Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A most disturbing development

Denizens of Castle Marrach,

I wish to warn you of an appaling turn of events. Sera Santlar, an Initiate of the Lady Serista, has obtained two branding irons. Both are carved in a circular design, one with the letters "OB" and one with the letter "A".

This first is apparently meant to be applied to "Oathbreakers". The second to "Adulterers".

I would like to make two things concerning this matter very clear.

If any one shall commit assault, or attempt the rape of another, let them suffer 12 lashes if no blood is shed; but if there shall be serious maiming, disfiguring or wounding (“mayhem”), the penalty shall be beheading. But if they be of noble blood, they shall suffer such lesser punishment as the court may impose.
    Should sera Santlar make use of these brands, she would be commiting assault against any she applies the mark to. Furthermore, this would be a disfiguring form of assault, and as such warrents an extreme consequence.

If any one shall impersonate Her Majesty’s servants, or falsely claim authority from Her Majesty, let them suffer no more than 12 lashes and be exposed for no more than 5 days in the stocks. But if they be of noble blood, let them suffer such lesser punishment as the court shall decide.
    Sera Santlar has not been granted the permiss of Her Majesty Queen Vivienne to engage in such practices. Sera Santlar is neither a member of the Winter Watch, nor of the Royal Guard.

Now, I will admit, that I too have no legal authority over these matters. Yet I ask you, good people of Marrach, that should you see sera Santlar wielding these impliments, to please report such instances to the Winter Watch or the Royal Guard. Lawlessness must not be permitted within these walls.
    Lady Avaria, Royal Archivist & Dean of the Royal Collegium
    Collegium Dean since 30.10.8
    Royal Archivist since 10.11.2
    Previously Senior Chronicler and Counselor

StoryPlotter Skelly says, "I always knew Avi was evil ... Now I have logged evidence!"

As requested by Initiat santlar I must inform you that what one person sees as an asault others see as a service, that she never has claimed authority save what she has been granted, and she serves her Majesty, long may she reign, loyaly and with respect to her laws.

I must also make note that her proper title is Initiat, and it is apropriat to call her such.

She would post herself but she is far to busy in service of her majesty.

I would also like to remind you that any missives concerning this matter are more properly addressed to me than to her, as I am her servant and her time is valuble.

Thank you.

Keep in touch, PM me with yahoo messneger. My ID is Fizgot. (and tell me who you are in CM so that I can know who Im talking to)

Comment

It is fine and fair that Initiat Santlar respects the laws, Seeker Kyle, but in her enthusiasm to serve she can quite easily blind herself to the law through self-justification of her intended act of 'punishment'.
      I myself saw the branding iron with 'OB', this past tuesday's eve, and there was no doubt that she intended to use it to brand my forehead...But she didn't due to one fact, and it wasn't suddenly remembering the Law.
      It is my suggestion that Lady Serista be notified of this behavior soonest, and hopefully before harm comes to anyone.

Respectfully,
      Ser Jayland Day.

p.s. There is no doubt in my mind that my 'stigma' is far from being cleared. Nor do I have any doubt that some day, immediately soon, I will be having words with Lady Serista concerning this matter.

Comment

Branding irons now hunh?

Every day I fall more in love with this castle.
        No, really.
        "Bang."

Comment

Originally posted by Darren Brimhall p.s. There is no doubt in my mind that my 'stigma' is far from being cleared. Nor do I have any doubt that some day, immediately soon, I will be having words with Lady Serista concerning this matter.
          Oh yes. I am sure Lady Serista is most interested in speaking to anyone whom wishes it.

You overstep your position and to even send a scroll to one so much higher in rank than you is considered a grievous breach of etiquette.

But I would expect no less.

Ra'Dorcha

Comment

And I expect no less of you, Ra'Dorcha. For if Santlar does succeed in branding someone, her actions will reflect back upon the Sorcerer's Program . How much is hard to say, but most definately Lady Serista will be hearing about it.

As for my p.s. for which you ripped, Ra'Dorcha, please bear in mind that this Castle is, inspite appearances, small, and, in the course of my duties within the Inner Bailey, a 'meeting' will most likely occur...someday.

Insightfully,
            Ser Jayland Day

Comment

Is the Initiate proposing to hold someone done and brand them against their will? This would definitly be considered assault. The same as if someone held down another and craved upon them with a knife. Now, if the other consents, is this a crime? The tatooists do disfigure others with a needle, and tis not considered assault when last I spoke to one.

Because one has a weapon, be it brand or sword, does that mean one will use it to break the law? I hope not, for that tis true I can think of many who should be locked away.

With respect,

Martel

Comment

Congratulations to Santlar

I applaud Seeker Santlar for her quick thinking, and her adept use of her brands, to destroy one of those vicious moths that have been attacking guests lately.

It seems their taste has expanded from wool to silk and other fabrics, and during their screeching attacks, I could not get near them with my dagger, while they feasted merrily on my slippers.

Thank you, Seeker Santlar.

Comment

It seems to me that people have their priorities and values mixed up in this castle. Upon the message boards I expect to see news that is worthy of the citizens of the Outer and Inner bailey's eyes. If you have a personal problem with another person, then by all means discuss it with that person. Is it really necessary to post a personal matter on these bullitens? Aye, personal opinions are tricky things. Each moment all of us has one, and some obviously handle it differently than others.
                  Secondly, please do not be judgemental. Because one person does something you disagree with, does that mean you have to disagree with and dislike everyone in his or her guild? No, gents, no.

~*Kirsten

Comment

I was there when an argument occurred concerning the brands..
                    The way I heard it, is that she would'nt *force* the person to take the brand, but that it might be an alternative to something far more harmful to the foresaid person. Considering the seriousness of a person breaking an oath; I believe that receiving a brand, whether physical or social, for oathbreaking; is quite leniant.
                    Originally penned by Dionar
                    Ryot was a mistake, and it was corrected. Threads have been locked because the conversation degraded into personal attacks and name calling.

Comment

Working...
                    X