Announcement

Collapse

Co-Lo Stability Problems

Unfortunately, our co-lo had some stability problems Friday morning.

First up, they lost all of their connectivity to the facility that holds all of our games. This took them about 40 minutes to diagnose and a bit longer to restore.

Much more astonishingly, they rebooted all of their machines (which means all of our machines) while they were fixing the problem, with no notice. This probably had minimal repercussions on the SkotOS games (Marrach, Ironclaw, Lazarus, and Lovecraft). There may have been a rollback of an hour or two.

TEC and Grendel's Revenge are more troublesome. TEC will suffer a rollback of 10 hours, to midnight (PT) last night, since the unannounced reboot happened one hour before the next backups. GR suffered a more complete failure. We're being forced to restore the entire machine from its backups, then we'll need to restore the game from the backups stored within that backup. The lineup of dates look promising (which is how we laid them out, 'lo these many years ago), so the hope is that we'll only suffer a 7 hour rollback, to the 3am (PT) game backup, but it's a bit dicey at the moment.

Apologies for the inconvenience; we're now making sure everything is stable, and we're looking into whether our most recent upgrades to TEC will support increasing the backups to every 6 hours.

Edit: The GR problem is proving even more intractable than hoped. As best I can tell, our colo is still having some issues because I can't boot the first restore I made of GR and I can't build a new node either. I expect this will just clear when they get their act together, but in the meantime I'm not able to get GR back online until they fix these problems.
See more
See less

[A Drawing Pinned to the Boards]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [A Drawing Pinned to the Boards]

[Pinned to the boards at top and bottom is a scroll bearing a questionable charcoal sketch. The vast majority of this sketch is essentially a formless mound of shaded lumps, likening to a butcher's midden. However, there are multiple spots where intended shapes have been drawn in varying detail. Near the middle part of the pile are two smaller shapes; one is an ermine, the other is a unified knot of five intersecting spheres. Two boots poke out from under the pile, the toes shaded smoothly as though metal. On the lower third, two straight pieces are left un-meaty; one a club, marked with an ermine, the other a scabbarded sword similarly marked. On the upper third, two protuberances are prominent. To the right of the page, the projection is looped by, perhaps wearing, a ring. On the page's left side, the out-jutting appendage is but stump. Near to the center of the top of this thing is a face. They eyes are oblong, but soft beneath an arching brow. A nose below seems to fit the idea of the heap better; it is just slightly crooked. The mouth is more firmly added, with thick lips pursed in concentration. Words are written along the bottom of the page, giving some modicum of explanation to this inexplicable creation: 'Tyr the Wall of Meat Shield'.]

Don't you people ever get tired of your pointless drawings and unsigned scrolls. Methinks you should find something to do with your life, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
    X