Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awakener's Story Submissions

First Submission - ser Meoris

I was wandering, trying to make sense of the quest I had been given, when I heard a young sera's soft voice asking if she could be of any assistance. I looked up from my book into a wonderful pair of amber eyes. At that moment, I felt a click inside my chest, when something I didn't even know was missing snapped properly into place.

This is something I would always wish to remember, for it was the moment that I met her.
    Taite Morrison
    - Seeker in Natura Balanus
    - Assistant Guild Leader of the Awakeners
    - Unity
    - Junior Page
    - Senior Seamstress
    - Battle Guild
    - Sculptor in the College of the Humanities

Second Submission - sera Taite

I awoke a few days after magical creatures escaped from Princess Maeve's book. Aside from seeing a pink dragon, the stag and the elephant, I met my first friend.

The first day that I had seen the spider-pup, someone was covered in spider webbing, and she was attacking ser Brohm's cloak. I later heard stories of her terrorizing the castle and interrupting classes. On this day, the spider pup would not leave the ser alone. She refused to go to anyone else.

The courtyard had a handful of denizens, and we were all trying to coax the spider pup from ser Brohm. We tried calling it like we would Elmer. Someone started singing Princess Maeve's song 'Do your ears hang low?' Every song they sang, the spider pup didn't respond to until I sang 'The itsy bitsy spider, went up the water spout.' Instantly, the spider pup looked at me, and walked to my side. I kept singing.

From that moment on, I was so excited to see her. She would cause mischief on the bridge, and then sit on my lap and look at me as if she had done nothing wrong. How could you resist the puppy dog eyes on a spider pup? I would tickle her tummy and she would flop onto her back with her eight legs wobbling everywhere.

The last day I saw her, I was in the dining hall on my way to the practice hall, and I asked her if she wanted to come with. She followed me to the practice hall, and along with a few other creatures that escaped from the book, she left.

I didn't realize until later what had happened. She had been captured. I thought she left like she normally did, but she never came back.

A couple days later, a fairy appeared to me with my toy spider pup. She was my first friend that I had made at the castle, and now her memory will forever be immortalized by a toy. To this day, when I feel lonely or upset, she keeps me company
    Last edited by Taite; 05-07-2018, 02:55 PM.
    Taite Morrison
    - Unity
    - Junior Page
    - Senior Seamstress
    - Battle Guild

Comment

Third Submission - ser Anton

I recall being given a tour of the castle by a ser Temor and a brief lesson in the Castle's history. How parts were built at different times, but also the social structure of the Castle was formed. He was the first to show me the Great Chain, but tell me the difference between Intristic and Job rank. Something not too familiar to when one does newly awake.
      Taite Morrison
      - Unity
      - Junior Page
      - Senior Seamstress
      - Battle Guild

Comment

Fourth Submission - Initiate Ra'Dorcha

The cloaked figure and the naughty hopeful

Back before the second winter ball, a strange man prowled the halls. Carrying a staff and wearing a cloak that concealed his identity, he sought to make deals with those of us that had been awakened. He was the first we had seen wearing such a cloak. Stories of him walking out of walls quickly spread in days when we knew not of any secret passages.

One day, a young, hopeful named Ra'Dorcha came across this mysterious man talking with then Watchman Gareth. Interested in all things magical, the hopeful began to closely take a look at this staff. Trying to remember every detail, his inspection caught the notice of the cloaked figure.

Annoyed at the hopeful's interruption of his trying to make a deal with the watchman, the man tapped his staff and in a flash, Ra'Dorcha found himself back in his room.

This memory stayed with me through the binding. It stayed with me when those bound more powerful than me faded away. Until I was responsible for all matters connected to sorcery but not left any instruction in what abilities were possible. Thus, when considering the subject of teleportation, it was clear what I wished to discover. I waited for the day when I too could teleport one that was an annoyance back to their room like the naughty little boy they were.
        Taite Morrison
        - Unity
        - Junior Page
        - Senior Seamstress
        - Battle Guild

Comment

Fifth Submission - Sera Karli

When I woke up in my room, I screamed. I couldn't see. Blinding aurae. It was all around me. I touched it and it was a wall. More of the same. New wall, same glimmer. Then a disembodied voice gave me instructions that led me outside. I got a cloak, then was met by an Awakener, who showed me where to get clothes.

Once I was dressed, I wandered the castle, lost save for the Awakener's elbow guiding me. I ate a piece of cheese in the dining hall and went around tapping my book at seemingly random places.

After the first day, I got a staff. It helped me locate things in the way and people nearby. I lost that staff during combat practice one day. Yes, I said combat. Even though I couldn't see, I could hear the swords whizzing by and duck out of the way or parry.

I learned other ways of adapting, like looking for magic items on a person to help know where they are and placing magic items in different spots to show me where I was. The second one didn't work very well after the first bell. Most people are just too clean to leave items laying in the snow.
          Last edited by Taite; 06-01-2018, 09:47 PM.
          Taite Morrison
          - Unity
          - Junior Page
          - Senior Seamstress
          - Battle Guild

Comment

Sixth Submission - Sera Gazelle

Dawn on the Mountain.

I've been carried a fair piece away
            On wings of gauzy white and gray
            How far from home I cannot say
            But how bright is the light of the dawn!

Now the sun doesn't burn, the air has claws
            And the ice, I've been told, never thaws
            But none of that shall give me pause
            For how bright is the light of dawn!

My feet might miss the earth of home
            My skin the rain and ocean's foam
            But I don't feel desire to roam
            When I think of the light of the dawn.

And though I've left my kin behind
            There's friends and family yet to find.
            For the folk are warm and true and kind
            When they live in the light of the dawn.

The birds don't sing their praise each morn
            But that won't leave my soul forlorn
            I'll sing my joy to have been born
            In the bright, cold light of the dawn!
            Last edited by Taite; 06-01-2018, 09:45 PM.
            Taite Morrison
            - Unity
            - Junior Page
            - Senior Seamstress
            - Battle Guild

Comment

Seventh Submission - Ser Meoris

My fourth day Awakened in the Castle, I was in the Salon in the Outer Bailey, as I wished to see if I might have something done with my hair. While discussing things with Mistress Josie, we were suddenly joined by a tiny being, who was most beautiful.

After speaking for a time, she seemed to have decided that she much liked everyone's hair, for she took it with her when she left. This was much disconcerting to us all, but especially the seras.

After several days, denizens had donated and gifted jewelry to us, and we presented it to Prelinah. She came to me in the Carpenter's shop and returned my hair most kindly. However, I did not realize until she left that it was now a bright banana yellow...which sera Vasilisa was kind enough to promptly take me to the salon to properly take care of.
              Last edited by Taite; 06-01-2018, 09:44 PM.
              Taite Morrison
              - Unity
              - Junior Page
              - Senior Seamstress
              - Battle Guild

Comment

Eighth Submission - Mistress Josie

A few moons after my awakening, I was going about my usual day with my Page tabard on. Part of our duties were to clear the foods from the Inner Bailey dining area as they started to decay, so I had set about my work and was speaking with the servant there and occasionally humming as I transferred the old edibles over into his possession.

Ten ticks or so into this activity, who I now know to be Sir Donovon, Equerry to Her Majesty, and Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne, came walking into the room. It was a truly breathtaking moment, one I shall never forget. Her Majesty was dressed in a trumpet-sleeved gown and had other garments on besides that looked to have been woven from some sort of light. She smiled at me with a kind of serenity on her face as I practically bounced up and down at the sight of her. I could barely contain my joy, and how honored I felt, to be in Her presence.

To my surprise, She struck up a conversation with me, inquiring about my duties and what my dreams were. During that period of my life my primary focus was on eventually becoming a Handmaiden. I had not drawn a sword yet, was working my way through the healing arts, and practiced my painting and poetry on the side. She began speaking with Sir Donovon in a foreign language, which I assume now was Teanga, but by the end of it she encouraged my dreams and told me that if such was truly the desire of my heart, if I kept working at it, then my dreams would most certainly come true. I recall thanking Her profusely for Her encouraging words and complimenting Her on Her gown and Her willingness to be so generous with Her time that she would speak to a commoner like me. To all this excited chatter, She simply smiled and said She would have a similar gown fashioned for me in a hue and material within my link, to wear to formal events.

I still have that gown to this very day and wear it with pride and in fondness of that particular memory; I know it is one that can never be stripped from my heart.
                Taite Morrison
                - Unity
                - Junior Page
                - Senior Seamstress
                - Battle Guild

Comment

9th Submission - Master Morgenstern

One of my favorite memories is when the Awakeners held the gift exchange event. I admit, I am not one for socials, but I do enjoy a good gathering of my fellow denizens. The evening was amusing as we all traded, stole and laughed with a wide rarity of gifts. Prelinah even joined us to share in the gift giving and devour as much chocolate as little body could manage. It was one of the best events I had ever had the pleasure of enjoying.
                  Taite Morrison
                  - Unity
                  - Junior Page
                  - Senior Seamstress
                  - Battle Guild

Comment

10th Submission - Sera Vasilisa

My story is about the time that the gnomes broke into all the crafting rooms. At the time, we didn't know who did it but the clothiers, jewelers and carpenters were all broken into with tiny lock picks. Inside they left a mess, purple dye and small foot prints at the clothiers and rainbow stains and wood in the carpenters room. It sounds like gnomes, but we were not expecting gnomes to be running around wrecking guild rooms and crafting things with our supplies. The first time I encountered them was when I was styling hair for a ser in the basement's salon. We were talking but I kept hearing someone say "Hey you! Come here" from outside. I naturally thought it was an attack so I made the male stay inside while I went out to check for myself, little did I know I was in for a shock. As soon as I stepped outside, a gnome ran behind my legs and pushed the salon door closed to lock man inside and me outside. Before I could even say anything, four more gnomes sprung from the ceiling on tiny pieces of silk. It looked like they were flying, but they were just sliding down the pieces of silk. They were all clad in black gear with shields and tiny crossbows and seamstress needles which they aimed at me. It was the funniest thing ever, but I still tooted for the Army. I was about to run away when the lead of them jumped out "Noooo! Wait." I halted, surprised that it was speaking however the speaking didn't last long because Natasha came in. They were all startled and started yelling "Hoooomans!" I tried to ask what they wanted but they started running around and being utterly ridiculous. I followed some that ran to south part of the shop and they gave me a message to find the cook. I was confused with that, wondering if they meant Geoffry or if this was weird gnome code. Anyway, they eventually left, some the same way they came. I didn't hear anything more from them in the past days but I kept feeling like I was being watched as well as being delivered ominous scrolls that said "Find the Cook!

The next time I saw them, I was in the salon when the lead gnome randomly appeared. I didn't even notice him until he started climbing me and sat on my shoulder. He then informed me of a secret plan to throw a birthday party for Princess Maeve since she had never had one and they wanted me to help. It was entirely amusing, but I did my part by writing the Master Cook and making a anonymous posting on the boards to invite everyone to a secret party. There was no guarantee that the Princess would show since I did not want to spoil her surprise, but she loves a party and came. As well as many other big names like Dukes Lucus and Sol. Everyone was excited to help the gnomes celebrate Princess Maeve and the night went off with a bang, literally a bang as the gnomes used magic to pop boxes open and make loud 'Happy Birthday!" sounds. The evening was the best I had ever had.
                    Taite Morrison
                    - Unity
                    - Junior Page
                    - Senior Seamstress
                    - Battle Guild

Comment

11th Submission - Sera Meryl

When I first woke, I was even more serious than I can be sometimes now. I never smiled, I rarely showed any emotion at all. I was closed off, reserved, if you can imagine such.

About a moon after I woke, I had tentative friendships. Auriela, Kaylana. We were in the refectory together, one evening.

We were just talking, when Master Dagonet showed up, and asked us all if we wanted to play a game. I can't even remember the specifics, but it was kind of like truth or dare. If we laughed or smiled at what the others did, there were consequences. Like having to have a drink, or wearing a hat upside down, or turning our socks out.

We were all playing quite nicely until Watchman Duffy came in and was very offended that we were in our bare feet and drinking and giggling. You know, as you do, during games.

Well anyhow, Master Dagonet didn't take kindly to Duffy trying to make us not, play, and so, he slipped itching powder into Duffy's collar. He shimmied and wriggled and swore. And that was the first time I ever saw a man shirtless. Because he stripped in the dining hall to get the itch off. He had to go roll in the baths for a long time.

Poor hivey man.
                      Taite Morrison
                      - Unity
                      - Junior Page
                      - Senior Seamstress
                      - Battle Guild

Comment

Note from Taite - Many people wake with different thoughts and emotions. Scared of where they are or they see themselves in the mirror and realize 'That's not really me'. Then there are some, like myself, who practically dance out of their room excited about this new adventure and everything that their new life has to offer.

This is a great poem which captures the fear and the pain that one endures when they are made. For most of us, we forget. With few, this becomes a life-long memory.

12th submission - Lady Charmiam

I wake, I quake so that my heart does shake.
                        Aching all over. Help me feel that this is real.
                        Peal the bell! Wake me from this hell!
                        Tell me true. Who are you?

Necromancer! Do you prance around death? Then do your dance of life,
                        Romance the dead with your potions and lotions! Soothe
                        My emotions! I live, though I feel dead, my head pounds
                        My feet feel like lead, tears on my face. What is this place?
                        Taite Morrison
                        - Unity
                        - Junior Page
                        - Senior Seamstress
                        - Battle Guild

Comment

13th Submission - Ser Rowe

My First Time Embinding

I was very excited, and a little tipsy. Ser Meoris had been trying for a moon to get me to join the librarians, but I had been attending Embinders bells a lot to get to know him and Mistress Josie.

Ser Meoris had been plying me with honey-wine from the library when I followed him down to the workroom. He showed me to how make a binding for the book. I believe it was a canvas binding.

After creating a binding, he tosses me a book to try and bind. He tells me what he wants done, then expected me to follow his directions.

I get all the tools I need, scissors, thread, needle, awl....he tells me about the first time he glued his hand to the glue brush and cautions me not to glue myself to the book. I was so focused on not gluing myself to the book or binding that after I did the gluing I as relieved that I didn't so I moved on to sewing.

Well...darn me if I didn't almost sew my finger to the book....drove the needle right though one of the binding holes and into my finger. It was straight through the finger and out the other side, the needle was so sharp I didn't even feel it at first.

So I pulled the needle out and started sucking on my thumb like a kid...ser Meoris couldn't help but chuckling. I must have looked ridiculous standing there with my thumb in my mouth.

Anyway, all was well. I managed not to bleed on the book and he even said I did a good job on my first embinding. I even donated that book to sera Nariseth.
                          Taite Morrison
                          - Unity
                          - Junior Page
                          - Senior Seamstress
                          - Battle Guild

Comment

14th Submission - Ser Kobe

The first time I met our Queen

The first time I went to serve Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne, Long may she reign, will forever be a special memory etched into my mind from that day to my last day. I was nervously waiting in the waiting room, pacing back and forth, nervously awaiting my turn. The time came, the handmaiden's there told me to calm down and to remember to breathe as they escorted me inside.

I walk into the room and find myself in front of our Glorious Queen, my heart slows. It is beating out of my chest, thumping heavily, then quickly speeds up like a boiling tea kettle as I kneel in front of her splendor. She asks me to rise and I finally lift my gaze to our Queen and I struggle to hold back the tears at her beauty. I focus in on her with all my might to listen to what she has to say.

I finally remember that it is time to breathe somehow after over a minute has gone by. In that moment, I realized that everything I had been through, everything I have done to serve our Queen and to protect her people has been worth it. It was at this moment I knew that my loyalty for Our Glorious Queen would last forever. Long May She Reign.
                            Taite Morrison
                            - Unity
                            - Junior Page
                            - Senior Seamstress
                            - Battle Guild

Comment

15th Submission - Ser Gareth

I recall long, long ago, when I was recently awoken. I came into the Refectory where I met my friend Andrew. He was a man with a wit as sharp as a dagger. Oft crass. Harsh. Yet he trusted me, and I admired him.

When I came to the fireside, there was a woman he introduced me to. She was quiet. Shy. Easily embarrassed. Yet, I believed, utterly beautiful.

Her name was Avaria Tyr'Eskin. Andrew saw us looking at each other.

Before either of us knew it, we were in love. Not long thereafter, we would be courting. And, in due time, we would marry.
                              Taite Morrison
                              - Unity
                              - Junior Page
                              - Senior Seamstress
                              - Battle Guild

Comment

Working...
                              X