Us VS Our Characters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us VS Our Characters

We all give our characters certain attributes that is unlike ourselves, whether it be making our characters tall, dark and handsome, or making them desire to learn every single language the realm and beyond has to offer.

What is one thing about your character that you pride yourself on, but do not possess the ability as you do in person.

For example:

Taite's Snow Sculpture...

Versus something I would create if I liked snow enough to sculpt it...

Honored Guest
    Acting Leader of the Awakeners
    Royal Page
    Keeper of Games
    Seeker in the Faith

Currently studying sculpting as a:
    Member of the College of Humanities
    Mummer in The Unity

Charmiam is fluent in five languages, whereas I stumble around Europe with phrase book in hand and a hopeful expression on my face.

Comment

Originally posted by Charmiam View Post
      Charmiam is fluent in five languages, whereas I stumble around Europe with phrase book in hand and a hopeful expression on my face.
      LOVE IT!! This would be me, as well.
      Honored Guest
      Royal Page
      Keeper of Games
      Seeker in the Faith

Mummer in The Unity

Comment

I've thought about making a thread like this for a while! @Kudos.

It's very difficult to play a character that is braver than yourself. There have been quite a few times over the years where I've had to fight OOC anxiety about entering a room that I was scared of entering, or writing a scroll to someone "important", and having to justify it with 'Brook wouldn't be scared!'

She's also a lot friendlier than me! That isn't really a challenge though because I know what it looks like.

She also has longer legs than me ...

~ Keeper of the Royal Vault
        ~ Handmaiden of Her Majesty, Queen Vivienne

Comment

Everything about Josie is different than me except writing poetry, being slightly OCD about work-related stuff and her favorite color being green. IRL I'm very antisocial, suspicious of people's motives, avoid parties/gatherings/shopping/etc. I'm also very sarcastic, which I often have to backspace and delete when I'm playing. She's basically who I was before the rose-colored glasses got torn off my face by real life. Character growth has squashed some of her naivete, but there's still a bit there yet, I'm sure.

Physically we have nothing in common except being white girls XD
          Acolyte Natura of the Faith
          Head of Household for her Ladyship Sinvy
          Leader of the Stylists
          Mistress of Entertainments
          Ordained Knight
          Patron of the Duelists
          Royal Artist
          Ranger Recruit

Comment

Taite is my first and only character in a type of game that I have never played before. Honestly, she is modeled much after myself. Since she thinks all the time and is doing this or that, I don't have time to think about how she acts. I would totally fail if she was snooty or looked as if she were ready to throw a fireball at anyone who spoke with her.

I, too, find myself backspacing at times. Not because it's not in character, but because five minutes after I wanted to speak, I have written a book, and by the time I want to send it, it's 2 topics later.

I really need to find a way to rant faster, or use less words to say what I want to say. LOL
            Honored Guest
            Royal Page
            Keeper of Games
            Seeker in the Faith

Mummer in The Unity

Comment

[A diversion: Taite, the ellipsis is your friend. Type a line two then ...

continue

'... then continue your thoughts.

That way people know you are still talking and haven't gone idle for ten minutes.]

Comment

I will work on that, so it doesn't seem like she should be desperately gasping for air after a mile-long thought.

Honored Guest
                Royal Page
                Keeper of Games
                Seeker in the Faith

Mummer in The Unity

Comment

Melle was intended to be far more different to me than he actually turned out being. I mean, he still is in most ways, but he ended up being a lot more friendly, lackadaisical and... teacher-y than I originally thought he would. But he knows how to do cool stuff like sword tricks and magic spells and not just... Talk English good. Physically I imagine him being about my height and complexion and that's it for similarities.

Sadly I think I also intended him to be a bit smarter than me and roleplaying just doesn't work that way. :|

Comment

My characters don't put up with nearly the same amount of degrading bullshit I do.

Comment

Conversely, Halvard is infinitely more patient and poised than I am.
                      Ser Halvard
                      Bodyservant to the Lord Chancellor

Comment

Believe it or not, I am actually much trusting, and timid than my character. We do share the bad temper, the potty mouth, and the snark, though.

I'm also obviously not a badass, flat-chested Asian with ridiculously long hair, abs of steel, and an ogre's appetite. Heck I only think about food and I gain 10 pounds.
                        Proud member of: WWMHSBA

"Why don't you all just go submit some plots where you can get pregnant, give birth to you own alt as an annoying child character, have it grow up to be a drama queen, and then you can use IC/OOC crossover to hide the goods you stole and escape from the dungeon that you're locked in due to a badly run rape plot?!" - Age

Comment

Imagine if our characters gained weight with as much as they ate. Be thankful that it's Marrach and that doesn't happen.
                          Honored Guest
                          Royal Page
                          Keeper of Games
                          Seeker in the Faith

Mummer in The Unity

Comment

Gracious, when I first created Diana, she was almost my twin, except for she had blue eyes and less curl in her hair.

Now she is definitely a red-head while I am still auburn.
                            But we both like music, poetry, dancing, fighting... and I did used to be a better gymnast before I had 9 knee surgeries. Though these skills are more limited to her dancing. Our interest in medicine is also a commonality. I've had 15 years of practical experience and was a pre-med before I became too sick and had to take medical leave. And we both SUCK at politics.
                            She is definitely more fluent in languages. My French DEFINITELY needs some work since it's been forever, but I had four years of it and I know only a smattering of spanish and a few words here and there.
                            Honestly, the greatest difference is something I added on purpose later on during one of her plot lines. I have a chronic pain condition so since she was altered in a lot of ways, she looks completely different from me now, she doesn't feel pain. And she plays the violin far better than I since pianos are harder to carry around.
                            I think our personalities are different as well, I think. Objectively, I would have to rely on those who both know me in and out of game. I play a character in our Pathfinder game (tabletop) and she is a complete Bitch! (And a Witch, so it fits!)
                            It's hard--we are so alike in a lot of ways and so different in others. Some of them are subtle while others are drastically different. After playing her since 2000, it's difficult to because she is certainly apart of me.
                            One thing that's vastly different... she knows how to sword fight and I certainly -do not!-

Comment

For Heu:

One thing that is massively different between the two of us is that she enjoys kicking the crap out of people (overconfident men in particular) who don't suspect that she has the ability to do so,
                              and I actually don't have the ability to do so and I tend not to hit or kick people cause it's mean.

Comment

Working...
                              X