Playing less

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing less

I'm going to be reducing my playing time for a week or two. A couple of months ago, I got pulled into some RP that I did not want to be in. It was very badly handled, and the after effects are still ongoing.

It's managed to end most of my enjoyment of the game, so I'm going to take some reduced time to examine whether I want to stay or not. If I decide not to, I'll try to close out most of Meo's RP. I will be continuing his IC and OOC work during this time.
    Honored Guest
    Royal Purse Bearer
    Guildmaster of the Embinders Association
    Bodyservant to Lord Sicard Dunseny
    Elder Teacher of the Battle Guild

*hugs* When I 'slept' you kept trying to get me to come back. I came back. I will not give up easily, either. I enjoy being around you, and I will miss you horribly if you go! But I do understand not being happy, as I was there, too. If you need her to do a crazy dance just to make you smile, that's what I will gladly do! IRL..I don't dance, and I think everyone is much safer for it. <3
    Taite Morrison
    - Seeker in Natura Balanus
    - Assistant Guild Leader of the Awakeners
    - Unity
    - Junior Page
    - Senior Seamstress
    - Battle Guild
    - Sculptor in the College of the Humanities

Comment

This sucks honestly, Meo is one of my fav people to rp with but I totally understand. I also suggest assisting to staff, if it was rp you didn't want to join in. No one should force you into anything and you can oocly let them know you're not comfortable with it. Take the time you need and I'll be happy for the rp I get

Comment

I hope your examination ends up positively for you, whatever the end result is. I've very much enjoyed getting to know you IG and occasionally paging with you OOC and I can say you would definitely be missed were you to go. If you ever need an ear you know I'm glad to listen. Otherwise/in addition, I agree with Vasilisa and would encourage you to have a guide step in and mediate and help you find some kind of resolution so you're not feeling forced away from the kind of RP you do enjoy.
        Acolyte of the Faith
        Courtier
        Embinders Hobbyist
        Junior Equerry to her Ladyship Sinvy
        Lead Apprentice Stylist - Inner Bailey
        Mistress of Entertainments
        Patron of the Duelists
        Royal Artist
        Ranger Recruit

Comment

But who will keep offering Juliee poisoned tea?

I hope that the issue is resolved and that you find your enjoyment in the game again. Meo is one of my favorite characters to interact with with.

Comment

Originally posted by Meoris View Post
            I'm going to be reducing my playing time for a week or two. A couple of months ago, I got pulled into some RP that I did not want to be in. It was very badly handled, and the after effects are still ongoing.

It's managed to end most of my enjoyment of the game, so I'm going to take some reduced time to examine whether I want to stay or not. If I decide not to, I'll try to close out most of Meo's RP. I will be continuing his IC and OOC work during this time.
            Some scenes and situations can be draining as a player, even if consciously trying to keep the boundaries between IC and OOC clear. I hope the time off works for you, you are a cool guy to play with.
            Last edited by Brohm; 05-06-2018, 06:15 PM. Reason: Englishing is hard

Comment

I love scenes with Meoris! Sorry that you haven't been enjoying the game as much as you'd like, I hope you decide to come back (but only if it's the decision which makes you happiest! obviously don't otherwise!!)

~ Keeper of the Royal Vault
              ~ Junior Handmaiden to Her Majesty

Comment

DENIED! You must stay and provide good drinks and eggy sammiches!
                In all seriousness, I know that things have been pretty straining on you, we all go through it. If you need an ear icly/oocly I am here. I don't want Meo to go. *hugs*

Doctor-Medical Physician
                Courtier to Her Majesty's Royal Court
                Housekeeper to Lord Vestio's Household

Comment

I agree with everyone!! *Holds tightly onto Meo and turns to Aloria's P* Quick! Grab the duct tape!!!!!

Taite Morrison
                  - Unity
                  - Junior Page
                  - Senior Seamstress
                  - Battle Guild

Comment

Thank you all.
                    Honored Guest
                    Royal Purse Bearer
                    Guildmaster of the Embinders Association
                    Bodyservant to Lord Sicard Dunseny
                    Elder Teacher of the Battle Guild

Comment

I think taking time away is the RIGHT THING TO DO right now! Lots of us have felt frustrated, defeated and turned-off from the game at times, and taken time away. If you find yourself wanting more, come back. If not, don't! The real world and other games have LOTS to offer. And never feel guilty about IC/OOC work. It's a gameeeeeee!

On another note, although I'm posting as Marc - I played another alt recently who got piled upon. You offered IC and OOC support, wisdom and RP opportunities through Meo that are IMPORTANT TO THE HEALTH OF THIS GAME. So, if you're teetering about coming back, I encourage you to do so because you're an important and valuable commodity in this community!

- Ryan

Comment

Agree ^^ Since day one, I have referred to him OOCLY as my advisor
                        Taite Morrison
                        - Unity
                        - Junior Page
                        - Senior Seamstress
                        - Battle Guild

Comment

Working...
                        X