• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altered Carbon

Just. Epic.

Doctor-Medical Physician
    Courtier to Her Majesty's Royal Court
    Housekeeper to Lord Vestio's Household

At first I was like 'What?' I saw it on Netflix and was like 'OOOH, that's what she meant!' Checking it out, now.

Update:
    Binge watched it. I have to admit it is hard for me to get into some shows, but this kept me intrigued. Thank you.
    Last edited by Taite; 02-05-2018, 11:04 PM.
    Taite Morrison
    - Seeker in Natura Balanus
    - Senior Awakener
    - Unity
    - Page Hopeful
    - Seamstress In-Training
    - Battle Guild

Comment

*waits for the obligatory contribution proclaiming, ďThe books are so much better!Ē*

oh... damn... it was me, wasnít it? Terribly sorry. In all seriousness, Iíve been waiting for this to drop on Netflix since I heard about it. I havenít started yet though, cause Iím a filthy casual binger.
      Tyr Gunn
      Lieutenant of the Queen's Regular Army

Comment

Why have I never heard of this? Plebe status activated. 🧐
        Seraphus Indignus

Member of Lady Sinvy's Household
        Member of the Unity of the Arts

Comment

I've been loosely tracking this since it was announced because I'm a James Purefoy fan. It looked mediocre-ok by the trailers, and 4 episodes in it's lived up to that expectation. I'm not mindblown by it so far but its something fun to pass the time.
          "It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other."
          - Petrarch

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
          - Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - but for severe ones they cannot."
          - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Originally posted by Lucus View Post
            I've been loosely tracking this since it was announced because I'm a James Purefoy fan. It looked mediocre-ok by the trailers, and 4 episodes in it's lived up to that expectation. I'm not mindblown by it so far but its something fun to pass the time.
            But the BOOKS!
            Tyr Gunn
            Lieutenant of the Queen's Regular Army

Comment

Books are 99% of the time better than the video versions. I do like the visuals of it.

Doctor-Medical Physician
              Courtier to Her Majesty's Royal Court
              Housekeeper to Lord Vestio's Household

Comment

So I finished this a few days ago. The show definitely picked up in the second half. It's not sitting up there with shows like The Last Kingdom, Game of Thrones or Marco Polo for me, but it was a worthwhile watch. I liked Takeshi's japanese actor more though, I kinda hope he gets a clone of his original sleeve for season 2.
                "It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other."
                - Petrarch

"So far as he is able, a prince should stick to the path of good but, if the necessity arises, he should know how to follow evil."
                - Niccolo Machiavelli

"Men should be either treated generously or destroyed, because they take revenge for slight injuries - but for severe ones they cannot."
                - Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

I found the past-life story so much more enjoyable than the present day. Also any show that treats male nudity the same as female is good. I also am in love with Dichen Lachman (tak's sister).

Comment

Lachman is also part of the main cast in Dollhouse, a show with a similar concept to Altered Carbon though unfortunately only ran 2 seasons. She guest stars for a bit in The 100 too which also turned out to be a pretty good show once you get past the "teenage" feel the first few episodes has (which seem to be a requirement for any CW show).
                    - Petrarch

- Niccolo Machiavelli

- Niccolo Machiavelli

Comment

Dollhouse was absolutely amazing, and though short at 2 seasons, had a solid ending (I could have used more of the story from the last episode stretched out in its own arc, however).

I've been meaning to give Altered Carbon a real shot, and have heard the passing comparisons to Dollhouse, so I'll check it out.

Royal Chief of Medicine
                      Courtier of Her Majesty's Royal Court
                      Avowed Seeker of the Faith

Comment

Working...
                      X