Clear All

• SeraKimmi
    replied
    *Carefully smoothed to the top*

Leave a comment:

• Galatea
    replied
    *repinned*

I will be accepting oaths of service from the general denizenry this evening in the Practice Hall, during the Army's scheduled open practice at 9LB.

By My Hand,
    Captain Galatea Raines

Leave a comment:

• Eeva
    started a topic Call To Arms: The General Militia

Call To Arms: The General Militia

Attention denizens,

By the power vested in me by the Lord Marshal, Sir Alrik, the Royal Army is issuing a Call to Arms for the General Militia.

Please read the below and understand the commitment being asked of you. Civilians interested in joining the Militia during this current state of crisis should send word to Dame Galatea until the 20th of the 4th moon of the 20th year. Afterwards, applicants should send them to myself, Dame Eeva.

COMMAND AUTHORITY OF THE MILITIA

All members of a raised militia, from the moment of their induction and oath, are considered to be members of the Royal Army and subject to all of the laws, restrictions, and requirements therein. The militia is commanded by the Colonel-General of the Royal Army, and in absence of such by the Captain of the Royal Guard, unless an alternate authority is named by the Lord Marshal of the Royal Army. The militia stands as a separate chain of command within the Royal Army and are subject only to the authority of their designated commanding officers, so authorized by the commander of the militia.

The Chain of Command At This Time:

Lord Marshal
    Commander of the Irregular Army and Captain of the Regular Army
    Lieutenants / Rangers
    Sergeants
    Yeomen / Scouts
    Militia Members

METHOD OF RAISING THE GENERAL MILITIA

The militia may be raised in one of two manners
    - an open call for volunteers coinciding the with announcement of the raising of the militia.
    - impressment into service in times of dire need by the Colonel-General of the Royal Army or the Lord Marshal of the Royal Army

Upon voluntary entrance into the militia, the denizen is required to sign an oath scroll stating the following

I, the below signed, do hereby enter in the General Militia of Castle Marrach and understand that I have been called to the cause of the defense of my home and its denizens. I understand that for the duration of my service to the militia I am considered to be a member of the Royal Army and subject therein to all of the stipulations of the Capitulary or Martial Law. I also understand that upon my signing I am in service to the militia until my release and that death does not release me from this bond or obligation.

In cases of impressment, the above oath is assumed without requirement of signature.

INDICATION OF SERVICE TO THE GENERAL MILITIA

All members of the General Militia of Castle Marrach will be provided with and required to wear at all times a standard issue leather armband embroidered with a castle. Wearing of this armband by any who have not sworn service to the General Militia will be charged with impersonation.

EQUIPMENT OF THE GENERAL MILITIA

Upon entrance into service, or shortly thereafter, a member of the General Militia will be issued a leather armband embroidered with a castle. The militia member will also be issued a weapon from the stores of the Royal Army, as necessary.

If a sharp bladed weapon is issued to a member of the militia, that member is hereby granted rights to bear that weapon during his term of enlistment.

Care and maintenance of all equipment issued as part of service to the General Militia is the sole responsibility of the member. Said equipment must be presented for examination by any ranking member of the General Militia or Royal Army upon request of a superior.

DUTIES OF THE GENERAL MILITIA

The General Militia will be raised only to maintain the peace and security of the Castle. Members of the General Militia will be expected to defend the Castle as instructed by their superior officers. They will be expected to stand post, patrol, guard, maneuver, defend positions and areas, and perform all functions required of them by the General Militia.

All members of the General Militia are expected to be on-duty and present their service, with reasonable regard to rest and recovery.

RESIGNATION FROM ENLISTMENT IN THE GENERAL MILITIA

Resignation can only occur with the specific, explicit permission of the commanding officer of the General Militia. Resignation is only fully recognized once any and all equipment issued to the member is returned.

END OF ENLISTMENT IN THE GENERAL MILITIA

When the cause of the raising of the General Militia has passed the militia may be disbanded at the order of its commanding officer.

At such time, all members are released from service pending return of any and all issued equipment.
Working...
X