Announcement

Collapse

The Great Skotos Split Is Here [UPDATED]

The long-planned Skotos split is here. We are going to be separating Skotos into the four games that we're passing off to individual players (Marrach, TEC, the game formerly known as Ironclaw Online, the game formerly known as Lazarus Sleeping), and in the near future the core Skotos site will shutdown.

Here's how it will work:
* On Monday, we will turn off the ability to make any purchases through the main site. This will be the end of credit card purchases for Skotos games.
* We will run final automated credit card purchases on Tuesday morning. This is typical, in that our regular subscriptions are always set to run on the 1st through the 28th.
* On Wednesday, we will begin converting the games over to the new auth server that I've been working on for the last month and a half. All data will be converted over from the moment I grab the database. This means that all of your account information, including all payments (but not including any credit card information or Paypal information) will be duped to all the games: you'll be able to play any of them for the time you'd previously paid at the main Skotos site.
* We'll then start integrating the individual sites for each game with the new stand-alone setup.
* And likely I'll be resolving bugs in the auth server that only turn up through extensive usage.
* Meanwhile, we'll start handing off games to the individuals who will be running it in the future. I'm at this point over the time I'd initially committed to Skotos by a bit more than three weeks, but I'm expecting I'll need to offer support a little into May to make sure everyone is running well and that I've helped Christopher, Skotos, and the game leads deal with any intricacies of the hand-off.
* We'll request that all games remove all information from users who didn't stick with their game within a year.

I hope this will go as smoothly as possible. There will surely be bumps in the road. In particular, expect some random downtimes on Wednesday, when I convert over the games to the new servers, and expect the potential for problems on *next* Thursday, when I see how things work in the new setup.

A Few Updates as of 5/3:

1.) Castle Marrach, TEC, and Allegory of Empires are now split out from the main Skotos UserDB, which is the first (and biggest) step in separating these games. Multiversal Revelations will follow on Monday.

2.) Each site has a new login page of the form login.itsdomainname. This is the proper place to login to that game, and where you should access all UserDB functionality. Anything you do on the main Skotos users pages will no longer be reflected. Yes, that means you should be using the new pages to update your accounts, purchase months of play, and purchase subscriptions. Credit card payments are no longer possible, but Paypal is.

3.) Skotos is still running the games as of this moment, but they'll be transferred to the individual teams by this time next month.

4.) We've had some problems with credit cards continuing to run on the older UserDB system. We've refunded any bills that went through on the main system following the split, and apologize for the inconvenience. The plan is to turn the old UserDB off tomorrow, so that will absolutely stop the bills at this point. If you were accidentally billed, do note both that the amount was refunded the same day AND it isn't reflected on the new systems. [And as of Monday morning, those old charges seem to have been halted entirely.]

5.) We've discovered that about 20 accounts have credits of various amounts of them. This is a concept that is no longer supported in any meaningful way on the new UserDB, so we'll convert those credits to days of play at the most generous ratio.
See more
See less

A Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Warning

Zeakk
    Janwin
    Charmiam
    Solnaya
    Priam
    Adayne
    Dittersdorf
    Sara
    Isaria
    Kenderaela
    Arikon
    Cromwell
    Gretchan
    Myrth
    Jayland
    Briseis
    Tsunn
    Mune
    Ryot
    Ophidias

You have been warned. Your crimes shall be brought before the Court of the Summer Doves , and your punnishment shall be determined. I hope that you will accept your punnishments as they are decided. You have slighted too many.

That is all.
    [you see a crescent moon fashioned ismply in pale charcoal within the moon are the words, 'Crescent of the Summer Doves']
    With Undying Love,
    This Message is Scribed.
    In Hopeless Dreams,
    and Ancient Screams...

Loving Poet

Well, the first missive mostly seemed ridiculous, but this does it. Lay a hand on my betrothed and we will see just how the part of the Capitulary about killing someone to prevent violent high crimes works in practice.

Furthermore, you can be assured that I shall gladly hunt down, drag out, and deliver to the Royal Guard and the Winter Watch every last single one of your sniveling lot that I can uncover.

- Priam
    Priam: You know what's a bad idea?
    Kyramor: Not usually

Comment

I wish you nothing but the best. In addition, I'll be certain to tell my elders about your words so that we might apply them when deciding your punnishment and the punnishment of your betrothed.

That is all.[You see a familiar crescent moon with a few words scribbled elegantly inside the crsecent, 'Crescent of the Summer Doves']
      With Undying Love,
      This Message is Scribed.
      In Hopeless Dreams,
      and Ancient Screams...

Loving Poet

Comment

Let me guess, I am to be punished because I am the Guildleader of the Awakener's.

Please seriously reconcider the 'charges' against me, or I may seriously concider defending myself with leathal force.

Ser Jayland Day
        Awakener Guildleader

Comment

I tremble in fear. Waaah.

-Ever amused

Comment

This should provide some sort of entertainment, at least.
            Sera Lysarian

Comment

[Quick, elegant script comprises this message]

It won't be entertainment when innocents get involved. You may add my name to that list, welp of these foppish Elders. For every one of you who seeks to falsely bring forth a sense of justice, five blades will rise in unison to strike you down. You will not succeed. You will be broken. All who hide in shadow eventually meet the light, and are burned into nothing.

Honor in all things,
              [Signed perfectly]
              Santilius Galanodel ~ Senior Triad of the Duelists
              ~ As the wind blows, so the reed bends ~

Comment

My stomach does ache from the great wave of laughter that came over me when reading this drivel.

Is that sufficient enough punishment?

If not then please feel free to continue to post such amusing proclamations and I shall await them for further punishment.
                Mistress Gretchan D'Avalon

Comment

Nifty little symbol you got there.

If you were seeking justice, might as well off yourself first, then come after us.

You were the one holding an innocent at knife point and all, I mean, far be it from my villainous self to say anything but, I'd say that holding someone against their will is kidnapping and unjust. That's just my personal opinion though.

~Adayne

[a delicate red crescent moon adorns the bottom of the scroll]

Do tell your Elders that we're sorry that they, and their little messenger are hypocrites. But that we wish -them- the best in getting a better speller, and then we'll talk about this death and punishment thing.

Comment

Hmm, what an incredible waste of time...

[Signed with a picture of a clock]

Comment

What did I do wrong?

I don't understand.

--Deputy Tsunn Ju'Kri

Comment

If you even think of going after my sister you will have to go through me and I assure you, you will have a battle on your hands.
                        ::You see a simple cresent moon with the name Mune sitting inside of it written in curisive:::

Comment

I take particular offense to that warning against mine sister the First Acolyte, and the Lady Priestess. They, at the vera least, promote balance to the castle. Ye should clearly state their crimes as ye so clearly wrote their names. What sort of justicars are ye if'n they dinnae even know their crimes... no chance to change their ways?
                          Should ye truley wish to make good yer vague threats come t'me FIRST. Only when I be cold and dead would I allow ana to harm mine family. And I equally offer minesef to Her Ladyship's standing as well.
                          Simple.

~Honor to Mine Duties~
                          Sera Khalea
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          ~~~~Sera Khalea~~~~
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          ~Awakener~
                          ~Seeker of the Faith~
                          ~Seamstressing Student~
                          ~Trainer, Student, and friend to all~
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Darn. I didn't make this person's list.

Ah well, I'll mole around a bit and have some fun with this one.
                            The Mole

Comment

I thought there would be at least one pointless post on this board, and I think I have just found it.

Mayhaps I could warn thee, that most of these people are my friends. Hurting them in anyway would be attacking me and I would gladly help each and every one of them if I had to.

A warning has been made to you, Ser. I hope no more will be heard of this.

Jacicus Solambia
                              Courtier of Castle Marrach
                              Doctor of the Royal Healers
                              Retainer to Lady Sinvy
                              Fellow of the Royal Collegium

Comment

Working...
                              X