Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whispered Rumors...

Whispered Rumors...

OOC: Rumors are slippery things. Truths, half-truths, or out-right lies: who can tell? Nevertheless, they are good seeds for roleplay, so have fun.

Want to spread a rumor? Give your plot a kick by spreading a juicy nugget of information (or misinformation) anonymously by simply typing: @rumor "[insert your rumor here]" in your parser.

Please do not respond to rumors in this thread. Start a new thread if you want to comment on one of the posted rumors or - better yet - do it ICly in the game.
    -StoryTrainee Yuuta
    StoryPlotter in training

Did you see Brynden sharing whispers with that redhead? No..the other redhead...no the -other- redhead.

Did ya hear? Apparently Memphis, or Halia, or whatever she's calling herself these days was knocked to the floor, and found dead. I have no clue who the culprit is, but it could be any number of her jilted lovers, or that girl Lourdes, who called her a slut in front of members of Court.

Brook certainly does spend a lot of time in the Outer Bailey for a woman of the Court, holding painting classes and wandering around to socialize. Didn't Doctor Diana get in trouble for the very same thing, despite actually teaching important skills while she was visiting? Speaking of Doctor Diana .... what hole did they drop her in to make her disappear?

I heard Master Jeffery is so insecure in his ability to succeed in the Knight's challenge that he's trying to bed the female Squires and paint them in a poor light beforehand to get the upper edge. The problem is when you make a whore of someone else, you make a whore of yourself simultaneously.

The lot of us are just pawns in the newest game of chess between the Lord Chancellor and the Lord Marshal. But...

...Check and mate. The defection of the Watch, the rebuilding of the Army, and now absorption of martial guilds and this new Ranger organization announced at Royal Court. The Lord Marshal has returned and taken the offensive in the age-old struggle between the Army and Chancery for dominance over the Keep. The ball is in Boreas' court now.

So the Chambers and the Heralds are left floundering for leadership... the Heralds are the worse for it though.

Absorbing the Watch, arming its new Army with heavy armor and weaponry, creating the Rangers, and now taking ownership of martial guilds as well? The Army's influence has rapidly expanded since the defection of the Provost and her men a few moons past. Is this the makings of a coup? And if so, why?

I wonder how this new martial regime feels about the Conclave? I wonder how the Conclave feels about this new martial regime?

The Inquisition seems to the Boreas' last line of defense against a Royal Army that now holds martial supremacy over the keep. But they say there is nothing more dangerous than a cornered animal.

Did anyone else see the particular glance Alrik gave, when he made mention that Eeva should succeed him should he die *by any means*? Is he expecting a dagger from the Inquisition, perhaps? And if so, does he believe this announcement at Court will stop Boreas from out-politicking it should he make his counter move?

Meryl has been telling people that once she has her restraints removed, she'll be welcomed back as Royal Herald. I don't think she knows what "stripped of titles and rank" means... Maybe she should have asked the fallen Knight, Sir Cyril.

Noticeably absent from this court was His Royal Highness, Prince Bertram. His Excellency and the Royal Wizard are said to be working together to resolve his "illness", but I have my doubts...

Also absent from Court was the Royal Chamberlain, Sir Launfal. Sir Donovon, in his stead, did an excellent job with proceedings. Could a new Chamberlain be in store after all this time?

The Major has a lot of power now... careful what you say, and how it could be interpreted... Careful who you trust, too.

The future was once revealed and She struggles to prevent it. But where one future She was alone, now She has many. Should we, the denizens of Marrach, worry that the future could now be worse... for us?

The Duelists are hosting a Tournament. I wonder who will come out Victor... er I mean victorious?
    -StoryTrainee Yuuta
    StoryPlotter in training

Comment

Working...
    X