Maybe it's just me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe it's just me

Writ on the sixth day of the fifth moon of the eighteenth year by Ser Unique T. Zephyrus

Greetings fair denizens of Her Majesty's Castle

I understand that I an unconventional in many ways. Mine actions and natural inclinations often do not conform with the accepted paths of this castle. I have been making efforts to understand what is anticipated of me, and change my behavior as I deem appropriate. There are many parts of mine nature I've no desire to change and shall not pretend to transform for the comfort of others. It has recently come to my attention that I have unknowingly offended one person with mine actions. It was not until I received the embroidery of a pig upon my scarf, instead of the satyr that I requested, that I had any inclination that something was amiss. Only upon mine investigating did I then become informed it was a result of mine offense to another's sensibilities. Considering the rather large lack of response to my missives as of late I can only conclude that I am incidentally wronging a great many in this castle unknowingly. To which I must say, I am utterly flabbergasted. If I am not informed of my wrongdoings how am I meant to be aware and correct mine actions? It is not my nature to air my grievances so publicly but I know not what I am meant to do. I struggle, still, to squeeze as much enjoyment as I can out of mine days and urge myself to depart from my lodgings. Yet it feels all for naught. Mayhaps t'is my destiny to irk all in some manner and fade into a dreamless slumber for the rest of mine days. In truth, I am unsure why I have bothered to write this scroll which I shall be walking to the lecture hall, momentarily, and then tack upon a board. I would be surprised if it were not lost in the daily shuffling of sheets that occurs so vigorously.

How do I sign this?

Ser Unique T. Zephyrus
    Pewter Unity Something?
    Ser Unique Zephyrus
    Pewter Unity Pin
    Established Guest

If a man is worth impressing, he will confront you when he has a problem with you. If he does not, his opinion cannot be said to matter.

Don't grovel before cowards.

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - but for severe ones they cannot."
    - Niccolo Machiavelli

"The weak tend to cling to words as their only defense, while those of us with strength end up dieing trying to protect them - being weak is a sin."
    - Prince Isley

Comment

(ooc: Presuming, since there is no signature, the above response is unsigned. Please PM me if this is an incorrect assumption, and I will alter this post.)

To the writer of the above declaration:

Thank you for this reminder of the path of dignity for all human-kind, of short or endless life.

We are naught meant to grovel at the feet of others, naught meant to be the playthings of others, seeking vague approval for reasons we know naught and towards ends naught our own; but to stand uprightly, to be ourselves in all of our unique beauty, honour and valour; to stand against the vague detractors of all time who may wish to call us down, naught with disfavour and honest education of wrongdoings, but with lack of acknowledgement, entirely, to a murmuring level of dark, vague and empty hatred.

There is another way; the way of all good and true beings:

To be honest, forthright, and peace-loving; and to make our way in this, through every thing.

You have once kept me from endless sleep, my dear friend, Unique; please seek me should you need solace, friendship or kindness, and I will do all I may to help you. I have learned, firstly from you:

We are naught as alone and abandoned as we may think, lost in the vague darkness of our minds, unless we stay and retreat into that darkness, alone and abandoned.

To the other good and true denizens of this realm:

We ~ the former writer and I ~ are now two, at least, who care, who will support our fellow man with our own voices in honest truth and naught tear others down in bitter, idle and arbitrary opinion; and I call forth to the good and true people herein to support my friend in his time of despair, as I have since found others who have cared, lifted and supported me in my times of need, who have sought to guide and protect me while I remain the kindhearted, truthful and peaceful being I am, have been since my Dawning, and wish to remain despite all detractors and ill-will.

I know you are out there. Please speak ~ here, or privately, as you deem fitting.

Sassa Elvari,
      Poetess / Wordsmith

Aspirant Teacher, LPA
      Harlequin, The Unity of the Arts

Poetry is the art of falling in love with minutiae.
      Debate is the art of wielding one's mind and tongue.
      ~ S.E.

Comment

Working...
      X