Looks PCS is your friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks PCS is your friend

Hey folks, I know we are all having a blast with @task here - but when you enter a room, could you LOOK PCS first. I'm not trying to be a kill joy, but it is a little inconsiderate to those characters and players in an occupied area when you enter in @task here without any form of RP.

Thank you, I appreciate the consideration and I'll do my best to also keep this in mind when I'm running Cole around during these tasks.

Cole's handler.
    Colby Aduin
    • Bodyservant to His Royal Highness, Prince Bertram
    • Oath Sworn Duelist
    • Lead Apprentice Carpenter
    • Senior Treasurer

Seconded. I have no problem being the killjoy.

A lot of people (not all but a lot) have been enveloped in the "race to get points" and have forgotten that this is a collaborative roleplaying game. So let's try to at least keep that at the very least, in the top 3 of our priorities.

Comment

Besides, if you don't "l pcs" you might overlook a tiny person. Tine has been missed at least twice this evening.

Mistress Tine
      Chronicler of the Court
      Squire to Sir Edstave
      Junior Equerry to Lord Dolph Li'astri

Comment

I don't think it was intentional (or maybe it was, I dunno) Gareth walked in. I bowed my head to him. He bowed to everyone but me and then left. He came back, and bowed to Kobe (because everyone else but him and I left.) He went through the portal and then came back and bowed to kobe and then left again. I just ended up leaving.

I felt invisible

50 lashes with a wet noodle for Gareth!
        -Taite-
        Royal Page
        Honored Guest
        Keeper of Games
        Seeker in the Faith
        Secretary to Lady Charmiam
        Acting Leader of the Awakeners

Currently studying sculpting as a:
        Member of the College of Humanities
        Masque in The Unity

Comment

I wouldn't feel invisible.

1. If it bothers Taite, ask Gareth IC.

2. Don't let it bug you OOC.

Personally, I will run tf by people to do things, because y'all wear me out and sometimes I have limited time and want to get some basic stuff out of the way so I can focus on RPing when I'm in a better mood for it / can focus. So. :P

Comment

But I like RP with Blodwen!

Me : Beam at blodwen
            Blodwen : WTF is wrong with your face? I don't like it.
            Me : Frown for blodwen
            Blodwen : That's better.
            -Taite-
            Royal Page
            Honored Guest
            Keeper of Games
            Seeker in the Faith

Masque in The Unity

Comment

Generally injecting agreement that we shouldn't forget RP in favor of coded tasks. I'll gladly donate any points I get to whoever needs them to be convinced to not do this. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Tine View Post
                Besides, if you don't "l pcs" you might overlook a tiny person. Tine has been missed at least twice this evening.
                But since she is an assassin, Cole can accidentally miss her tiny form hiding behind a copse of trees
                Colby Aduin
                • Bodyservant to His Royal Highness, Prince Bertram
                • Oath Sworn Duelist
                • Lead Apprentice Carpenter
                • Senior Treasurer

Comment

I try to acknowledge everyone I see so they dont get cranky over missing out on the riveting RP of

bow my head passingly, "I've important orders to follow. Excuse me." *exit*

but players don't really stand out in some room descriptions. Its hard on eyes like mine. Its funny to me that the same people who complain about it have walked RIGHT passed Adahn in the inner courtyard as he often likes to stand by the fountain. Out to scrolls back to room. zoom zoom. I smirk at you.

that said, L PCS is super handy. Dont just speed read the room description.

Character names should have slightly different colors like the NPCs do imo, it would help out with so many different kinds of disabilities. A.D.D, dyslexia, being old, not enough coffee yet, etc.

Comment

What if you had something like this.

Room description as you enter.

People you see: ______

I still spam L PCS when I'm in a room and there's a lot of people in and out and then nobody responds and then I realize I'm talking to myself, but yeah. Especially if you are out patrolling, this would be useful.

You pass through a random location and you see ___ at the bottom. You will pause for a moment. Otherwise, you don't see people until it's too late and they've already deemed you as being rude.
                    -Taite-
                    Royal Page
                    Honored Guest
                    Keeper of Games
                    Seeker in the Faith

Masque in The Unity

Comment

Working...