Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Open Discussion for the Castle Writers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BladeofCrimson
    started a topic Open Discussion for the Castle Writers

Open Discussion for the Castle Writers

I am trying to determine what sort of books are desired by the denizens of the castle. This compiled list will let the writers of the castle know what types of book the readers desire. Feel free to send a scroll to me and list any type of books that you think will improve the selection for the library. Below are some that have already been suggested.

(1). Books on Knights
    (2). Beauty tips
    (3). Building Manuals
    (4). Gems and crafting
    (5). Woodcraft and tools
    (6). Weapons and proper use of them.

Some of these can be best learned from the crafters. Though a book on such would make interesting reading.

Assistant Librarian,

Elora Winslet

• BladeofCrimson
    replied
    Thank you, Mistress. This does indeed help. Our castle writers will have a lot to work with.

Leave a comment:

• Josie_Brennan
    replied
    Histories/Biographies of Knights and Nobles (whatever they might be open to sharing)
    Perspectives on the Code Duello
    Perspectives on the Chivalric Virtues
    Updated Courtesy books
    So You Want to be a _____________ books: These would chart out the usual paths to get from newly awoken to a desired position, based on the learnings of the writer.
    General Biographies - telling the journey of any single individual who wishes to share it

Hope this helps!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X