Guild Week: Toy Design Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Week: Toy Design Competition

In honor of Guild Week, Master Taralyn has authorized me to hold a Toy Design Competition on behalf of the Carpenters. Submissions will be accepted from now until the first day of Guild Week, the Tenth Day of the Fourth Moon in this, the Twelfth Year of Recent Awakenings.

The design must feature a toy that is primarily created from wood, but other materials may be used. There is no limit to design beyond your imagination and what can be created given the skills and magics available. Designs may be submitted as a description, a drawing, or both. Please be as detailed as possible. Only one design per person will be allowed.

The winning toy or toys will be crafted based on the design submitted and, depending on how long they take to craft, presented as prizes to their designers at the Guild Week Banquet hosted by the Chambers in the Outer Bailey Theatre at Eight Late Bells.

[OOC: While not required, players are encouraged to include the brief, look, examine, and up to a maximum of three details describing their toy submission.]

Please send your submissions directly to me, Apprentice Carpenter Tristan, and use all the creativity you can muster!

In service,

Tristan O'Breslin

*bumped *
    Ser Kobe
    Junior Equerry to Lord Vestio
    Battler Teacher
    Mummer for the Unity of the Arts

Linguistics Project Assembly Teacher

Comment

[Re-pinned]

A reminder that this contest is open until 10th Day of this moon. Thank you for all the submissions so far!

Please note the other contests being held for Guild Week, namely the Garden Society's Rose Art Contest, the Hairstylist's Contest, the Chronicler's Writing Contest, and any others I may have overlooked.

In service,

Tristan O'Breslin

Comment

[Re-pinned]

The deadline is midnight tonight, I thank all of those who have sent in their submissions and encourage any last-minute entries!

In service,

Tristan O'Breslin

Comment

The Carpenter's Toy Design Contest has come to a close! Thank you to the seven entrants: Handmaiden Mena, ser Liir, and seras Amishi, Arica, Avelyne, Louise, and Prue.

The Carpenters as a Guild will choose their favorites and the winners will be announced at the Guild Week Banquet at the Eighth Late Bell this Saturday in the Outer Bailey Theatre. The winning toys will be presented to their designers as prizes, when they are completed. Because of the high level of imagination found in the submissions, this may or may not be at the Banquet.

I request that Carpenters interested in helping to choose the winners contact me.

[OOC: Carpenters who are subscribed to the mailing list have mail! Students and other carpenters will need to send a scroll or contact Tristan IC to vote.]

In service,

Tristan O'Breslin

Comment

Thank you again to all of those who participated in the Carpenter's Toy Design Contest and to those Carpenter's who voted to choose the winners.

Because the winning designs are so intricate, requiring many pieces, moving parts, and accessories it will take at least 2-3 weeks to craft them for the winners. This being the case, I will announce the winners here instead of the Banquet:

In a tie for first place with the most votes is sera Prue with a castle-shaped interactive puzzle and sera Louise with a pen of moving pig potato-farmers.

And in third place, is sera Arica with a set of stackable gnome cups.

[OOC: We need to give staff the opportunity to finish with Guild Week and then the required two weeks for these requests, thank you for being patient!]

Please take the opportunity to thank the winners, who I am sure will be happy to share in the joy and entertainment their new toys will provide.

I will contact said winners if any further details are needed and when the toys are ready to be picked up.

In service,

Tristan O'Breslin

Comment

Congratulations seras Prue, Louise, and Arica!

And thank you to ser Tristan and the Carpenters for holding this delightful contest!

Comment

Working...
              X