Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awakener's Story Submissions

First Submission - ser Meoris

I was wandering, trying to make sense of the quest I had been given, when I heard a young sera's soft voice asking if she could be of any assistance. I looked up from my book into a wonderful pair of amber eyes. At that moment, I felt a click inside my chest, when something I didn't even know was missing snapped properly into place.

This is something I would always wish to remember, for it was the moment that I met her.
    Taite Morrison
    -Seeker in Natura Balanus
    -Senior Awakener
    - Unity

Second Submission - sera Taite

I awoke a few days after magical creatures escaped from Princess Maeve's book. Aside from seeing a pink dragon, the stag and the elephant, I met my first friend.

The first day that I had seen the spider-pup, someone was covered in spider webbing, and she was attacking ser Brohm's cloak. I later heard stories of her terrorizing the castle and interrupting classes. On this day, the spider pup would not leave the ser alone. She refused to go to anyone else.

The courtyard had a handful of denizens, and we were all trying to coax the spider pup from ser Brohm. We tried calling it like we would Elmer. Someone started singing Princess Maeve's song 'Do your ears hang low?' Every song they sang, the spider pup didn't respond to until I sang 'The itsy bitsy spider, went up the water spout.' Instantly, the spider pup looked at me, and walked to my side. I kept singing.

From that moment on, I was so excited to see her. She would cause mischief on the bridge, and then sit on my lap and look at me as if she had done nothing wrong. How could you resist the puppy dog eyes on a spider pup? I would tickle her tummy and she would flop onto her back with her eight legs wobbling everywhere.

The last day I saw her, I was in the dining hall on my way to the practice hall, and I asked her if she wanted to come with. She followed me to the practice hall, and along with a few other creatures that escaped from the book, she left.

I didn't realize until later what had happened. She had been captured. I thought she left like she normally did, but she never came back.

A couple days later, a fairy appeared to me with my toy spider pup. She was my first friend that I had made at the castle, and now her memory will forever be immortalized by a toy. To this day, when I feel lonely or upset, she keeps me company
    Last edited by Taite; 05-07-2018, 01:55 PM.
    Taite Morrison
    -Senior Awakener
    - Unity

Comment

Third Submission - ser Anton

I recall being given a tour of the castle by a ser Temor and a brief lesson in the Castle's history. How parts were built at different times, but also the social structure of the Castle was formed. He was the first to show me the Great Chain, but tell me the difference between Intristic and Job rank. Something not too familiar to when one does newly awake.
      Taite Morrison
      -Senior Awakener
      - Unity

Comment

Fourth Submission - Initiate Ra'Dorcha

The cloaked figure and the naughty hopeful

Back before the second winter ball, a strange man prowled the halls. Carrying a staff and wearing a cloak that concealed his identity, he sought to make deals with those of us that had been awakened. He was the first we had seen wearing such a cloak. Stories of him walking out of walls quickly spread in days when we knew not of any secret passages.

One day, a young, hopeful named Ra'Dorcha came across this mysterious man talking with then Watchman Gareth. Interested in all things magical, the hopeful began to closely take a look at this staff. Trying to remember every detail, his inspection caught the notice of the cloaked figure.

Annoyed at the hopeful's interruption of his trying to make a deal with the watchman, the man tapped his staff and in a flash, Ra'Dorcha found himself back in his room.

This memory stayed with me through the binding. It stayed with me when those bound more powerful than me faded away. Until I was responsible for all matters connected to sorcery but not left any instruction in what abilities were possible. Thus, when considering the subject of teleportation, it was clear what I wished to discover. I waited for the day when I too could teleport one that was an annoyance back to their room like the naughty little boy they were.
        Taite Morrison
        -Senior Awakener
        - Unity

Comment

Working...
        X