Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staffing Changes For The New Year

Folks,

I wanted to let you all know that there has been a recent change to Castle Marrach Staff.

Beginning as of today, StoryHost Geist will be stepping down from the role of StoryHost of Castle Marrach Staff. We are immensely grateful for the contributions he's made to this game in his nine years as StoryHost, and he will be remaining on Castle Marrach Staff in the role of Lead StoryPlotter to continue pushing the game's plots and storylines, and playing his VPs. He will be resuming with this shortly, now that real-life dilemmas that were keeping him from the game have been resolved.

Due to more real-life availability to focus on the game, Skotos has asked of me to take on the role of StoryHost and to oversee Staff and the game community and try to keep the gears turning. In light of that, I will be instituting an "open door" policy for my office; as much as possible when I am online I will remain visible on the who list, and if there is a matter that needs my attention, you can bring it to me via pages. That said, the @assist and associated commands should still be the default line of communication with Staff, as our Skotos policies require us to record all player issues in the TAS system anyway, but if there is an issue you feel cannot or should not be @assisted about, you can bring it to me directly. That doesn't always mean I'm there, the @away command doesn't work for Staff bodies and I often remain logged in even when stepping away from my computer or leaving the house, so I may not be there even if the who list appears like it, and when I am, I may be otherwise occupied with other Staff matters. However I will do my best to get back to any concerns brought directly to me, and to do so promptly.

As for the status of the game, the remaining two weeks of December will admittedly be a quiet period. The Castle Marrach Discussion forums is a page consisting mostly of notices of players away on holiday break, which is normal for this time of year, and the who list of late has reflected that. Of course Staff and myself will still be around in game over the holidays so you're not alone, and we will be using the downtime as best we can to prepare some plots and events to start off the new year with a bang.

Amongst things on the horizon are the conclusions of the Hand of Five and Shadows plots and the start of another plot I can't discuss here, the reactivation of the Treasury and coin distribution with a new system that will hopefully be a little more generous to people attending and hosting events. The return of Boreas, Sicard and some other VPs are also scheduled, and Lady Amoret who was cast just earlier this week, as well as another new VP we're looking at casting and introducing to the game. There is also potentially another Royal Court in the first quarter of the new year and hopefully some activity regarding the Queen's Guard, and some other things that aren't yet confirmed enough to announce here.

And with that I'll let you get back to your playing.
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.

What he said.

::thumbs up::

StoryPlotter Geist
    geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

Working...
    X