Announcement

Collapse

SkotOS Downtown: Wednesday, 11am-1pm PT

I am scheduling a downtime for all SkotOS machines from 11am-1pm PT on Wednesday.
  • Marrach will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Lazarus (and Lovecraft) will be going down to upgrade its Operating System
  • Ironclaw will (hopefully) be going down to tune its performance
See more
See less

Carpentry Ordering Changes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpentry Ordering Changes

Starting, as of this Wednesday, we will no longer accept orders by scroll. This includes old orders mentioned in a previous posting. If you wish to place an order, please attend the soon-to-be-listed Open Hours held by the Carpenters. If you cannot attend the hours, you may seek out a Carpenter in person to discuss your order.

~As per order of Master Carpenter Rivelan

*retacked*
    Mistress Eleren

Master Luthier
    Carpenter
    Courtier

Comment

*retacked*
      Mistress Eleren

Master Luthier
      Carpenter
      Courtier

Comment

Thank you for making it more difficult for those who keep schedules that may not suit carpentry open bells.

Oh... But we can meet with the carpenters ... that's rich! Yet another schedule issue and besides, to make it more difficult .. There are how few carpenters now...?

Ridiculous. Especially since carpentry is not something that the person ordering has to actually be there for, unlike getting your hair styled.

-Di

[OOC: Reminder that we do have lives outside the game. Open hours make alot of things more difficult, and unless its a guild meeting or something you absolutely have to be there for, they are unneccessary.]
        "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of."- Bacharach
        "Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."- Trevelyan
        "There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."- Herold
        "I don't necessarily agree with everything I say."- McLuhan
        "There was never a great genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
        Get Firefox -- My Blog

Comment

How about scrolling one of the carpenters to ask to meet them? Surely, it's not that difficult, and I doubt you're so busy that you don't even have five minutes to speak to one of them.

Comment

I bet you see a Carpenter every day and do not even realize it. Look into who all is a Carpenter.

We are trying to hold bells frequently, so good luck attending them.

Scallen Picarre DeSotoz

Comment

I do not want to give the impression that this is a personal issue for me. I actually have the advantage of keeping some of the same hours as several carpenters.

There are, however, a lot of people who do not. I am simply stating that I do not believe that this is a necessary change, as long as any order scrolls are sent with completely thourough order information on them.

If receiving orders by scroll that are not detailed enough, or complete, is the cause of this change in the carpenters way of doing things, perhaps an update to the carpentry guidlines with more detail would be helpful to resolve this.

-Di
              "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of."- Bacharach
              "Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."- Trevelyan
              "There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."- Herold
              "I don't necessarily agree with everything I say."- McLuhan
              "There was never a great genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
              Get Firefox -- My Blog

Comment

Actually, part of the reason that the new guidelines are in effect is so that those placing orders might be able to recieve some advice or guidance on their orders. There have been far too many orders that only the Master Carpenter can make because people order precisely as high as they possibly can according to their Tier. There are many changes coming into effect which hopefully will coax people into ordering simpler objects so that those without much training can still assist the Castle.

And yes, a Carpenter is generally about, most of the hours in the day. I doubt it will be a problem to find one, or if you cannot find one, you can scroll us, and I'm sure that one of us can meet with you at a time that is convenient for you.

Comment

Re: Carpentry Ordering Changes

Originally posted by Janwin
                  Starting, as of this Wednesday, we will no longer accept orders by scroll. This includes old orders mentioned in a previous posting. If you wish to place an order, please attend the soon-to-be-listed Open Hours held by the Carpenters. If you cannot attend the hours, you may seek out a Carpenter in person to discuss your order.

~As per order of Master Carpenter Rivelan
                  While this may be fine for outer orders and outer residents, there are a number of people in the inner who try not to travel into the outer at all if they can. Is this rule only for those who reside in the outer, or will there be Open Hours held in the Inner as well?

Comment

Those who reside within the inner baily are free to send a scroll to set up a meeting, or to send their assistant to open hours in their stead. It should not be an inconvenience, especially since at least two of the carpenters reside within the inner baily as well.

In service,
                    Mistress Eleren

Master Luthier
                    Carpenter
                    Courtier

Comment

Working...
                    X