Announcement

Collapse

Skotos Forums Closing: September 30

The Skotos Forums are officially closing on September 30, 2020. They will go read-only on that date, and will be removed entirely sometime afterward.

We encourage the games that spun off of Skotos to create new discussion mediums of their own, and some have already done so. But the centralized discussions for Skotos will soon be a thing of the past (just as the centralized Skotos site is).

We've also posted a goodbye message to the community on our main page, which you can find here:
http://www.skotos.net/goodbye.php
See more
See less

Whispered Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whispered Rumors

OOC: Rumors are slippery things. Truths, half-truths, or out-right lies: who can tell? Nevertheless, they are good seeds for roleplay, so have fun.

Want to spread a rumor? Give your plot a kick by spreading a juicy nugget of information (or misinformation) anonymously by simply typing: @rumor "[insert your rumor here]" in your parser.

Please do not respond to rumors in this thread. Start a new thread if you want to comment on one of the posted rumors or - better yet - do it ICly in the game.

If you don't see your rumor featured this time, don't despair! Many rumors are unused if they are outdated, repeated, or just don't promote further discussion. A good rumor will always be something you can roleplay about, so remember to submit rumors with threads to a story, as opposed to personal shots!

In the servant passage, early morning…

A fat male servant and a scarred guard loiter outside their rooms.

A fat male servant leans against the wall and shakes his head; “They ought to stay out of that graveyard. No good can come from disturbing the dead.”

A scarred guard smirks; “That one strange sera… Lilifer? I hear she already disturbed the dead on the mountainside somewhere. If something were to happen, it would have happened already, wouldn’t it?”

A fat male servant shrugs; “The dead ain’t in no hurry, I’m sure.”

A scarred guard shakes his head; “You’re too superstitious.”

A fat male servant glances at the passage and lowers his voice; “Of course I am! Didn’t you hear they did some sťance thing? The Rememberers… no the Keepers… No, I was right the first time, it must have been the Rememberers.”

A scarred guard hikes his eyebrow; “I don’t know about a sťance, but I know there was a remembering session that the Consort’s getting twitchy about. It seems he and his minions are trying to keep a firm lid on whatever was found in that session.”

“Well that will be difficult, wasn’t there a large group involved in that? Gareth and Diana and Alyndra….” A fat male servant trails off, his gaze drifting to the floor, “Mmm. Alyndra.”

A female servant arrives from the passage and notices the fat male servant’s expression. She looks to a scarred guard and asks; “Who’s he daydreaming about this time?”

A scarred guard grins toothily and gestures; “Probably the same one you daydream about.”

“What? Lord Vestio?” asks a female servant, giving the fat male servant a faint glare. “I mean, I am pleased Vestio’s household was assigned the outer bailey by the Lord Marshal.”

A fat male servant stirs and blinks; “What? Why are you glaring at me?”

A scarred guard snickers.

“Nevermind,” a female servant says. “Oh! You wouldn’t guess what I saw in the Inner! There were Commoners having a picnic in the Royal Gardens!”

A scarred guard shakes his head; “They’re lucky a certain Royal Sorcerer didn’t show up and turn them all into toads.”

A female servant gasps; “But then we would have had toads in the gardens!”

A young page boy enters from the passage, looking pale and shaken.

A scarred guard eyes the page boy for a moment before speaking; “You went to see it, didn’t you.”

A young page boy flinches and nods. “The mist. I only took a peek, I swear! I didn’t stay long.”

A fat male servant grumbles; “You’re lucky one of Megaera the Wrathful’s many minions didn’t shove you face-first into it.”

“Oh, I hear most of the ones Megaera has forcefully marked are resentful of her influence,” A female servant says with a smirk. “Or at least most of them. Apparently that one former duelist has quite taken to it. Who would have guessed?”

“I’ll say! I keep expecting her to show up with a pamphlet explaining why all should trust and support her Exalted One!” grumbles a fat male servant.

“They’re all creepy. I swear, one of them looked me dead in the face the other day and I could feel ice in my lungs! Brrr!” A scarred guard says. “And have you seen the way they look at each other?”

“Hush, now,” a female servant says, “Or they’ll call their Exalted One down to spear you through the way she did that Yeoman!”

A young page boy pales even more.

“Eh, you could say that Megaera targets a certain sort with her mark, I think,” a fat male servant says.

A female servant shoos a young page boy out; “Go on, now. And stay away from the mists.”

A young page boy scuttles away. A female servant makes sure he’s gone before she shakes hear head; “This doesn’t bode well. I do hope they sort it all soon.”

A scarred guard puffs his cheeks and nods in agreement. “They always do, somehow.”

A fat male servant grumbles something dubious and wanders off. A moment later, a female servant and a scarred guard also depart.
Working...
X

Debug Information