Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Selective Querying to Those Ladies of Virtue with Charitable Intent

Most Nobled and Gracious Ladies of Marrach;

I seek from amongst you those of the highest calibre that might humbly profer themselves to form together a group of women for conversing, companionship and the aspects of all things charitable in servitude to our Liege, the good Queen Vivienne.

Men need not apply.

There are but a few aspects of persona I require for consideration:

~ You must be given to a character that is both virtuous and discreet and abled to intellectually converse to a good degree;

~ As well, you should be talented in the arts of entertainment, language and abled to attend both private and public affairs with equal grace in the presence of the lesser ranked and most nobled alike as well as willing to share of such gifts as needed;

~ Neither must you be betrothed nor beholden to any single man, in any way; nor be given as such in temperment;

~ You must be committed to the aspects of charity, virtue and courtesy and above all else; be known as one loyal and beholden to the Crown.

Do inquire personally to me by Courier as you might have interest.

Sorcha
    Chronicler of the Court
    The yoke or the throne?

While I am intriqued and pleasured at the idea of a group of women of culture, virtue, sophistication and charitible nature, particularly if it is coupled with the desire to serve our Gracious Queen, I confess to a minor confusion about what one's romantic involvements (or lack thereof) might have to do with such a venture.

sera Astana
    Astana de'Lucien

Chief Scribe of the Chambers

Comment

Tis a good question and quite simple, in sooth, sera Astana.

Given the very nature and virtue of Love and those souls of a feminine persuasion who wouldst commit unto one for an eternal season of graces and vows thinking nary of themselves but only seeking to please him to whom they are utterly beholden; one could scarce think to intrude upon them to succor further efforts for the multitude when already theirs is perhaps the most charitable act of all.

For as many betrothals and courtships that so many souls are wont to experience in haste and repetition should indicate that some discord easily prevails amongst them and that some remedy should surely be sought; we wouldst not wish to further intrude upon their delicate nature leaving them instead to focus their attentions on the current one to whom they belong.

Thus.
      The yoke or the throne?

Comment

Ah, here we see the legendary impartiality of the Chroniclers at work.

"Men need not apply."

So nice to know the Angron's legacy is being so well kept.

A group of unattached seras talented in "the arts of entertainment, language and abled to attend both private and public affairs". I believe such a group has existed in the past. Were you perhaps part of The Red Garter Brigade, or do we have simply a desire to see their return? Knowing the Outer Bailey, I am sure such group is greatly missed.
        as written by,
        Dikirkib'Tuma

Comment

I know nothing of the Red Garter Brigade with which you seem to be so intimately familiar, in sooth. One notes that perhaps you could use a bit of charitable work, good ser, to keep your mind occupied with things other than questionable comparisons of your own times sadly past, to say nothing of your evidentally idle hands.

I find it ironic that of the Watch and the Chroniclers 'tis always the Chroniclers which are pointed at with regards to maintaining impartiality. It is nearly as if to say that one with the power to bind your body is not nearly as powerful as the one with the potential to bind your mind. Yet I digress.

Rest assured that having been trained rightly beneath the good Master Angron in all things, even he wouldst concur that where my vocation is thusly committed unto the aspects of impartiality in all matters regarding the Chronicles and keeping of events wherein I scribe; the substance of my soul, my heart and my mind are in no way required to be so.

Thus, my invitation stands as scribed.

Sorcha
          The yoke or the throne?

Comment

True to the point of the impartiality being based within only the chronicles. Though I believe there is another rule about guild membership. Is it the fact this new group would not be sanctioned that this rule is suchly ignored? If so, when might we get a chance to see a chronicler training in the healing arts? Surely such would be a great asset. Though that idea is a digression from your doble goal here to form together a group of women to "entertain".

As for the Red Garter Brigade, might I suggest seeking a rememberer? Else check the chronicles you keep. I believe such is your job, to keep a record of events of the castle. I do know you were awakened back when the triplets were roaming the halls. Perhaps ask Dariel as I believe they came across him one eve in the baths.

Though I would like to thank you for the offer of the services of this group you are founding, I personally will have no need for your group of unattached seras whom are skilled at entertaining.

As for my hands, they shall not be that idle in a short time. And the castle shall shake.
            as written by,
            Dikirkib'Tuma

Comment

This coming from a repeatedly cuckolded and decidedly promiscuous man. I wouldn't trust the commentary of one who allows himself to be fooled and used.

Comment

Ah, discrimination raises its ugly head. How nice to see the continued proliferation of all female guilds. Perhaps we will soon see the all red head guilds?

Or perhaps is it that the Chorniclor thinks that no man can look good in a skirt? Or keep his member sheathed enough to make the no romantic attachment's clause.

Or perhaps this is simply to gather those together who should better hang red lights outside their doors, and replace the portals with a turn-stile. Too much competition, so maybe an association can help to drive up prices.

Comment

So many complaints. No action.

Comment

Observations

Other than I can see no mention regarding profession of spiritual beliefs, this generally sounds more like the requirements to found a nunnery than a brothel.

Methinketh some men's foul vices colour their responses towards what they secretly hope this group would be purposed towards, and not what the proposer had in mind herself!

I read here the proposition states 'betrothed nor beholden to any single man, in any way'.

Mayhaps a few clarifications could be contemplated. I offer the following idle thoughts in both wry whimsy and earnest wonderment:
                    • Could an interested sera be beholden to multiple men?
                    • Could an interested sera be beholden to a married man?
                    • Does a simple pledge of troth or grant of favor from a ser, if it is recognized and returned, constitute being 'beholden,' or does this infer only more formal ties, such as marriage?
                    • Is this beholding of amorous nature solely, or do other oaths and ties (fraternal, servile or vocational) constitute a barring from this association? To wit: a pledge of service to an officer or superior who is a man? Or a beholding to oath-kin who are men?

Though I make presumption and possibly incorrect inference, the Querying might have desired to indicate 'beholden' (at least towards men) was not an issue of oaths nor associations beyond amorous, romantic or courting nature.

However, the gentle proposer then used the term 'beholden to the Crown,' which counter-infers the use of the term 'beholden' towards other right loyalties (such as to Her Majesty, Long May She Reign). Yet by this latter example, then the Court Chronicler herself hath issue with her own membership, since she holds her post upon the Great Chain from a Lord, and thusly, is beholden unto His Lordship the Lord Chamberlain.

Elsewise, I note curiously the restrictions do not specify bar a sera from being betrothed nor beholden to another sera. I am wondering if such a gathering of virtuous women (I refrain from using the term 'ladies,' for respect of those who do hold such title properly in the Court) would clarify and eloquently express a desire for chastity in all wise, from whatever temptation presented towards them, in guise masculine or distaff. For such chastity would be of the highest virtue, would it not?

Or, mayhaps I misunderstand, and amorous association with men (or women) is not barred, but only pledges of love's fidelity and loyalty?

In putting forth my queries, I apologize for any misunderstanding on my part. Mayhaps I turn too much upon the words of this single phrase?

Elsewise, a sororital affiliation to provide charities and services, and founded upon principles to uphold virtue sounds like a most wonderful institution!

In curiosity,

~ ser Gareth
                    ~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
                    ~ For Honour! For Glory!
                    ~ Onwards to Adventure!

Comment

Gentlemen;

Nunneries and Brothels?

I find it most amusing that with regards to one particular invitation to procure an innocent gathering of ladies, your postulations uttered forth would now deign us either to be whores or madonnas. And I shall maliciously leave it to your singular speculation as to ponder which bears truer, for the nature of men is to think as they will regardless of truth; to view only the linear where facets multiplicitously and circuitously predominate.

As such, I will make neither defense nor concurrence as to the nature of our gentle pursuits. I have thus chosen seven and have spake individually with those most charitable ranging from a spirited and comely Outer Bailey lass to one most talented and gracious who is ranked higher even than I. All are in harmony unto the same thinking and belief, and thus we shall meet as proposed and employ unto this castle those works we perceive most benevolent, whether it is in quiet entertainment, wickedness unspeakable or delivery of goods to the less fortunate we leave to your subjective renderings.

But it is certain that it should be known that we are not among those to be so easily swayed by idle musings or assumption; as if consensus could e're in truth persuade from that which we hold as goodness, or that by charmed imaginings and insinuation you could hope to discover that which, by nature and will, we unapologetically and uncompromisingly are.

I thank the rest of you for your petitions; this group is now closed.

Sorcha
                      The yoke or the throne?

Comment

I will take this time now to bid all women, Lady, Mistress and common sera alike good luck in this venture.

Strength to your quests.

-Master Garrik Peters
                        To conquer without risk, is to succeed without glory

Comment

I humbly thank the Court Chronicler for her delicately worded response. The mystery remains.

Not beholden upon an answer,

~ ser Gareth
                          ~ Gareth Beaumains ~

~ For Love! For Valour!
                          ~ For Honour! For Glory!
                          ~ Onwards to Adventure!

Comment

Well, I know what a Nunnery is, and have heard tales of Brothels. I've yet to met this Madonna you speak of though. I know I certainly made no attempt to think this group anything beyond what it has claimed to be.

The bias of "this poster" against men, is quite obvious from her comment the nature of men to think as they will regardless of truth. No wonder there are so few male chroniclers. I know I would not wish to work for someone whom felt I could not do my job because I possess parts different to their own.

"quiet entertainment, wickedness unspeakable or delivery of goods to the less fortunate"
                            as written by,
                            Dikirkib'Tuma

Comment

Actually, the Chroniclers, if you recall, used to be entirely of men. His Gracious Lordship, Sir Launfal sponsored it, and it was run -quite well- by only two men, now Purse-Bearer Andrew and now Master Angron. As time went on, the competency of these gentlemen was recognized and they were promoted. It is purely coincidence there are now so many female chroniclers. The men have retired to their rooms.

Ravelyn

Comment

Working...
                              X