Announcement

Collapse

ZEALOTRY Users: Critical Notice on Continued Use

Edit: Our new HTML5 client (Orchil) is now open for beta testing in The Eternal City and Grendel's Revenge. Feel free to try give it a whirl at http://test.skotos.net/orchil/

Edit: We have made great strides toward a new HTML5 client, which should offer a replacement to Zealotry. We're hoping to release that in the very near future, but in the meantime, using Pale Moon remains the best method for ensuring there is zero interruption to your game playing during the transition.

As of November 14, Mozilla will be auto-updating all copies of Mozilla Firefox to Mozilla 57, a new edition of their browser that will disable all legacy add-ons. This will probably include the majority of the plug-ins that you use on Mozilla, including the Skotos Zealotry plug-in.

This is a big problem for us because Zealotry is the most stable of our clients at this time, and the one that we believe is in the widest use. There's unfortunately no easy way to update it, because we'd have to rewrite it from practically scratch, using their new programming system.

There are tricks that you could use to to prevent Mozilla updates, but we don't particularly suggest them, as you want to have a clean, secure browser. Fortunately, there are two alternative browsers that will support Zealotry. Each of them branched off of an earlier version of Mozilla Firefox, and each of them continues to be updated for important security issues.

Pale Moon Browser

The Pale Moon browser is our suggested replacement. It is a totally separate browser that branched off of Firefox some years ago. It will continue to support the classic plug-ins.

To install it:
  • Install Pale Moon (Windows & UNIX only)
  • Install the Zealotry XPI on Pale Moon
  • Restart the Pale Moon Browser
  • Play on Pale Moon

The official version of Pale Moon only supports Windows and UNIX, but you can also get a slightly less official version of Pale Moon for the Mac. We've tested it out and it looks like it's clean and works correctly, but use your own level of caution in working with the Mac variant.

If You Have Errors

Some users are experiencing "Content Encoding Errors" when using Pale Moon and Zealotry. As best we can tell, this is due to an incompatibility between Windows 8.1, Pale Moon, and Plugins. If you have this problem (or any other), we suggest instead using Mozilla's extended-release version of Firefox, which branched at Firefox 52. It's expected to remain supported until at least June 28, 2018, by which time Mozilla is planning to jump their ESR to a post-plugin phase. This is therefore a short-term solution, but we expect to have full release of our New HTML5 client well before that.

To install it:
The Big Picture

Our larger-scale goal is to introduce a new client that will be usable on any browser and make our games generally more accessible. We've had a HTML5 client in process since last year, but are currently hitting roadblocks that make a deployment before November 14 problematic. We've also just started a second project, which would be more specifically focused as a Zealotry replacement, without worries about new bells or new whistles. Both of these possibilities are being done out-of-house, by Skotos players, but they're receiving our highest level of attention for whatever support they need, as this is all our top priority.

So, consider this a short-term fix, but in the meantime if you use Zealotry, please download one of the alternative browsers and test them out ASAP.
See more
See less

Whispered Rumors...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whispered Rumors...

Whispered Rumors...

OOC: Rumors are slippery things. Truths, half-truths, or out-right lies: who can tell? Nevertheless, they are good seeds for roleplay, so have fun.

Want to spread a rumor? Give your plot a kick by spreading a juicy nugget of information (or misinformation) anonymously by simply typing: @rumor "[insert your rumor here]" in your parser.

Please do not respond to rumors in this thread. Start a new thread if you want to comment on one of the posted rumors or - better yet - do it ICly in the game.
    -StoryPlotter Yuuta

What were Lieutenant Natasha and Mistress Theresa going on about that made Master Trisan so uncomfortable? I did not hear anything covert being said.

I heard the saucy female servant and the bearded courier have been spending an awful lot of time together behind the stage curtains!

Lieutenant Natasha was pushing her weight around with some bald stranger! Even going so far as to make him strip in front of members of the Inner Bailey!

Watch out for stray golden apples! Prelinah was seen tossing them in various places, and their effects are... unpredictable.

The Lord Chamberlain, Sir Launfal, has returned to the waking. And not a moment too soon! With an influx of returning and new guests this moon, he and his office are going to have their hands full updating records!

Speaking of returning guests, did you get a load of that Masked Man? The man know as Lahderic told an elaborate story, acting the part of a man trapped under a sentient mask, while using the enchanted mask to goad individuals into reflecting on their own morality. It wasn't until threatened with a bewitching charge that he backed off, but the damage had been done. Many were left reflecting on their thoughts, but many more applauded the man's act. I heard the chroniclers even tried to recruit him!

Rumor has it that Mistress Brook and Lieutenant Natasha have been courting in secret!

What how you smile at sera Sofya, she might just fall in love with you.

What was that talk in the courier station of people being "iced," anyway? Also, she sounded a little too excited when she insisted that loyalty to His Excellency is a great thing.

I heard the Unity wants to resume Master Quilp's nude calendar! I wonder who would be first in line to pose?
    After all this time, does anyone really know how powerful Mallegra is? She does a great job hiding it. Perhaps the other fledgling sorcerers should take note.

I wonder if Lord Boreas is aware that Lord Vestio was spreading information about His Highness's condition?
    Ser Rhomulus has become more and more difficult to understand, with that accent. I wonder if he's looking to invent a new language?

Elora was heard talking about applying for the Inquisition position.

Kobe has been telling the keep that the Prince is in a frozen dream state!

Dame Hannah and Lieutenant Adahn appeared quite close, following the Dame reawakening. Is there an old flame being kindled?

Apparently sera Roisine can also be known as ser Richard, according to some.

Upon returning to the waking, sera Euphelia showed no contempt for Sir Howe becoming Dean of the Royal Collegium, and instead appeared relieved!

Rumor has it that Her Majesty has been calling many of Her subjects from rest back to the waking, and the call has been heard by a great number. Old faces like Gareth, Ra'Dorcha, Sindale and Sir Darvius have been seen among the waking, just to name a few. Former speaker Jerisa, Dame Hannah, sera Isadora, and Master Aratan as well have been seen roaming the halls. There are a great many more waking every day, and one wonders what it could mean?

Huzzah! Ser Gareth (or Gareth the Exile as he's been introducing himself) has been waking again, and regaling the keep with tales of yore. I even saw the Duke and Duchess of Rumiss in conversation with him recently.

Some say that Sindale and Natasha are going to be a new "thing", while other murmur she coyly avoided his advcances.

The Masked Man made a point to say that Euphelia "wears the pants" in the relationship with Master Aratan. Master Aratan did not argue.

Want to have breakfast on the bridge? Sera Natasha has set a trend of holding the popular social on a regular!
    I wonder if Lord Boreas knows that Dame Hannah and Sir Darvius are welcoming ser Gareth, the Exile, so readily and publicly?

I heard ser Mitsuko saying he likes to sniff the wrappings of the newly dawned! Suddenly the wrappings from the alter are also missing!

Many saw The Masked Man, Lahderic, walk into the Garden Society office and order a single rose to be sent to Mistress Wilena! Despite warnings that she'd likely slit his throat before allowing herself to be wooed by him, the very next day they were seen having a cozy chat in the dining hall!

Sera Elora was telling everyone that Lord Vestio does not want Lahderic finding out about his secrets, telling his servants that if they "played his game" they would be kicked from his House. I wonder what he's hiding?

An old sorcerer has reawoken; which of them do you think is next? I bet the one with the harp.

Lieutenant Adahn has been itching for a spar lately, so if you want practice head to him.

I wonder why Lahderic never questioned Euphelia during his game? All I know is I saw him leaving the Clock Tower with her, looking rather flushed!

Speaking of the Chroniclers, they've seen new life since sera Euphelia's return, with a few junior chroniclers brought into the fold and a number of chronicles being added to the records. It's always good to see history being recorded!

Rumors are going around that Duke Lucus is recruiting members for the Conclave, like ser Rhomulus. Sera Sofya also expressed interest in "visiting below".

Speaking of the Conclave, their presence has been visible once again, with the Duke and Duchess visiting often. In toe, Atmos and Seach, also repeated envoys to the surface, have been mingling with the Outer Bailey. I wonder if trade will begin between the duchy and the keep?

Duchess Oriana has been holding a rather curious book, that some said had a odd glimmer about it. Perhaps a trick of light.

With the waking of so many old and new guests, and the castle's halls and offices once again bustling with activity, the quiet of the keep has passed. Smiles and laughter, games and bells, all being enjoyed again within the bolstered populace. Each day is bringing a new surprise!

-StoryPlotter Yuuta

Comment

Working...
    X