Announcement

Collapse

Downtimes: June 24 - July 2nd

We've got another batch of shutdowns coming in late June and early July, so that the machines can be repaired for the newest bug, the ZombieLoad CPU bug.

In general, the Genesis games (Grendel, TEC, TEC-Test) all have reboots scheduled for the absolute middle of the night, so I'll be taking each down the previous evening at midnight and bringing them back up the next morning at 9am.

The SkotOS games have always been more robust about reboots, so we'll let them reboot on their own, though there's some chance for an ~2 hour data loss. In any case, I'll be checking them after the 2-hour window when I can, though Marrach has a middle-of-the-night reboot, so that'll be the next morning.

The UserDB and Web reboots will cause some downtime for the entire site, but again they will hopefully come up cleanly.

GENESIS:

- Shutdown Grendel (late Sunday 6/23)

- Startup Grendel (early Monday 6/24)

- Shutdown TEC (late Monday 6/24)

- Startup TEC (early Tuesday 6/25)

- Check TEC Client (9pm Tuesday 6/25)

- Shutdown TEC-Test (late Thursday 6/27)

- Startup TEC-Test (Friday 6/28)

SKOTOS:

- Marrach (Monday early morning 6/24)

- Ironclaw (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Lovecraft, Lazarus (Monday 8pm-10pm 7/2)

MAIN SITE:

- UserDB (Monday 10pm-midnight 6/24)

- Web (Sunday 9pm-11pm 6/30)
See more
See less

Marrach-related dreams

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think I have ever, in over 2 years of being addicted to this game, had a dream about it. I'll allow for one or two that I don't remember (since I generally forget dreams as soon as I'm fully awake), but none that made an impression.

I've dreamt about a whole load of other computer games, though.
    Priam: You know what's a bad idea?
    Kyramor: Not usually

Comment

Same here. I think I had a couple with a vague CM element within them, but no proper or memorable CM dreams.
      ----
      CARE BEAR STARE

Comment

Elvii is a real name? I never knew that.

My dream:

I went home one day and my mother had Gareth's player over for lunch, except he was all evil like, and bald. He didn't know who I was, but somehow I knew who he was, and I was trying to keep him from figuring out who I was.

Comment

You and fiance share the same real first name

Comment

Oh! That makes much more sense.

Comment

I have some of the weirdest screwed up cm dreams imaginable I remember I had one last night about samia and saeka (is that how you spell it?) well anyhow it was a weird dream I cant remember the details though but they were fighting over a pair of shoes or something.....

Comment

I'm so glad someone brought this up. I thought I was the only person to dream in parser!

Anyway, probably two years ago I had this really weird dream where I was walking around my college campus at night and there were all these people standing around looking at the sky, which was really pretty. That was the visual part. Then the dream switched to parser and I was having a conversation with god. I can't remember what it was about, though. After that I hopped in a jeep and went to a party. It was a happy dream, but weird!

Since then I've dreamed in parser a few other times, but I've never dreamed about any of my characters or the castle itself.

SPP
                StoryPlotter Phoebe

Comment

LMAO!

No I dont dream in parser, I dream about CM and Characters and all
                  Mistress Tristana

Member of Her Majesty's Court
                  Embinder/Hairstylist
                  Aide for the Healers
                  Patron of the Embinders
                  Scribe of the Chambers

Comment

Originally posted by Phoebe
                    I'm so glad someone brought this up. I thought I was the only person to dream in parser!

Anyway, probably two years ago I had this really weird dream where I was walking around my college campus at night and there were all these people standing around looking at the sky, which was really pretty. That was the visual part. Then the dream switched to parser and I was having a conversation with god. I can't remember what it was about, though. After that I hopped in a jeep and went to a party. It was a happy dream, but weird!

Since then I've dreamed in parser a few other times, but I've never dreamed about any of my characters or the castle itself.

SPP
                    Did God smote you if you examined him?

Comment

Originally posted by Tristana
                      LMAO!

No I dont dream in parser, I dream about CM and Characters and all
                      Hehehe. I do both. I dream about CM in parser, and I dream about real life things in parser too. Most of the time I'm actively feeling myself typing as well as watching the screen. I don't suppose its a wonder that my typing speed has more than doubled while playing CM. I type all day, and then even type in my sleep -.-

~Nicole
                      "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of."- Bacharach
                      "Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."- Trevelyan
                      "There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."- Herold
                      "I don't necessarily agree with everything I say."- McLuhan
                      "There was never a great genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
                      Get Firefox -- My Blog

Comment

When I was going to quit cm, and actually stayed out of it for a whole week. I had the weirdest dream. I wasn't me, or Britta, I wasn't anything, disembodied, like moving through the halls, I started in the Inner Bailey Courtyard near the fountain. I saw the stag very clearly...The fountain was very vivid, although while I remember water, I didn't see any images in it..I saw pennies..or some sort of coins. The dream took me down the southwest stairs into the basement or whatever, I ended up in the area you can see out the inner bailey guest room windows. The courtyard between the summer tower and the inner bailey. And I saw Britta, like Snow White in a glass coffin. Her eyes were closed and she was wearing a blue gown, she was very, very pale and her lips were very, very red. Snow had piled up around it, it was on a black ivorish pedestal.

That was when I realized I obviously had a problem, and renewed my account.

Comment

Hmm, last night I dreamed that I was Elvii, and I had written some sort of poem on the forums that was interperted as being treasonous, so the Royal Guard was coming to arrest me. Then they realized it was Saturday, and apparently they'd all decided that they weren't going to work on Saturday, so they told me to wait until Monday and they'd arrest me then. So, in the meantime, I went to go talk to the Queen to try and explain myself, and during the audience everything kept alternating between being a game and being real, and I was alternately myself playing Elvii, and Elvii herself. Then everything got really weird, and suddenly we were at someone's Christmas party and there were a bunch of kids running around while we were trying to have this audience. So, we went into some person's empty bedroom, and the Queen started randomly removing various articles of clothing. Apparently this was during one of the moments when it was a game and not reality, because I asked OOCly if I should continue playing as if the Queen was still fully clothed. She said yes. Then I woke up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elvii
                            Hmm, last night I dreamed that I was Elvii, and I had written some sort of poem on the forums that was interperted as being treasonous, so the Royal Guard was coming to arrest me. Then they realized it was Saturday, and apparently they'd all decided that they weren't going to work on Saturday, so they told me to wait until Monday and they'd arrest me then. So, in the meantime, I went to go talk to the Queen to try and explain myself, and during the audience everything kept alternating between being a game and being real, and I was alternately myself playing Elvii, and Elvii herself. Then everything got really weird, and suddenly we were at someone's Christmas party and there were a bunch of kids running around while we were trying to have this audience. So, we went into some person's empty bedroom, and the Queen started randomly removing various articles of clothing. Apparently this was during one of the moments when it was a game and not reality, because I asked OOCly if I should continue playing as if the Queen was still fully clothed. She said yes. Then I woke up.
                            It wasn't a dream - I've seen the log.

::nods::

StoryPlotter Geist
                            geist@marrach.skotos.net

Comment

I have dreamed several times of CM.

Once, I dreamed of climbing the clock tower to retrieve my swords that were stuck on the top.

Frueud anyone?
                              Dionar Elswyth

Courtier of the Winter Court

Comment

Originally posted by Geist
                                It wasn't a dream - I've seen the log.

::nods::
                                *giggles* You're so mean

And hey... you know, on the flip side, I remember one of those really long marathon playing sessions (think it went for like around 2 days of nearly continuous rp (not idling) and I was Sooooo exhausted when I was done, that I just left the computer on and fell asleep. But, since it was about 1 entire minute from the time I stopped playing and laid down and crashed asleep... I just started dreaming from the point I left off in game. And lots of bizarre crap happened, like I still remember part of it was that my char was yelling at Darvius because he was trying to apprehend someone in the hall and she wanted to get to her room and he wouldn't let her through and she was really tired and kept arguing til she got violent and attacked him to get to her room and got thrown in jail. All sorts of other things happened, but its been like a year since this happened and I can't remember the rest.

So, I woke up and the computer was still on and since I'd been barely awake the last 8 or so hours I'd been playing anyway... I couldn't tell if the dream had been part of the rp or not. So I jumped on messenger asking people whether or not Di owed Darvius an apology when I logged in again. At which point, I got mass picked on for my bizarre dream and no, obviously she didn't attack him so she could go to sleep.

~Nicole
                                "A synonym is a word you use when you can't spell the word you first thought of."- Bacharach
                                "Education has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading."- Trevelyan
                                "There is nobody so irritating as somebody with less intelligence and more sense than we have."- Herold
                                "I don't necessarily agree with everything I say."- McLuhan
                                "There was never a great genius without a tincture of madness." - Aristotle
                                Get Firefox -- My Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X