Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Thinking of trying Castle Marrach again? Do so for Free!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of trying Castle Marrach again? Do so for Free!

Hello folk,

In years past, Skotos used to send out free one-month passes to CM for former players of Castle Marrach who might be interested in returning to the game. I'm pleased to announce this will be happening again presently.

For technical reasons, the method previously used to do this (a mass email to all registered skotos accounts) isn't a viable option right now, so players interested in this will have to take a small step on their own end to activate their free month. Instead of automatically receiving an email with a verification link, players interested in a free month of Castle Marrach will have to send an email to myself to request the month, preferably sent from the email they have registered with Skotos. The email must also include the name of your Skotos account. Upon sending the email to me, I will forward it to the techs at Skotos who should have your account up in a day or two.

This offer is valid throughout the month of March, and only applies to accounts that have been inactive for at least 3 months.

To those considering returning to Castle Marrach, this offer is being extended at this particular time for a reason: there's plenty going on in the Castle right now! Here's a look at a few things...
    • The mysterious dark elf Zaedra with her command of the Shadows and her strange Unseelie followers has her gaze set upon the Castle Marrach. What does she want and how will it affect Marrach?
    • The Master Trader Master Ali-Jahib has arrived in Castle Marrach and will commence trading shortly. The Master has many exciting and exotic wares to show this year.
    • Petitions are up, and Royal Court is just around the corner. There are plenty of petitions, and time yet to vote for them before the next Royal Court.
    • The new Villains Program allows you to apply for a premade, short term villain character and get StoryPoints for stirring up conflict in the Castle.
    • More things that I can't discuss here, because hey, I can't give away all my secrets.
    Last edited by Kurzon; 03-07-2015, 11:28 PM.
    StoryHost Kurzon
    Castle Marrach Staff

kurzon.marrach@outlook.com

The destiny of the world is determined less by the battles that are lost and won than by the stories it loves and believes in.
Working...
X