Announcement

Collapse

ZEALOTRY Users: Critical Notice on Continued Use

Edit: Our new HTML5 client (Orchil) is now open for beta testing in The Eternal City. Feel free to try give it a whirl at http://test.skotos.net/orchil/

Edit: We have made great strides toward a new HTML5 client, which should offer a replacement to Zealotry. We're hoping to release that in the very near future, but in the meantime, using Pale Moon remains the best method for ensuring there is zero interruption to your game playing during the transition.

As of November 14, Mozilla will be auto-updating all copies of Mozilla Firefox to Mozilla 57, a new edition of their browser that will disable all legacy add-ons. This will probably include the majority of the plug-ins that you use on Mozilla, including the Skotos Zealotry plug-in.

This is a big problem for us because Zealotry is the most stable of our clients at this time, and the one that we believe is in the widest use. There's unfortunately no easy way to update it, because we'd have to rewrite it from practically scratch, using their new programming system.

There are tricks that you could use to to prevent Mozilla updates, but we don't particularly suggest them, as you want to have a clean, secure browser. Fortunately, there are two alternative browsers that will support Zealotry. Each of them branched off of an earlier version of Mozilla Firefox, and each of them continues to be updated for important security issues.

Pale Moon Browser

The Pale Moon browser is our suggested replacement. It is a totally separate browser that branched off of Firefox some years ago. It will continue to support the classic plug-ins.

To install it:
  • Install Pale Moon (Windows & UNIX only)
  • Install the Zealotry XPI on Pale Moon
  • Restart the Pale Moon Browser
  • Play on Pale Moon

The official version of Pale Moon only supports Windows and UNIX, but you can also get a slightly less official version of Pale Moon for the Mac. We've tested it out and it looks like it's clean and works correctly, but use your own level of caution in working with the Mac variant.

If You Have Errors

Some users are experiencing "Content Encoding Errors" when using Pale Moon and Zealotry. As best we can tell, this is due to an incompatibility between Windows 8.1, Pale Moon, and Plugins. If you have this problem (or any other), we suggest instead using Mozilla's extended-release version of Firefox, which branched at Firefox 52. It's expected to remain supported until at least June 28, 2018, by which time Mozilla is planning to jump their ESR to a post-plugin phase. This is therefore a short-term solution, but we expect to have full release of our New HTML5 client well before that.

To install it:
The Big Picture

Our larger-scale goal is to introduce a new client that will be usable on any browser and make our games generally more accessible. We've had a HTML5 client in process since last year, but are currently hitting roadblocks that make a deployment before November 14 problematic. We've also just started a second project, which would be more specifically focused as a Zealotry replacement, without worries about new bells or new whistles. Both of these possibilities are being done out-of-house, by Skotos players, but they're receiving our highest level of attention for whatever support they need, as this is all our top priority.

So, consider this a short-term fix, but in the meantime if you use Zealotry, please download one of the alternative browsers and test them out ASAP.
See more
See less

Whispered Rumors...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whispered Rumors...

Whispered Rumors...

OOC: Rumors are slippery things. Truths, half-truths, or out-right lies: who can tell? Nevertheless, they are good seeds for roleplay, so have fun.

Want to spread a rumor? Give your plot a kick by spreading a juicy nugget of information (or misinformation) anonymously by simply typing: @rumor "[insert your rumor here]" in your parser.

Please do not respond to rumors in this thread. Start a new thread if you want to comment on one of the posted rumors or - better yet - do it ICly in the game.
    -StoryPlotter Yuuta

It's almost tangible. I can feel the tension in the air. Have you noticed how all His Excellency has to do is turn those searing angry eyes at the servants and they almost trip on themselves trying to get out of his way. Is it my imagination or is he more angry than usual ? I'd stay out of his way if I were you.

I hear that Mistress Lilly has her eyes on the Chamberlain spot. She thinks Lady Chamberlain has a nice sound to it.

Seems that Josie was very close with Brynden. Her heart heals fast!

Mistress Wilena and Juliana were 'married' by that little minx of a fairy, and Master Aratan's expression was nothing short of scandalous!

Speaking of that fairy, I heard a rumor that said if you give her a really pretty trinket, good things are sure to come to you. It's good luck, I hears!

I hear that Ignoia is robbing the Prince blind! Can you imagine?! All those wigs...

Did you hear hats are coming into style in the Winter Court? The new courtier Natasha has taken it upon herself to wear many of them.

Did you see all the commotion with the black clad gnomes? Smoke bombs being thrown, a threatening note, and one was even seen to be armed! Just what exactly has gotten into the playful tinkerers?

Have you heard the banging coming from upstairs? Sounds like the Alchemist is working and something isn't going the way He wants! So much angry banging and furious shouting!!

Seems that all Virtues were cast aside for Sassa. No one will give her any kind of Charity, and some of our newly dawned need more help with this than others, we need to remember this.

I hear the armoury is now confiscating 'toy' weapons! Specifically a crossbow with needles as its ammunition, I hear it comes from the gnomes.

Many are calling the gnomish incident an invasion, if it is I think its one of the cutest ever seen, cause did you see the 'weapons' they carry? It's adorable.

Gnome invasion? Personally, I think the potatoes were more of a threat...

There are tiny purple footprints, which lead straight to the outer clothier room, its anyone's guess what these little guys are actually up to, but that room was a disaster, Ermengarde would have wept to see it.

The Gnomes are busy as of late. Guard the statues. Next thing you know they will start moving the statues around. His Highness Stag Statue might end up in the western courtyard. And who knows what they will move next.

The creaks and groans in the castle are becoming noticeably louder. Could there be something amiss below ? Something those below are afraid to reveal to us? Or perhaps keeping from us. Rumor has it that those below are building new tunnels all under the castle. Tunnels that give access to every area in the castle.

Speaking of the Under Bailey, their lot hasn't been seen in the previous week or so. I wonder why?

Lord Mirshan is looking for musicians, and perhaps, Lord Bernier's spot as most eligible male bachelor peer.
    -StoryPlotter Yuuta

Comment

Working...
    X