Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Ball Poetry & Music Contest: Light up the Night

All fellow denizens,

In celebration of Winter Ball, Her Royal Majesty and His Excellency, I am pleased to announce both a poetry and musical composition contest for those with an interest and talent in either.

Poetry guidelines are as follows:
    • Your poem must celebrate the theme of Winter Ball: Light up the Night, our Royalty OR a mixture of both (bonus points for the latter)
    • It may be any style, but must be written in the common or Northern tongue, and may not be more than five stanzas long with four lines each (OOC: It shouldn't take half an hour to recite)
    • It must be suitable for delivery in front of the Winter Court (ie, no foul language, inappropriate innuendos, etc.)
    • Submissions must be turned in to myself by this coming Saturns, the 16th of the 2nd moon, no later than midnight - you have about a week!
    • All submissions must be signed and dated

Musical composition guidelines are as follows:
    • Your piece must celebrate the theme of Winter Ball: Light up the Night, our Royalty OR a mixture of both (bonus points for the latter)
    • It may be any style, but must not take longer than fifteen ticks to perform
    • It must be suitable for delivery in front of the Winter Court, namely if written words are involved
    • Your musical composition MAY contain lyrics, but they are not required. At times the music can sufficiently speak for itself.
    • Readiness to perform for me and a member of the Court of my choosing must be made known to me by the 16th of the 2nd moon, no later than midnight - you have about a week!
    • You can arrange an appointment to be heard either in person or via courier. Please sign your scroll if you go that route.

There will be one winner in each category, earning them the honor of performing at and participating in Winter Ball. In addition, each winner will receive a custom-designed garment in a custom hue along with 250 coins. Disclaimer: It is not guaranteed that a commoner will win as individuals of all ranks can enter and participate.

Pull out all the stops and let your talent shine as we celebrate winter traditions, our home and each other!

Mistress of Entertainments,
    Last edited by Josie_Brennan; 02-11-2019, 08:08 AM.
    Acolyte Natura of the Faith
    Courtier
    Head of Household for her Ladyship Sinvy
    Leader of the Stylists
    Mistress of Entertainments
    Patron of the Duelists
    Royal Artist
    Ranger Recruit
    Squire to Dame Galatea

[*returned to the fore by a posh Page boy*]
    Courtier
    Leader of the Stylists
    Patron of the Duelists
    Royal Artist
    Ranger Recruit
    Squire to Dame Galatea

Comment

[*smoothed tidily over top the multitude of other notices*]
      Courtier
      Leader of the Stylists
      Patron of the Duelists
      Royal Artist
      Ranger Recruit
      Squire to Dame Galatea

Comment

Interested individuals have until midnight tonight to turn in their submissions to me. The availability to attend Winter Ball this year and participate in the masquerade as a performer is up for grabs, along with a custom garment and a prize of 250 coins.

Don't miss out on the opportunity!

Courtier
        Leader of the Stylists
        Patron of the Duelists
        Royal Artist
        Ranger Recruit
        Squire to Dame Galatea

Comment

Only a few bells left! Thank you to those who have already sent in their submissions. For those who haven't, but still want to, there's still some time! Get out those instruments and blank scrolls and make magic happen.
          Courtier
          Leader of the Stylists
          Patron of the Duelists
          Royal Artist
          Ranger Recruit
          Squire to Dame Galatea

Comment

Thank you to everyone who placed submissions and shared their beautiful poetry. I will be looking over the entries tonight and tomorrow at length to make a determination as to who the winner(s) are. I will post here with the announcement and send the prizes, invitations and masks (if applicable) for Winter Ball through the courier or will deliver in person if schedules permit.

In gratitude -

Courtier
            Leader of the Stylists
            Patron of the Duelists
            Royal Artist
            Ranger Recruit
            Squire to Dame Galatea

Comment

Due to there being no entries for the musical composition category, I have selected two winners from amongst the many poetry entries. Please know that I thoroughly enjoyed reading each and every one and if I could invite all of you to share them personally, I would!

Congratulations go to Doctor Dolph for his untitled work and to sera Tine for her poem entitled 'Her Majesty's Dream'. Prizes will be coming in the near future! I can't wait to hear your personal recitations and am certain the Winter Court will be impressed with your talents for words.

Courtier
              Leader of the Stylists
              Patron of the Duelists
              Royal Artist
              Ranger Recruit
              Squire to Dame Galatea

Comment

Working...