Announcement

Collapse

The Great Skotos Split Is Here [UPDATED]

The long-planned Skotos split is here. We are going to be separating Skotos into the four games that we're passing off to individual players (Marrach, TEC, the game formerly known as Ironclaw Online, the game formerly known as Lazarus Sleeping), and in the near future the core Skotos site will shutdown.

Here's how it will work:
* On Monday, we will turn off the ability to make any purchases through the main site. This will be the end of credit card purchases for Skotos games.
* We will run final automated credit card purchases on Tuesday morning. This is typical, in that our regular subscriptions are always set to run on the 1st through the 28th.
* On Wednesday, we will begin converting the games over to the new auth server that I've been working on for the last month and a half. All data will be converted over from the moment I grab the database. This means that all of your account information, including all payments (but not including any credit card information or Paypal information) will be duped to all the games: you'll be able to play any of them for the time you'd previously paid at the main Skotos site.
* We'll then start integrating the individual sites for each game with the new stand-alone setup.
* And likely I'll be resolving bugs in the auth server that only turn up through extensive usage.
* Meanwhile, we'll start handing off games to the individuals who will be running it in the future. I'm at this point over the time I'd initially committed to Skotos by a bit more than three weeks, but I'm expecting I'll need to offer support a little into May to make sure everyone is running well and that I've helped Christopher, Skotos, and the game leads deal with any intricacies of the hand-off.
* We'll request that all games remove all information from users who didn't stick with their game within a year.

I hope this will go as smoothly as possible. There will surely be bumps in the road. In particular, expect some random downtimes on Wednesday, when I convert over the games to the new servers, and expect the potential for problems on *next* Thursday, when I see how things work in the new setup.

A Few Updates as of 5/3:

1.) Castle Marrach, TEC, and Allegory of Empires are now split out from the main Skotos UserDB, which is the first (and biggest) step in separating these games. Multiversal Revelations will follow on Monday.

2.) Each site has a new login page of the form login.itsdomainname. This is the proper place to login to that game, and where you should access all UserDB functionality. Anything you do on the main Skotos users pages will no longer be reflected. Yes, that means you should be using the new pages to update your accounts, purchase months of play, and purchase subscriptions. Credit card payments are no longer possible, but Paypal is.

3.) Skotos is still running the games as of this moment, but they'll be transferred to the individual teams by this time next month.

4.) We've had some problems with credit cards continuing to run on the older UserDB system. We've refunded any bills that went through on the main system following the split, and apologize for the inconvenience. The plan is to turn the old UserDB off tomorrow, so that will absolutely stop the bills at this point. If you were accidentally billed, do note both that the amount was refunded the same day AND it isn't reflected on the new systems. [And as of Monday morning, those old charges seem to have been halted entirely.]

5.) We've discovered that about 20 accounts have credits of various amounts of them. This is a concept that is no longer supported in any meaningful way on the new UserDB, so we'll convert those credits to days of play at the most generous ratio.
See more
See less

Triangle Attack Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triangle Attack Points

There is presently a shadow portal in the Gate Courtyard that must be cleansed, though the monsters guarding it have been destroyed for now.

Should anyone else find portals or other areas subject to invasion by the Triangle forces, particularly when the Castle is quiet, please note them on this posting so that denizens can safely avoid them and our Army, Militia and Faith can address the threat.

Six more attackers have entered through the portal in the Gate Courtyard, less than a chime after the first three were dispatched.

Be advised that this may prove a pattern with other such portals, and as such it might be wise to wait until someone who can close a portal is available before repelling the invaders.

Comment

Another portal is located in the Chamberlain's Passage. At the time of writing the monsters there have been routed.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

There is another portal in the Inner, directly outside the Treasury office. Again, no monsters are active there presently.
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Portals handled.

Comment

The fissure in the Inner Bailey, outside of the Treasury office, has opened again. Please take care.

Comment

I have been informed that a new portal has opened near to the Bowling Lounge in the Outer Bailey. At this time no constructs have been dispatched.

Comment

Portals by the Bowling Alley, and farther down by the Phoenix Room are both taken care of.

Folks, start recording the time and location when you notice a portal. The Inquisition is trying to pick up the pattern.

- Major Vincint

Comment

Yesterday, the 17th of this moon, a portal appeared around 8 1/2 late near the Treasury contraption in the Inner Bailey. I would estimate that one popped up in the Chamberlain's Passage around 8 late, as members of the Army and Watch had already dispatched it when they came to assist me and then another presented outside of the Cupola just prior to 9 late bells. I will make an effort to post here if I'm awake and a batch of them crop up.

Acolyte Natura of the Faith
                  Head of Household for her Ladyship Sinvy
                  Leader of the Stylists
                  Mistress of Entertainments
                  Ordained Knight
                  Patron of the Duelists
                  Royal Artist
                  Ranger Recruit

Comment

Written this 19th day of the 3rd moon, 21st YRA

There is a portal North of the bowling Alley and one outside the chambers at approximately 8 and 8 and a half bells Early Bells, respectively.

Please use caution when entering rooms or other areas.
                    -Taite-
                    Royal Page
                    Honored Guest
                    Keeper of Games
                    Seeker in the Faith
                    Secretary to Lady Charmiam
                    Acting Leader of the Awakeners

Currently studying sculpting as a:
                    Member of the College of Humanities
                    Masque in The Unity

Comment

A portal appeared in the corridor South of the Inner Baths at roughly the same time as those above. The three seemed to appear within a few ticks of each other, this time heralded by a pulse of Shadow that could be experienced around the Castle.

Comment

The portals had already been taken care of when I went and checked around noon thirty (outside of the Bowlers Lounge, in the Chamberlain's Passage and outside the Inner baths).

Leader of the Stylists
                        Ordained Knight
                        Patron of the Duelists
                        Royal Artist
                        Ranger Recruit

Comment

Appearing between 3LB-4LB:

* The corner corridor near the Outer Bailey tailoring rooms
                          * The Gate Courtyard
                          * The Inner Bailey end of the Bridge

All portals were announced by a surging of Shadow and are now closed.

Comment

Between 8 and 9 late three portals appeared in the following locations:

- IB Courtyard
                            - OB Courtyard
                            - OB Theatre

They have all been cleared.
                            Leader of the Stylists
                            Ordained Knight
                            Patron of the Duelists
                            Royal Artist
                            Ranger Recruit

Comment

From Ten-to-Seven Early Bells and Half-Past:

* The Royal Library ground floor (first portal to appear)
                              * Both ends of the Great Bridge

All portals are closed.

[scrawled beneath as an addendum]

Please seek: Mistress Adayne, Dame Josie; Mistress Blodwen or Master Ibar to close a fissure.

Comment

Working...
                              X