Announcement

Collapse

The Great Skotos Split Is Here [UPDATED]

The long-planned Skotos split is here. We are going to be separating Skotos into the four games that we're passing off to individual players (Marrach, TEC, the game formerly known as Ironclaw Online, the game formerly known as Lazarus Sleeping), and in the near future the core Skotos site will shutdown.

Here's how it will work:
* On Monday, we will turn off the ability to make any purchases through the main site. This will be the end of credit card purchases for Skotos games.
* We will run final automated credit card purchases on Tuesday morning. This is typical, in that our regular subscriptions are always set to run on the 1st through the 28th.
* On Wednesday, we will begin converting the games over to the new auth server that I've been working on for the last month and a half. All data will be converted over from the moment I grab the database. This means that all of your account information, including all payments (but not including any credit card information or Paypal information) will be duped to all the games: you'll be able to play any of them for the time you'd previously paid at the main Skotos site.
* We'll then start integrating the individual sites for each game with the new stand-alone setup.
* And likely I'll be resolving bugs in the auth server that only turn up through extensive usage.
* Meanwhile, we'll start handing off games to the individuals who will be running it in the future. I'm at this point over the time I'd initially committed to Skotos by a bit more than three weeks, but I'm expecting I'll need to offer support a little into May to make sure everyone is running well and that I've helped Christopher, Skotos, and the game leads deal with any intricacies of the hand-off.
* We'll request that all games remove all information from users who didn't stick with their game within a year.

I hope this will go as smoothly as possible. There will surely be bumps in the road. In particular, expect some random downtimes on Wednesday, when I convert over the games to the new servers, and expect the potential for problems on *next* Thursday, when I see how things work in the new setup.

A Few Updates as of 5/3:

1.) Castle Marrach, TEC, and Allegory of Empires are now split out from the main Skotos UserDB, which is the first (and biggest) step in separating these games. Multiversal Revelations will follow on Monday.

2.) Each site has a new login page of the form login.itsdomainname. This is the proper place to login to that game, and where you should access all UserDB functionality. Anything you do on the main Skotos users pages will no longer be reflected. Yes, that means you should be using the new pages to update your accounts, purchase months of play, and purchase subscriptions. Credit card payments are no longer possible, but Paypal is.

3.) Skotos is still running the games as of this moment, but they'll be transferred to the individual teams by this time next month.

4.) We've had some problems with credit cards continuing to run on the older UserDB system. We've refunded any bills that went through on the main system following the split, and apologize for the inconvenience. The plan is to turn the old UserDB off tomorrow, so that will absolutely stop the bills at this point. If you were accidentally billed, do note both that the amount was refunded the same day AND it isn't reflected on the new systems. [And as of Monday morning, those old charges seem to have been halted entirely.]

5.) We've discovered that about 20 accounts have credits of various amounts of them. This is a concept that is no longer supported in any meaningful way on the new UserDB, so we'll convert those credits to days of play at the most generous ratio.
See more
See less

A Challenge to all in the Outer Bailey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Challenge to all in the Outer Bailey

Slander against the Outer Bailey! Mud has been flung in our faces by a dim few who care not for rational thought!

The previous subjects regarding the lack of respect the Outer Bailey displays for the Healers who frequent us need to be counteracted. Such a response as that dealt by Doctor Mielyr and his students undoubtedly is understandable in every respect, for that is not what I question here.

With all that has been said, I hereby challenge ALL Outer Bailey residents who read this. My challenge is this: know your healers -- Apprentices Anabeth and Severin, Nurses Diana, Ecremis, and Destini. Make them fully aware of how appreciative the Outer Bailey is for their rigorous studies and regimens, and for their dedication to improving our health so unconditionally. Write your missives of thanks to these individuals. Show your gratitude in the form of a response to this very post ... even if you decide to leave off your name and remain anonymous.

Don't allow the hasty words of two ill-mannered folk speak for you, Outer Bailey sers and seras. Think of all that we could potentially lose with out Healers! Do you want to have your opinions voiced FOR YOU? And done so disregarding all courtesy and respect? Ponder such questions, I beg you, and please consider my challenge.

Hopefully,
    Aislinn.
    "Four A.M. knows all my secrets."

The only challenge...

is to swallow the bile raised involuntarily by such obvious false politically motivated postings such as yours sera Aislinn.

Know this. None have more consistently than I shown respect to the healers in those times when I found it needful to make requests of their services or in thanking them afterwards.

Who are you to speak of Slander? The bells of insincerity seem to ring about your every word. I begin to wonder why I ever thought thee friend. I suppose I have in the past been too gullible.

With a sad heart,
    ser Avocet
    Edward Van Avocet

Comment

I am sure that you expect a reply from me, and since I have never been one to disappoint, here you are:

"I shown respect to the healers in those times when I found it needful to make requests of their services or in thanking them afterwards. "

Dear me, and what of those times when you do not need them? I think that your thanks at those particular times are politically motivated too, because if they were sincere, you would not spew such sarcasm all over these boards. We have no healers now for seventeen days, most of which is a direct result of your slightly veiled disrespect for your betters.

I think sera Aislinn truly cares about the well-being of the Outer Bailey residents, and wishes to make ammends with the good Doctor Mielyr and his Apprentice Severin on behalf of those who do not share your opinion. We should consistently thank the healers for putting up with our brackish behaviour that necessitates healing so often. Besides duels and apprehensions by the Watch, we shouldn't need their services so frequently.

"I begin to wonder why I ever thought thee friend."

Because you are delusional. I suggest you visit a healer.

With a bow and a flourish,
      <-> V. Mayakovsky <->
      Member of Her Majesty's Court
      Favoured Student, College of Art of the Royal Collegium

" You ask how many friends I have? Water and stone, bamboo and pine.
      The moon rising over the eastern hill is a joyful comrade.
      Besides these five companions, what other pleasure should I ask?"

- Yun Son-Do (1587 - 1671)

Comment

Ah, I should clarify slightly...

I have never requested the services of healers for myself, but only at times when others who were ill or in need. In these instances, I have always been respectful to them, and have always been impressed with their dedication and efficiency. I felt I should say this for the previous statements by sera Aislinn incorrectly attributed some other attitudes to me. I have heard others complain of politics confused with healing duties, but have not myself witnessed any such problems when care was needed. The recent postings and what may follow could possibly shed new light on such matters. I know not.

With regard to you ser Mayakovsky, I hold no expectations one way or the other with regard to what you may choose to post or say, but do ask you to recall that I have publicly given my word not to utter foulness against thee, and aim to keep that word.

It may be helpful to your understanding to know that the onetime friendship between sera Aislinn and myself predates your awakening. Her evident change in attitude towards me as expressed not long ago elsewhere on these boards came as a surprise to me, I know not the root of this change.

Again, I speak only for myself.

ser Avocet
        Edward Van Avocet

Comment

Sera Aislinn,

I commend your pursuit at seeking a reolution to this unfortunate turn of events, and support your quest in returning our kind healers to us once again. I am nothing but appreciative for their efforts and am appalled that so few respect, or acknowledge the weight that lies on their shoulders. They have always been there for me when needed and have treated and healed me with kindness and respect. I seriously question anyone who would nay say the very people who mend our wounds when honorable duels are held, or when villains attack loyal denizens of Her Majesty.

I hope this hiatus will put some humility into the hearts of those who o not treat these good servants with proper courtesy and respect. Good day.

Long May She Reign,
          Ser Ghent
          "Enjoy Life. There's plenty of time to be dead."

Comment

I, of course, fully support ye and the healers, my friend. Wether or not some of ye in the Outer Bailey have needed the good services of the healers before, it is evident that they are a very neccissary part to our health and existance! If they had to respond to ever little cough, sneeze, and dripping nose that a fellow denzien recieved, they would be far too busy! They are doing what they can, and for that I commend them. Perhaps this time off for them will show us that we should not take them for granite!

Respectfully,

Seeker Dolph
            Royal Chief of Medicine
            Noble of Her Majesty's Royal Court
            Avowed Seeker of the Faith

Comment

Anyone wishing to express thanks, appretiation, and an assurance that the sentement of a few do NOT speak for the majority are encoraged.

The healers are a valued comodity of this castle and deserve appretiation that hasnt been given in recent time.

Please remember howerver: any messages intended for Apprentice Severin must be addressed to me. I shall make certain that he recives all missives intended in a timely manner.

Thank you.

Keep in touch, PM me with yahoo messneger. My ID is Fizgot. (and tell me who you are in CM so that I can know who Im talking to)

Comment

Healers are needed

I have always found that the healers are needed... They've helped me, and my friends and family. It would be pointless for them only to operate in the Inner Bailey, due to all the illness and wounds that are in the Outer Bailey

Whatever happened, It does not take away the respect I hold to Destini, Emyrs and all the others.

Jacicus

Jacicus Solambia
                Courtier of Castle Marrach
                Doctor of the Royal Healers
                Retainer to Lady Sinvy
                Fellow of the Royal Collegium

Comment

The services of the healers are crucial to the Winter Watch. We hold all healers in highest esteem and hope that the ban 'pon the Outer Bailey which we protect shall not result in the deaths of any officers of the Watch.

If it doth, I shall well recall whose loose and rebellious tongues have caused the Watch to lose ranks.

Pray thou for thy Watchmen who are continuously in danger for the sake of the safety of Her Majesty's Outer Bailey guests.
                  Artegal, valet to his Excellency the Royal Consort

Comment

Watch and Healers

Aye, what the Corporal says is true... Without the Healers, I personally would be dead thrice times from bleeding to death... The Healers are an invaluable asset to the castle, and all should cherish them... Remember, they are people, like you, me, and everyone else... Aye, perhaps they have some flaws that you dislike, but guess what? I have flaws, you have flaws, everyone has flaws... It's to be expected... Cherish the Healers for what they are... And who they are... And what they do every day to aid the castle...

Watchman Janwin Njimigen

Comment

Interesting,
                      The healers will add days for insults,
                      yet all the praise in the world,
                      means nothing.
                      They let so few,
                      effect their operations,
                      when so many,
                      have nothing but,
                      respect.
                      A very curious,