Whispered Rumors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whispered Rumors...

OOC: Rumors are slippery things. Truths, half-truths, or out-right lies: who can tell? Nevertheless, they are good seeds for roleplay, so have fun.

Want to spread a rumor? Give your plot a kick by spreading a juicy nugget of information (or misinformation) anonymously by simply typing: @rumor "[insert your rumor here]" in your parser.

Please do not respond to rumors in this thread. Start a new thread if you want to comment on one of the posted rumors or - better yet - do it ICly in the game.

If you don't see your rumor featured this time, don't despair! Many rumors are unused if they are outdated, repeated, or just don't promote further discussion. A good rumor will always be something you can roleplay about, so remember to submit rumors with threads to a story, as opposed to personal shots!

The trees in the hunting grounds have gained sentience and speech under the first light of the moon. Murmurs have been heard discussing what will happen to those who pillage from their lands.

The Queen has been through three Royal Tasters this year, is what I've heard.

I hear if you attend Lord Boreas' open weekly bells and ask him to read your palm then he will, and your true purpose and path will be revealed!

Wendy the bar maid hasn't been acting herself lately. In the dead of night, she carries conversations around empty tables filled with customers only she can see.

Sir Launfal has been rumored to be investigating the Battlers under a fine gaze, attempting to root out problematic individuals and having them refocus on the intent of their charter. I wonder why the Lord Chamberlain would suddenly have an interest in them?

A war rises in the east, in the midst of talks of dragons and magical water, threatening to sweep over Marrach and unleash the Nightmare once again. Mark my words, a hell unlike any have known is coming.

I heard Victor once bested ten men unarmed! Too bad about his last bout with those five seras.

The price for the attention of the Outer Bailey women is cheap, particularly that of those more experienced and older ones. The cure for what they give you, however, is far more expensive.

Interested in the Knight's Challenge tournament and want to make some coin? Bet against Adahn. I hear the fix is in, if you catch my drift.

Bloody hooves and bird feathers have been received by various residents of the Keep, warning them against speaking out of political turn. It would seem the once-dormant Unicorns and Owls are back to their old schemes of dividing the Castle into factions. Which one will finally emerge victorious?

I heard sera Setsuna planned a secret rendezvous and dinner with the Master Cook in an effort to woo him and gain his affections. Apparently, the two bonded over more than skillets and spices, and on numerous occasions!

Some of the Court have noticed that commoners were sneaking into the Royal Hunting Grounds when they thought no one was looking.

His Excellency was spotted in the Inner Hall, socializing with many members of Court and playing each of them in Chess. He emerged victorious, in more ways than one I heard.

And is it any surprise he's so good at the game? After all, he's never really stopped playing.

Tristana likes cookies so much that she's had every inch of her skin beneath her clothing tattooed with chocolate chips. Apparently, she loves to show them off, if you ask!

If you see a bear in the forest, don't draw your sword! It's just Edstave in his new cloak.

Filusae likes the pale, taciturn ones. I hope she never meets Doctor Getheaht, or she might just faint!

Adayne always has so many scrolls. I wonder what she's planning, and with whom?

One of the Knight's Challenge contestants attempted to have the fairies take away the Royal Equerry!

I heard that sera Taite has been bribing servants to bring her bones from the beasts slain in the Royal Hunting Grounds for new, morbid sculptures.

Legend has it that Nef cannot into buildings she wasn't invited into, leaving people to wonder if she's a mythical "vampire".

More than one handmaiden went running to the center of the bridge the second they heard that ser Liir was playing!

If you can figure out the Jeweler, one of them has been making things outside of the guidelines, and you might be able to get some finer things, before they are banned from the guild!

Her Majesty heard that the fashion guidelines were getting out of hand, and Mistress Ermengarde was not long after reawoken. Be careful what you wear and how you wear it!

The castle seems to be overrun with reawakening sorcerers lately. I wonder what Her Majesty is planning with all of them?

That one chronicler used to believe the pen is mightier than the sword. Now it would appear to be the other way around.

I heard there was a ser in the Outer who writes secret messages to one of the exiled enemies of the crown! He even tried to go below to find them!

-StoryPlotter Yuuta
Working...
X