the initiative and drive to see the game improve for the betterment of the same community, and finally the same love we =all= have for this very unique game established by Skotos.

Additionally there is one other change that went into effect when I was leading the team. Something that was not exactly expressed to the community at large, and its something the plotting staff has agreed is a necessary change.

Storyplotter Kinbote is also a Co-lead Plotter, although he is listed under the development team in a Staff Thread. I will not go into details as to why the plotters developed two different plotting groups, but suffice to say that this is something that has been in the making for well over a year now. What I can say is this: I think everyone will enjoy the surprises that are about to be unveiled in the months and years to come.

So… without further hem-hawing about… I step down as Lead plotter and present you with SP Geist and SP Kinbote.

PS. Please give these two time to adjust to this public announcement. Those things that have been awaiting addressing in my own personal box will be forwarded and seen to over the next couple weeks, or at least answered as time permits.
    Reveur - The Day Dreaming Builder
    "Everything starts as somebody's daydream." - Larry Niven
    "The best way to travel is by means of imagination." - Unknown

Kalle quotes StoryBuilder Reveur casually, "Oh, right, I slayed them, no wonder they're not hungry. - Guests smile nervously at Rev."
Working...
X