Announcement

Collapse

Co-Lo Stability Problems

Unfortunately, our co-lo had some stability problems Friday morning.

First up, they lost all of their connectivity to the facility that holds all of our games. This took them about 40 minutes to diagnose and a bit longer to restore.

Much more astonishingly, they rebooted all of their machines (which means all of our machines) while they were fixing the problem, with no notice. This probably had minimal repercussions on the SkotOS games (Marrach, Ironclaw, Lazarus, and Lovecraft). There may have been a rollback of an hour or two.

TEC and Grendel's Revenge are more troublesome. TEC will suffer a rollback of 10 hours, to midnight (PT) last night, since the unannounced reboot happened one hour before the next backups. GR suffered a more complete failure. We're being forced to restore the entire machine from its backups, then we'll need to restore the game from the backups stored within that backup. The lineup of dates look promising (which is how we laid them out, 'lo these many years ago), so the hope is that we'll only suffer a 7 hour rollback, to the 3am (PT) game backup, but it's a bit dicey at the moment.

Apologies for the inconvenience; we're now making sure everything is stable, and we're looking into whether our most recent upgrades to TEC will support increasing the backups to every 6 hours.

Edit: The GR problem is proving even more intractable than hoped. As best I can tell, our colo is still having some issues because I can't boot the first restore I made of GR and I can't build a new node either. I expect this will just clear when they get their act together, but in the meantime I'm not able to get GR back online until they fix these problems.
See more
See less

Royal Army Open Practices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Army Open Practices

Greetings Castle Denizenry,

Be advised, the Royal Army of Marrach holds general martial practices open to all respectful, lawful castle denizenry wishing to train for recreational or educational purposes to study the blade.

These practices are held weekly in the Practice Hall at the following times:
    • Sun's Days at 4 late hosted by Lieutenant Adahn
    • Moon's Days at 7 late hosted by Captain Galatea
    • Tui's Days at 10.30 early hosted by Lieutenant Natasha
    • Frey's Days at 3 late hosted by Captain Galatea
    Dame Galatea Raines,
    Captain of the Queen's Regular Army
    Last edited by Galatea; 12-04-2017, 12:11 PM.
    "I am not afraid, I was born to do this."

"One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.
    "

*brought forward*
    You need power only when you want to do something harmful, otherwise love is enough to get everything done. ~~Charlie Chaplin~~
    No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow. ~~Proverb~~

Comment

Originally posted by Galatea View Post
      • Tui's Days at 8lb hosted by Dame Galatea
      This is commencing presently.

"One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying.
      "

Comment

Tonight's scheduled practice will be starting at the top of the bell.

"

Comment

*repinned*

The above listed times are still current and occurring regularly.

"

Comment

• Tui's Days at 8 late hosted by Dame Galatea
            This shall take place tonight as usual.

"

Comment

• Frey's Days at 8 late hosted by Dame Galatea
              This will be tonight.

"

Comment

As usual, this commences this evening.

"

Comment

*repinned*

"

Comment

This shall be commencing as scheduled, in half a bell.

"

Comment

As usual...

"

Comment

Mine will be tonight at 8 late, starting in the -Lecture Hall-, and is a time to ask questions and learn a bit more about the responsibilities of a member of the Royal Army.

All are welcome.

Lieutenant Adahn Macadre

Comment

Tonight as scheduled.

"

Comment

*repinned*

"

Comment

An impromptu practice hosted by myself is taking place presently until interest wanes. This will be in place of my Frey's evening practice tomorrow night, which I may not be able to hold.

Dame Galatea Raines,
                              Captain of the Queen's Regular Army

"

Comment

Working...
                              X